Bad Feeling About Firefox...

Started by NewYinzer, August 03, 2006, 06:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darknight_88

Opera isn't bad, but I like Firefox more. For some reason, I can't get used to the tab system of Opera, I like more the Firefox tabs. But that was with the v 8.0, so I guess It wont hurt to give Opera 9 a try.

NewYinzer

QuoteOpera isn't bad, but I like Firefox more. For some reason, I can't get used to the tab system of Opera, I like more the Firefox tabs. But that was with the v 8.0, so I guess It wont hurt to give Opera 9 a try.

Yeah, I like the tabs too. I think I'll stay with Firefox until digg starts gettin' angry.

Kami-Tux

Is there a Konqueror-tan? Because Konqui is a great browser!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Ultimaninja

I like firefox...but she can be a harsh mistress...

she deleted my bookmarks and was very rude...but she's still better then IE, so firefox ftw.

CaptBrenden

I donno, I didnt care for firefox the one time I used it.  IE 7 now has tabs so i guess thats something?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NewYinzer

Quoteshe deleted my bookmarks and was very rude...but she's still better then IE, so firefox ftw.

Same thing happened to me. Some days, Firefox crashes on my computer. I don't know why, but it happens. It's still better than having to fight spyware every day. Ping! I shall return! I just went away to go to the bathroom (yeah, right)!

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : NewYinzer

Quoteshe deleted my bookmarks and was very rude...but she's still better then IE, so firefox ftw.

Same thing happened to me. Some days, Firefox crashes on my computer. I don't know why, but it happens. It's still better than having to fight spyware every day. Ping! I shall return! I just went away to go to the bathroom (yeah, right)!

http://kb.mozillazone.org/Bookmarks_not_saved

SleepyD

ditto alpha here.

Happened to me more than once. Glad to see they're still there. ^^

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : SleepyD

ditto alpha here.

Happened to me more than once. Glad to see they're still there. ^^

No prob!  ;010

Ultimaninja

...page does not exist...

why does this happen to me?

SleepyD

aha, typo in Alfa's post

I didn't click on it til now so...
ehe

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Bookmarks_not_saved

NewYinzer

Oho! I was wondering...

Should we keep this thread, or lock it?

GHNeko

Hrm. I use Firefox and this actually has never crossed my mind. Usually site that I download from are always legit. If I do happen to come across a virus, I just delete it manually. I have been working with computer for 6 years, so spyware, viruses, adware, things like that. I dont worry about. Hackers and such, I have never encountered, even with the current status of me not using a firewall, though that wouldnt help much. Only firewall I have is the windows firewall. I only use IE to start up my gunbound program, and its the IE Tab extension for Firefox. I explored the tab and realized that if I wanted to, could switch the IE with Opera, so that the tab works with Opera instead. Recently, I have been worrying less about stuff like this because I am developing my own OS. And because I am a computer user, I am taking into account features and things that the average computer user need and use. When I say "average", I dont mean the average n00b, but people who KNOW what the hell they are doing when they use computers. People that have SOME knowledge of computers, where it be hardware or software. Also. Like what vista is doing. Keeping the OS under locks by having users register online and because of that, keys cant be used again. But unlike Vista, I was planning on keeping a tight lock on the OS to prevent leaks, like Nintendo did with the Revolution. *shrugs* I would go into the internet browser for the OS, but I think thats enough. X3

Silentbob

Sometimes Firefox doesn't seen to keep cookies, on some sites I have to log in every time i visit them.  Or in some cases, intermittently.   But I still feel somewhat safer with FF.  In cases where webpages do not work with FF, I use Opera.

C-Chan

A dual Firefox/Opera user?!  ^0^

Dear GAWDS, SilentBob, what did I say about being too cool?! `v'

By comparison, we're gonna drown in a sea of lameness.... -o-'