Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

^ Lulz were had. 4K-tan is looking mischievous, and PCDOS-tan is just. darn. cute. ^^

And I remember the original "where's the beef" picture. :P

Aurora Borealis

Thank you, Bella! 4K-tan may be a competent ninja, but she doesn't like to actually fight. She goes after the DOS-tans but just pesters them and sometimes even plays with them! (4K does not cause much trouble to infected systems)

As I am typing this, I am trying to add the finishing touches to the Unix-sama pic but for some reason, Inkscape is being unusually SLOOOOOW for no apparent reason T_T

Maybe it's because I spent more than half of today NOT using OSX. Tiger-chan might be very jealous! ^^;

Or maybe I am just unlucky.

Also in progress: -redone group picture sketch of 95 OSR 2.5-sama and 98-tan (and including 95-tan, 95 OSR 2.1-tan and 98 SE-tan)

-revamped chibi Leopard-tans picture

-revamped Plan 9-sama and her daughters/clones portraiture

EDIT: Nevermind my rant about Inkscape slowing down on me- Here's the Unix-sama pic, finished!

Siya

Bella

*looks at a certain Goddess* o.o

*stares* @______@

*GLOMPS!* ^o^

*gets hit over head with aluminum rod* >____<;

*forcibly swoooooooooons* X.x

This picture is absolutely, positively, GORGEOUS! The lighting is wonderfully done, and really does accentuate Unix-sama's already menacing aura.

Wonderful job, Aurora-hime...maybe I'll say more when I see her at The Club. :P

QuoteThank you, Bella! 4K-tan may be a competent ninja, but she doesn't like to actually fight. She goes after the DOS-tans but just pesters them and sometimes even plays with them! (4K does not cause much trouble to infected systems)

Well, how much trouble could a self-proclaimed ninja and ubergeek LOTR fan cause? Still, playing with a pesky type like her could be a lot of trouble. :P

QuoteAs I am typing this, I am trying to add the finishing touches to the Unix-sama pic but for some reason, Inkscape is being unusually SLOOOOOW for no apparent reason T_T

Maybe it's because I spent more than half of today NOT using OSX. Tiger-chan might be very jealous! ^^;

Wow, I don't think I've ever spent more than a half a day using anything but XP...well...no, when K8 was in the shop I primary used a desktop running Puppy Linux via live CD.

But sometimes Inkscape does run sluggishly on my computer...it may have to do with the amount of shading in that picture in particular. Have you tried opening other SVG files?

QuoteAlso in progress: -redone group picture sketch of 95 OSR 2.5-sama and 98-tan (and including 95-tan, 95 OSR 2.1-tan and 98 SE-tan)

-revamped chibi Leopard-tans picture

-revamped Plan 9-sama and her daughters/clones portraiture

Ah, looks like a certain somebody's revamped pictures has started a trend, eh? I'm getting on the bandwangon, too; I'm planning on redoing several drawings (stripping them right down the the vector sketch if need be). ^^

Tsubashi

QuoteLulz were had. 4K-tan is looking mischievous, and PCDOS-tan is just. darn. cute. ^^

Irrevocable truth. Very nice job on the sketch. 4k-tan is rather easily amused, though. ^.^
The two fingered grasp seems a little awkward, but it is more than made up for by PCDOS-chan's most adorable expression ^v^

Thank you, Bella! 4K-tan may be a competent ninja, but she doesn't like to actually fight. She goes after the DOS-tans but just pesters them and sometimes even plays with them! (4K does not cause much trouble to infected systems)

Well, how much trouble could a self-proclaimed ninja and ubergeek LOTR fan cause? Still, playing with a pesky type like her could be a lot of trouble. :P

eeeh... more than enough ^^'
after all, she used mathematical algorithms instead of system subroutines to detect and append 4096Bytes (hence the name) to .EXE and .COM files (Including Command.com) without updating the file allocation table. As more and more files are infected, the possibility of creating damaging cross-links increases. Not only that, but the whole "Frodo Lives" Message was generated by overwriting the original boot record. -.-

Doubtless, though, you've probably already talked all of that through somewhere I just have yet to read ^^'

QuoteWow, I don't think I've ever spent more than a half a day using anything but XP

@.@
If not for my employers, I would have a hard time imagining using XP for half a day ^.^
Mostly because of the licensing issue, though. v_v;

Quotesometimes Inkscape does run sluggishly on my computer...it may have to do with the amount of shading in that picture in particular.
Blurring in particular, depending on RAM usage. You might also try checking Console for deprecated or ignored system calls. You might want to check your compile options. With a few tweaks I was able to get Naomi-chan to run Inkscape 20% faster.

Added after 2 minutes:

Forgive me, but I need to be elsewhere for the moment. Fear not, however, I will return to comment on this most remarkable piece of artwork in your latest post. ^-^
*inserts bookmark*
-Tsu

Tsubashi

Gomen nasai, Boss-sama declared a state of emergency ^^'
On to the afore promised reply! ^o^

...at the risk of personal injury...
Kawai!!! ^o^
Just look at that devious grin, her shrewed eyes, her surreptitious glance. Her thoughts so shrouded in mystery as to render any guesses woefully inadequate. Not to mention the ambient lighting perfectly accents her enigmatic personality.
Speaking of which, I am rather astounded at the level of detail you have put into her. The shading adds so much depth to the picture one could quite viably drown. ^-^
And her glasses... ^v^
*Shooed out of thread by impatient Goddess*
-Tsu

Bella

Quote...at the risk of personal injury...
Kawai!!! ^o^
Just look at that devious grin, her shrewed eyes, her surreptitious glance. Her thoughts so shrouded in mystery as to render any guesses woefully inadequate. Not to mention the ambient lighting perfectly accents her enigmatic personality.
Speaking of which, I am rather astounded at the level of detail you have put into her. The shading adds so much depth to the picture one could quite viably drown. ^-^
And her glasses... ^v^
*Shooed out of thread by impatient Goddess*

Very well put, Tsubashi-dono! I agree...the lighting is really spectacular in this drawing, and her expressing works so perfectly. And Unix-sama = The Queen Of Meganes. ^.^

And, oh Aurora-sama...when shall we see this beauty at the Club...? ^^;

Aurora Borealis

Bella

Um... I hate, I truly hate to be pesky, but...

...Bigger image pwease? ^///^'

*puppy eyes*

Aurora Borealis

Ack! I forgot that Photobucket only allows for a certain maximum size! I've got a solution- you can download the svg of the final provided and export it to a larger size for posting in the DeviantOS-tans gallery!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bella

Tanks Auworwa...

*goes out of cutesy puppy begging voice*

Ahem...I mean... Thanks Aurora! ^^

Yeash, those image size restrictions on Photobucket annoy the heck outta me-- at least on DA there are no image size restrictions. Woot! HUEG images! >o<