MEWXPZLFUDAWV Club!

Started by Bella, November 29, 2007, 11:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteI wonder, if K8 could eat two alive, what would DELTA consume...?

She IS a damn monster, after all.

No, I mean, literally, two of them could fit in the space K8 takes up XD

QuoteIn other things: DELTA has been acting up recently. I first thought it was heat problems (again) but that doesn't seem to be the case as last time she crashed the CPU wasn't even over 60 degrees (I've seen her take 67 without problems). So it's gotta be something else, then. I'm suspecting DirectX, because it ONLY happens when I'm playing games; it's also happened on both the x64 and x86 XP's, so no good going there.

Oh, and do any of you folks have any experience with water cooling? Since I'm likely to invest in that within the month or something, I mean.

The only cooling device I have for my computers is the "off" button. :P

QuoteOH. And also. I just realized, I've got a LOT of HID's plugged in simultaneously.

1 3-button Mouse
1 Dual-Wheel 6-button Mouse
1 Keyboard
1 Joystick
1 Remote Control
1 Brain-Computer Interface (NIA)

I have a keyboard, a touchpad, a mouse that doesn't work and a wireless mouse that's missing the USB receiver.

QuoteGAH!! >v<

*collapses*

...Well in fairness, Gnome still doesn't cut it for me from a visual standpoint (except when paired with the Netbook Remix packaging), so it's really only marginally better. But while it's no KDE or Enlightenment, I can certainly work with DarkRoom (or the Ubuntu Studio theme).

Awwwww, I like Gnome. Perhaps moreso than KDE, even. But ROX pwns them all, amiright?

QuoteNew stuff is intriguing after all. After watching Windows XP, 98 and 95 shells all my life, I couldn't take my eyes on any of that stuff at all because it was brand-spanking new. Like walking into an unexplored candy store with original, homemade candy. ^___^

And what struck me the most was that the terminal text was often in color (rare to see that in DOS).

Oh yeah...I loved playing with Beryl ^^

QuoteLesse:

C-chan's Designated Weakness: Wii
Bella's Designated Weakness: Wally Mart

There's gotta be something about the "w"'s. ^.^

And...um...Windows...too... -////-

...what!? I guess I'm a really imperfect being!

QuoteGood thing too -- a halfway-decent copy of Vista probably COSTS $300 by itself. Even if the OEM price was half that, that leaves the OEM $150 to make your laptop. Yeeeeeeeeeeah... that thing was destined for that village you saw in the computer ewaste video. -.-'

The licensing price thing is EXACTLY what I told my dad. I told him, "you do realize half the price of that computer is going toward Vista, right?"

QuoteFufufu! I'm so glad you finally got to try one of the babies. ^.^
Funny thing is: Acer-chan could eat my old EeePC 4G.

In fact I'm using Acer-chan right now -- the keyboard and screen is SO FREAKIN BIG compared to what I'm used to. Makes it much better for working in Inkscape. ^___^

But yeah, case in point: the Acer Aspire One (either the Linux version or the XP one) is only a few dollars more expensive than that Compaq you mentioned -- and yet the supreme portability and rock-solid specs make it 10x more useful! ^^

Gyah, I still don't know how I'd manage to...well...manage with such a small screen and keyboard. Might eventually look into getting one of those down the line, though, if only for the portability.

C-Chan

QuoteAwwwww, I like Gnome. Perhaps moreso than KDE, even. But ROX pwns them all, amiright?

uhhhh....

.......right.  Â¬Â¬'

Incidentally, you might like LXDE.  It's lighter than XFCE even, but still a [sorta] complete desktop environment.  I used it before with MiniME, but I didn't know what it was at the time.  ^^

QuoteAnd...um...Windows...too... -////-

...what!? I guess I'm a really imperfect being!

Well okay, so maybe the ONE weakness rule is a little too stringent.  ^____^

Let me adapt it to the 3-strike rule....

*dresses up like a genie*

You have THREE Official Weaknesses to declare henceforth.  ^^

Let me think of another one for myself.... -v-

*ponders*  -.-

.........I've scorned all American fast food chains known to man, and have cursed them to hell, brimstone and eternal damnation!  ^0^

...Except for White Castle.  ^________^;

...And Portillo's in the Chicago metropolitan area if that counts.... -v-;

...And I usually turn a blind eye to any Canadian fast food chain that sells poutine.  -.-;

.......I suck.  ;___;

QuoteThe licensing price thing is EXACTLY what I told my dad. I told him, "you do realize half the price of that computer is going toward Vista, right?"

Consider his latest and greatest Mac craze, I'm still surprised he considered buying it at all.  ^^;

QuoteGyah, I still don't know how I'd manage to...well...manage with such a small screen and keyboard. Might eventually look into getting one of those down the line, though, if only for the portability.

Don't worry.
I was worried that I would never get used to the teeny tiny 7" screen or the cramped keyboard on the EeePC, but lo and behold I got used to it in about a week.  ^^

The Acer has a bigger screen and a better keyboard, so you'd get used to it even sooner.  Besides, if you're like me and end up using it 80% of the time as a digital video backlog destroyer, then the size of the screen and keyboard would kinda be irrelevant.  ^___^

If you're ever serious about getting a hold of one, let me know.  I can be your official Aspire One consultant and tech support piggy.  ^__^

Bella

Quoteuhhhh....

.......right. ¬¬'

Incidentally, you might like LXDE. It's lighter than XFCE even, but still a [sorta] complete desktop environment. I used it before with MiniME, but I didn't know what it was at the time. ^^

I usually just use whichever desktop environment comes with the distro. I'm not picky here ^^

QuoteWell okay, so maybe the ONE weakness rule is a little too stringent. ^____^

Let me adapt it to the 3-strike rule....

*dresses up like a genie*

You have THREE Official Weaknesses to declare henceforth. ^^

Let me think of another one for myself.... -v-

*ponders* -.-

.........I've scorned all American fast food chains known to man, and have cursed them to hell, brimstone and eternal damnation! ^0^

...Except for White Castle. ^________^;

...And Portillo's in the Chicago metropolitan area if that counts.... -v-;

...And I usually turn a blind eye to any Canadian fast food chain that sells poutine. -.-;

.......I suck. ;___;

Oh no, food is a weakness for me, too. Good thing I try to eat healthy. And have the metabolism of a hummingbird on speed.

But every day, I have to have something sweet even if it's just a chunk of chocolate. And every so often I'll have to have something fried. And maybe I do go to fast food places a bit too often...but I always order a salad or something...like that helps. Gyah, you couldn't pay me to eat a burger at a fast food joint. >__<

QuoteConsider his latest and greatest Mac craze, I'm still surprised he considered buying it at all. ^^;

This guy likes a bargain, though... :P

QuoteDon't worry.
I was worried that I would never get used to the teeny tiny 7" screen or the cramped keyboard on the EeePC, but lo and behold I got used to it in about a week. ^^

The Acer has a bigger screen and a better keyboard, so you'd get used to it even sooner. Besides, if you're like me and end up using it 80% of the time as a digital video backlog destroyer, then the size of the screen and keyboard would kinda be irrelevant. ^___^

If you're ever serious about getting a hold of one, let me know. I can be your official Aspire One consultant and tech support piggy. ^__^

You'll be the first to find out if I get an Aspire One. ;)

In other news, my wireless router has stopped working. It still works as a wired router, but it doesn't seem to transmit any wireless signals. I don't know what could have happened to it...

Not a huge tragedy, though...the same model's still on sale, for half the price of what I paid originally. I just don't like to admit defeat, but I don't know what I could do to try and fix it. : |

NejinOniwa

This guy likes a bargain, though... :P
Just how the hell is a Mac a BARGAIN? It costs a fortune, by Hael!

In other news, my wireless router has stopped working. It still works as a wired router, but it doesn't seem to transmit any wireless signals. I don't know what could have happened to it...
Hum, hum, hum. Did you try going into the router's config page and looking around? What model is it, btw? I've had some times when I've accidentally set my router on weird modes and it wouldn't work; then again, routers are strange things, so it could just be something random.

Oh no, food is a weakness for me, too. Good thing I try to eat healthy. And have the metabolism of a hummingbird on speed.

But every day, I have to have something sweet even if it's just a chunk of chocolate. And every so often I'll have to have something fried. And maybe I do go to fast food places a bit too often...but I always order a salad or something...like that helps. Gyah, you couldn't pay me to eat a burger at a fast food joint. >__<
My turn?
I've got a metabolism equivalent to the energy consumption of the damn LHC, but that also gives me the awesome(!) feat of not at all having to care a shit about what I eat, as long as I don't cram on sweet stuff that will break my teeth.
I'm not that much of a sweet tooth, but if there is ice cream, there will be no more once it's gotten in my sights. Also ginger bread = DELICIOUS, OM NOM NOM.
As for fast food...

...working part-time and eating it for lunch makes liking it almost a prerequisite for survival. -v-;

In other news, I've been fluxing around with some overly stupid HTML coding recently. I'll see what I can do with that myself, but do any of you folks know anything that might help me? Plzkthx.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

QuoteJust how the hell is a Mac a BARGAIN? It costs a fortune, by Hael!

Well, he appreciates a bargain, but isn't so tight that he won't spend some money if the need be ^^'

Then again, he has been having second thoughts about an iMac...the Mac Mini seems to interest him, too. If it was up to me I'd pull for a MacBook, cause that would be a lot easier for me to...commandeer...when my computer goes on the fritz. XD

Hum, hum, hum. Did you try going into the router's config page and looking around? What model is it, btw? I've had some times when I've accidentally set my router on weird modes and it wouldn't work; then again, routers are strange things, so it could just be something random.

It's a Linksys WRT54G-- I checked the Linksys help forums, and it seems sudden malfunction isn't all that uncommon for this model. I have no idea how I could have messed it up, I never played around with the settings.
-__-

Plus more signs point to some sort of malfunction, for example, it was transmitting signals on and off. It would work for a minute or two, and then go stop, and then start up again. Really frustrating stuff.

QuoteMy turn?
I've got a metabolism equivalent to the energy consumption of the damn LHC, but that also gives me the awesome(!) feat of not at all having to care a shit about what I eat, as long as I don't cram on sweet stuff that will break my teeth.
I'm not that much of a sweet tooth, but if there is ice cream, there will be no more once it's gotten in my sights. Also ginger bread = DELICIOUS, OM NOM NOM.

I actually am not the sort of person who can sit down and eat a huge meal...I can subsist on very small meals, but I seem to eat more often. But yeah, I don't really have to care about what I eat, either.

...but, my instincts kinda tell me what I should be eating. Quite often I'll want some sweets, but when I try to eat them I'll feel sick. I know what foods not to eat, cause just about them them will make nauseous. Or I'll suddenly have a craving for something odd, like cranberries, coconut, or a pomegranate. So I'll go to the store and buy one and eat it. XD

QuoteAs for fast food...

...working part-time and eating it for lunch makes liking it almost a prerequisite for survival. -v-;

Wow...I didn't know they had fast food places...where you live...^^

QuoteIn other news, I've been fluxing around with some overly stupid HTML coding recently. I'll see what I can do with that myself, but do any of you folks know anything that might help me? Plzkthx.

I did a bit of HTML back in the day...wasn't very good at it, though, so I'm of no help.

Oh yeah, we talked so much about the Seinfeld Vista ads, I just had to post this. MAD Magazine seems to be a pretty equal-opportunity offender when it comes to computers (they often lampoon both Billy Boy and Steve Jobs), but they seem to have a special amount of rage toward Vista (once calling it "Winblows", another time saying it was a good excuse to convert to Linux!

[attachment deleted by admin]

C-Chan

QuoteBut every day, I have to have something sweet even if it's just a chunk of chocolate. And every so often I'll have to have something fried. And maybe I do go to fast food places a bit too often...but I always order a salad or something...like that helps. Gyah, you couldn't pay me to eat a burger at a fast food joint. >__<

Fufufu... so you're saying the ground, filthy, putrid, decaying remainds of the flesh, fat, bones, muscle, some hair and other assorted body parts that pass minimum food safety standards [and let's admit it, some stuff that DOESN'T pass the test... ;D] of no less than 10,000 wrongly-nourished and incarcerated cow carcasses, combined with chemical additives and other miscellaneous fauna sacrificed for filler [or just stupid enough to hang around the grinders] just DOESN'T SOUND TASTY TO YOU?!!!  @.@

Tsk tsk tsk, she's so picky, this girl.... ^.^

QuoteThis guy likes a bargain, though... :P

$300 for a "bargain" PC is soooooooooooooooo 2005.  -v-

I think $100 USD is cutting it.  ^.^

QuoteNot a huge tragedy, though...the same model's still on sale, for half the price of what I paid originally. I just don't like to admit defeat, but I don't know what I could do to try and fix it. : |

Hmmm... unfortunately I don't know a thing about wireless myself (I rarely use it on my netbooks even), so in this particular case only Nejin-san can save you.  ;___;

I would probably do as he says -- I recall that some routers allow you to reset them to their default factory settings.

QuoteIn other news, I've been fluxing around with some overly stupid HTML coding recently. I'll see what I can do with that myself, but do any of you folks know anything that might help me? Plzkthx.

You like fish?  ^^

http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/

Nvu was good when it was being supported, but I'm not too sure if it still is.....

http://net2.com/nvu/

However, Kompozer seems to be its successor:

http://kompozer.net/

QuoteThen again, he has been having second thoughts about an iMac...the Mac Mini seems to interest him, too. If it was up to me I'd pull for a MacBook, cause that would be a lot easier for me to...commandeer...when my computer goes on the fritz. XD

I actually fancy the Mac Mini more for its portability.  ^^
However, that's assuming you have good monitors -- otherwise, for sure it might be better to buy a machine that already has a "monitor" attached to it.  ^.^

Or you can wait if Apple will FINALLY release a netbookesque machine (doubt it, though... opportunity for that has come and gone....).

QuotePlus more signs point to some sort of malfunction, for example, it was transmitting signals on and off. It would work for a minute or two, and then go stop, and then start up again. Really frustrating stuff.

In that case, exercise your "right" as a consumer and start getting on the company's case.  ^___~

Quote...but, my instincts kinda tell me what I should be eating. Quite often I'll want some sweets, but when I try to eat them I'll feel sick. I know what foods not to eat, cause just about them them will make nauseous. Or I'll suddenly have a craving for something odd, like cranberries, coconut, or a pomegranate. So I'll go to the store and buy one and eat it. XD

*thinks of Earth Maiden Arjuna and chortles*  Fufufufu.... ^.^

I'm actually kinda like that with Bubble Tea myself.  The craving for lychee, peach or almond comes up and OFF I go.... ^___^

At this point it's probably worth my while to learn how to make those tapioca pearls.  -.-

QuoteOh yeah, we talked so much about the Seinfeld Vista ads, I just had to post this. MAD Magazine seems to be a pretty equal-opportunity offender when it comes to computers (they often lampoon both Billy Boy and Steve Jobs), but they seem to have a special amount of rage toward Vista (once calling it "Winblows", another time saying it was a good excuse to convert to Linux!

"Yes they are a couple of morons.  Now let's go to the Apple Store."

Double, Triple, Quadruple Bypass LOLZ!!!  ^V^

They should have seen it coming.  ^^

Bella

Quote$300 for a "bargain" PC is soooooooooooooooo 2005. -v-

I think $100 USD is cutting it. ^.^

That's convenient! The last computer he bought was in 2005!

QuoteHmmm... unfortunately I don't know a thing about wireless myself (I rarely use it on my netbooks even), so in this particular case only Nejin-san can save you. ;___;

I would probably do as he says -- I recall that some routers allow you to reset them to their default factory settings.

Tried it. Held the reset button for 30 seconds like the manual said, nothing. I'm really quite dependent on wireless networks. The cable's only run to one place in the house...still...so unless I want to connect to the DLS and sit in the vicinity of the TV, I have to use wifi.  

Oh well, I'm still keeping the router (along with all my old hardware). Someday I might be able to make something of it.

QuoteI actually fancy the Mac Mini more for its portability. ^^
However, that's assuming you have good monitors -- otherwise, for sure it might be better to buy a machine that already has a "monitor" attached to it. ^.^

Or you can wait if Apple will FINALLY release a netbookesque machine (doubt it, though... opportunity for that has come and gone....).

Yeah, the Mac Mini I'm not as keen on as he'd have to buy the monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc...which would probably add up to several hundred dollars extra. I like the iMac 'cause it's a lot simpler.

He's the one funding it, though, so it's up to him.

QuoteIn that case, exercise your "right" as a consumer and start getting on the company's case. ^___~

On a good note, it's one of the few routers whose firmware is 100% open source!

Quote*thinks of Earth Maiden Arjuna and chortles* Fufufufu.... ^.^

I'm actually kinda like that with Bubble Tea myself. The craving for lychee, peach or almond comes up and OFF I go.... ^___^

At this point it's probably worth my while to learn how to make those tapioca pearls. -.-

Bubble tea...that's quite adventurous... ^^

I actually happen to be incredibly sensitive...in a lot of ways...right down to what I'm eating. Last spring, despite being lactose-tolerant to my best knowledge, I suddenly felt I shouldn't be drinking milk. So I switched soy milk and rice milk. o.O

Quote"Yes they are a couple of morons. Now let's go to the Apple Store."

Double, Triple, Quadruple Bypass LOLZ!!! ^V^

They should have seen it coming. ^^

I should really post the "Top Five Reasons to Covert to Vista" list. That was lol'worthy.

C-Chan

QuoteTried it. Held the reset button for 30 seconds like the manual said, nothing. I'm really quite dependent on wireless networks. The cable's only run to one place in the house...still...so unless I want to connect to the DLS and sit in the vicinity of the TV, I have to use wifi.

Oh well, I'm still keeping the router (along with all my old hardware). Someday I might be able to make something of it.

Hau hau hau.... ;__;
Couldn't help Bella-hime with this one... suckage meter is creeping back up.  -o-

*pays Hau Hau Tax*

QuoteYeah, the Mac Mini I'm not as keen on as he'd have to buy the monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc...which would probably add up to several hundred dollars extra. I like the iMac 'cause it's a lot simpler.

Oh.... thought you guys already had a desktop lying around.  If that were the case, it would simply be a matter of replacing the existing Desktop with the Mac Mini.  ^___^

If all youz guys have is laptops, then yeah.... iBook is more efficient (unless you buy a really cheap monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers).  -v-

QuoteBubble tea...that's quite adventurous... ^^

Hardly.... imagine drinking a flavored iced tea (or milk shape) with gummy bears and a REALLY thick straw, and you have bubble tea (or Boba Tea or Pearl Tea as it may also be known).  I am one to try new things frequently though (except non-plant-based seafood, which I not only despise but also seem to be allergic to). ^___^'

QuoteI actually happen to be incredibly sensitive...in a lot of ways...right down to what I'm eating. Last spring, despite being lactose-tolerant to my best knowledge, I suddenly felt I shouldn't be drinking milk. So I switched soy milk and rice milk. o.O

As a kid the smell and "nata" of fresh farm milk actually repulsed me a lot, so I've come to instinctually dislike milk (even the pasteurized stuff) even if I am still capable of drinking it.  Rice milk I do love and drink regularly, since it's not only devoid of the strange aftertaste and throat-tingling sensation of soy milk, but it also reminds me of one of my most favorite variants of horchata.  

Almond milk is also not bad, but hardly cost-efficient.  -v-

QuoteI should really post the "Top Five Reasons to Covert to Vista" list. That was lol'worthy.

Post away, milady.  ^__^

============

In other news, there was a brief mention of Xenix-sama today... aside from the usual seedy business from SCO:

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20081113061529788

NejinOniwa

QuoteAs a kid the smell and "nata" of fresh farm milk actually repulsed me a lot, so I've come to instinctually dislike milk (even the pasteurized stuff) even if I am still capable of drinking it. Rice milk I do love and drink regularly, since it's not only devoid of the strange aftertaste and throat-tingling sensation of soy milk, but it also reminds me of one of my most favorite variants of horchata.

Almond milk is also not bad, but hardly cost-efficient. -v-
Rice milk? ALMOND milk!? Are there even such things!?!

Soy milk exists here, but we drink and use so damn much milk to basically everything here, so it's not very normal. My household doesn't consume much, but my clone's household slaughters some 2 liters of regular milk per DAY. That's a damn boatload, man.

C-Chan

As I always say... "The Proof is in the Thumbnails".  ^.^

But yeah, that's a real pool's worth of milk right there!  Might be better for them to invest in some cows (or goats?) and get it over with.  ^___^'

Bella

QuoteHau hau hau.... ;__;
Couldn't help Bella-hime with this one... suckage meter is creeping back up. -o-

*pays Hau Hau Tax*

No, wireless networking is kind of mysterious me, too...I only use it cause I have to, really. ^^

QuoteOh.... thought you guys already had a desktop lying around. If that were the case, it would simply be a matter of replacing the existing Desktop with the Mac Mini. ^___^

If all youz guys have is laptops, then yeah.... iBook is more efficient (unless you buy a really cheap monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers). -v-

Well, aside from the Compaq machine (which, kinda, sorta, got put back in storage temporarily due to underuse), yeah, all the computers in the house are laptops.

QuoteHardly.... imagine drinking a flavored iced tea (or milk shape) with gummy bears and a REALLY thick straw, and you have bubble tea (or Boba Tea or Pearl Tea as it may also be known). I am one to try new things frequently though (except non-plant-based seafood, which I not only despise but also seem to be allergic to). ^___^'

Ooooh, I love seafood. All sorts of fish, shrimp, squid-- lobster I find disgusting, but crab is great. Damned expensive, though, so I don't have it very often.

QuoteAs a kid the smell and "nata" of fresh farm milk actually repulsed me a lot, so I've come to instinctually dislike milk (even the pasteurized stuff) even if I am still capable of drinking it. Rice milk I do love and drink regularly, since it's not only devoid of the strange aftertaste and throat-tingling sensation of soy milk, but it also reminds me of one of my most favorite variants of horchata.

Almond milk is also not bad, but hardly cost-efficient. -v-

I usually drink rice milk but soy milk is okay too...I only use normal milk for cooking and stuff cause any substitutes never seem to turn out quite right. O.o

Never heard of almond milk before, though...

QuoteIn other news, there was a brief mention of Xenix-sama today... aside from the usual seedy business from SCO:

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20081113061529788

Wow...I thought Xenix was long forgotten...

QuoteSoy milk exists here, but we drink and use so damn much milk to basically everything here, so it's not very normal. My household doesn't consume much, but my clone's household slaughters some 2 liters of regular milk per DAY. That's a damn boatload, man.

That is a lot! We don't even go though a gallon a week here @___@

QuotePost away, milady. ^__^

Imagine that, I actually found the magazine it was in (buried in a whole stack--XD).

[attachment deleted by admin]

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteI'm going to leave temporarily to ensure that all goes smoothly with the burning of the Intrepid Ibex .iso.

So yeah, obviously I didn't return as soon as originally planned.  Things popped up (and I don't mean on the computer), and it is some IRL stuff that really doesn't belong in here.  Of course, part of the reason I was gone was Fun Fun Fun Fest (more like Dust Dust Dust Fest, amirite?) which was pretty cool, but also very exhausting.  Anyway, I burned the .iso and the disc works (yay, no coaster!) so all is well.  The once riddled with spyware computer seems to be running smoothly now, checks clean with AVG/Spybot/Ad-aware, and I'm using it right now (w/PortableApps).

QuoteNvu was good when it was being supported, but I'm not too sure if it still is.....

http://net2.com/nvu/

However, Kompozer seems to be its successor:

http://kompozer.net/

Indeed, it is so.  I believe it's one of those projects that was dropped by the original developers only to be picked up sometime later and forked by a new development team.  I haven't really used it yet, but a close friend of mine says it's a great WYSIWYG editor (and he's accustomed to Dreamweaver on the university computers).  Of course, there are extensions to Firefox which are said to provide similar functionality within the browser.

Yeah, I'm not really too big on milk myself, but I still drink it, if only rarely (other than in my cereal).  Speaking of weaknesses, since coming to ATX, horchata* has become one of mine.  I initially thought it was too rich, but grew to really love it.  I can only imagine how well it goes with spicy foods.

QuoteIn other news, my wireless router has stopped working. It still works as a wired router, but it doesn't seem to transmit any wireless signals. I don't know what could have happened to it..

If it is open-source, as you've stated, why not try tampering with the BIOS (or whatever you call the OS housed in a router).  Try tweaking the settings manually, surely there is a guide on the forums for this sort of thing.

*for those uninitiated, horchata is sweet milk that, depending on which region of the world it is found in, can be made from almond, rice, or grain.  My favorite variant is actually rice milk blended with cow's milk and cinnamon.  Delicioso!

The Choice of a New Generation.

C-Chan

QuoteWell, aside from the Compaq machine (which, kinda, sorta, got put back in storage temporarily due to underuse), yeah, all the computers in the house are laptops.

Fufufu... I'm going to venture to guess that machine is a CRT, now?  ^__^

Funny,... it's been a few months since I've had computers that old around the house.  All of them have gone off to better homes, bless their hearts.  -v-

Ooooh, I love seafood. All sorts of fish, shrimp, squid-- lobster I find disgusting, but crab is great. Damned expensive, though, so I don't have it very often.

I used to take care of lots of hermit crabs, so eating crabs makes me kinda/sorta feel like a cannibal.  ^^;

Am surprised you don't eat seafood more often, given the [relative] proximity to the coastline.  I'd figure the Maine catch would somehow make its way more cheaply to your state.  ^^

Never heard of almond milk before, though...

If that's the case, I have all sorts of weird milks you can try.  You haven't tasted anything until you've tasted hazelnut milk.  ^^;

QuoteWow...I thought Xenix was long forgotten...

......Necromancy.  XvX

QuoteImagine that, I actually found the magazine it was in (buried in a whole stack--XD).

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!  That was distributed to my friends within seconds of seeing that.  ^___^

QuoteAnyway, I burned the .iso and the disc works (yay, no coaster!) so all is well. The once riddled with spyware computer seems to be running smoothly now, checks clean with AVG/Spybot/Ad-aware, and I'm using it right now (w/PortableApps).

Poor Ian... but as long as all is well, I'm glad for ya.  ;)

Hopefully you managed to give the Ibex a spin (although probably so if you confirmed it wasn't a coaster).  -v-

Indeed, it is so. I believe it's one of those projects that was dropped by the original developers only to be picked up sometime later and forked by a new development team. I haven't really used it yet, but a close friend of mine says it's a great WYSIWYG editor (and he's accustomed to Dreamweaver on the university computers). Of course, there are extensions to Firefox which are said to provide similar functionality within the browser.

The Ian speaks truthfully.  ^^
Bottom line:  There's more than one way to build a website FOR FREE!
Paid solutions are overrated in that software niche.  -v-

QuoteSpeaking of weaknesses, since coming to ATX, horchata* has become one of mine. I initially thought it was too rich, but grew to really love it. I can only imagine how well it goes with spicy foods.

Brother From Another Mother!!  ^v^
*hugs ian*

Clearly you're one to appreciate good tastes.  ^^
The horchata I make tends to be a lot lighter, although I have tried other variants (grain-based) that are certainly thicker (and not necessarily as pleasant).  ^.^

If it is open-source, as you've stated, why not try tampering with the BIOS (or whatever you call the OS housed in a router). Try tweaking the settings manually, surely there is a guide on the forums for this sort of thing.

Well... if she's adventurous enough to mess around in VMS terminals, SURELY she wouldn't mind doing a little dissection work on her router. ^______^

guyveroz

Submitted for your approval by a Mac Evangelist... The power of Vista

NejinOniwa