Mac Party Redux!

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 03, 2008, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"Fufufu... wow, it's been a long time since we've done something like this.  I'm feeling nostalgic.  ^.^

Alright, I do see you have a better handle on scenarios A and B.  Now as for deciding between them.... why not merge the two?  ^^
Ah! Merging ideas is good too!

With more influence to B, of course, but it's precisely cause she's a bit overconfident and a know-it-all that she happily proclaims to the other girls "HEY!! GUESS WHAT?!  YOU CAN FINALLY RETIRE NOW!!!! *tee hee*" without really projecting herself in their shoes.
Hahahaha!

Is that when she hands out the pink slips with the intent of giving them a vacation, or after she starts building the machines to take over and...
and... yeah. Take over the duties of the Classic Mac-tans! That's it! ;012

And a lot of what she later does is also in the best of intentions; but in being overprotective and treating them like elderly people or invalids, she might come off as condescending at times.
That would be where Leopard-tan went overboard with the criticizing I imagine?

Even a little bit of C can be added -- she builds a robot intended to relieve them of any work (so they can, you know... lounge around and do nothing), and it just ends them pissing them off little by little.  
So they don't like sitting around doing nothing? Good! They would be angry, feeling useless because of that robot that Leopard-tan built.

Perhaps the straw that broke the camel's could be if Sonata-sama woke up one morning and found the robot teaching her morning music class, and Leopard-chan behind her saying something innocent but still... rather stupid.  ^^;

Perhaps fishing for compliments, but instead ended up getting a nice wet SLAP and the sight of her older sister storming out of the house...
HAHAHAHA! Nice!

Quote...crying.  
After that the exodus would follow, and slowly but surely the house would be emptied of its Classic inhabitants.
Awwwww :(

I have some ideas for who will be the first few others to leave. Don't know if I should reveal them yet

Except perhaps for System 7-tan, who in her own emo way might help Leopard-chan understand what she did (since I imagine the scolding from her older OSX sisters still doesn't really make her understand the enormity of her mistake).

What says you, Aurora-hime?  `v'
Ooh! I like that! It really gives System 7-tan lots of time in the spotlight which she could really use as she is the only Classic Mac-tan to NOT have appeared in zerOSanity yet!

C-Chan

QuoteAh! Merging ideas is good too!

"When in doubt, compromise" is my motto.  ^.^

QuoteHahahaha!

Is that when she hands out the pink slips with the intent of giving them a vacation, or after she starts building the machines to take over and...
and... yeah. Take over the duties of the Classic Mac-tans! That's it!

Fufu!  No, with Leopard-chan, it has to be in the most inopportune and inconsiderate moment.  ^.^;

I imagine the girls set up some sort of homecoming breakfast or something (and naturally many of the Classic-tans woke up early to help cook/bake stuff).  Leopard-chan arrives, there's huge fanfare and laughter, they all set down to eat, they ask her questions about her trip and so on, she remember she has gifts for all of them and starts passing down a few small trinkets to her OSX sisters.  

And perhaps with half an apple pancake in her mouth , she starts joyfully giving out the pink slips like one would do coupons for a spa.  ^________^;

There is of course a very awkward moment, but not wanting to spoil her homecoming Sonata-sama quickly changes the topic and finally gets some active [albeit uneasy] conversation going.

Leopard-chan might not actually stop to realize why everyone else has seemingly lost their appetite.

QuoteThat would be where Leopard-tan went overboard with the criticizing I imagine?

Of course.  ^.^

"YOU ONLY HAVE 512MB IN THAT THING?!!!  PIFFLES, I SAY!!!"
"YOU'RE SAYING YOU CAN'T MULTITASK?!!!  HOW ON EARTH ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!!!"
"NO NO NO!!!  YOU HAVE TO PUT THAT IPOD-CHAN ON AN AAC DIET!  AIFF IS WHAT YOU FEED DINOSAURS WITH!!!!"
"WHAT'S AN 'UNSMARTFUL GIRL'?!!"

Using all caps just for emphasis -- she wouldn't necessarily be rude, just as you say, a little blunt and a little tactless.  Like some geniuses are.  ^.^;

QuoteSo they don't like sitting around doing nothing? Good! They would be angry, feeling useless because of that robot that Leopard-tan built.

That's kinda why I would sway for them (or at least some of them) to stay at the BR for a while.  At least they know they still have family there -- and speaking with ][-chan might actually help them reflect a little.  No doubt at least one of them was probably the same way with ][-chan right before she voluntarily retired.

QuoteHAHAHAHA! Nice!

Well you said you wanted sap. ^^

Awwwww

I have some ideas for who will be the first few others to leave. Don't know if I should reveal them yet

Nope.  I don't want to spoil anything now.  You always make such fun stories.  ^^

Ooh! I like that! It really gives System 7-tan lots of time in the spotlight which she could really use as she is the only Classic Mac-tan to NOT have appeared in zerOSanity yet!

I thought she might've appeared in the Mac Redux one.  ''
Oh well... yeah, that's precisely why I figured she'd be perfect for the job.  You always have to be careful of the quiet ones, you know.  ^^

Besides, she lost her pride LOOOOONG ago in her mind, so there's really nothing left for Leopard-chan to break in her.

And besides that too she'd probably be comforting the OSX-kuns, who likely wouldn't have taken kindly to the departure of over half the girls.  XvX;

Bella

Do I hear talk of Leopard-tan here? Oh noes, you guys better not tell my father, least he storm in here looking for his beloved Leopard-sama.

Maybe....Leopard-tan started building a particle collider in the basement and the Classic Macs didn't want to be there when the house became a ground-zero for a rip in the spacetime continuum or a supermassive black hole...?

Nah, nah, I kid. I'm a bit short on time as of now, but I shall be back to read these ideas and give some suggestions :3

NejinOniwa

Quote"When in doubt, compromise" is my motto. ^.^
You're doing it wrong, sempai! It's supposed to be,
When in doubt, USE FIRE.

...hey, couldn't that be a solution? Fire...house...overheatagination...mweh. BREAK STUFF, IT'S FUN. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

QuoteDo I hear talk of Leopard-tan here? Oh noes, you guys better not tell my father, least he storm in here looking for his beloved Leopard-sama.

Ah, so he bought it after all?  @v@

QuoteMaybe....Leopard-tan started building a particle collider in the basement and the Classic Macs didn't want to be there when the house became a ground-zero for a rip in the spacetime continuum or a supermassive black hole...?

But that would also represent a major sap regression.  Wow, you HAVE been away for a long time... `v'

QuoteYou're doing it wrong, sempai! It's supposed to be,
When in doubt, USE FIRE.

...hey, couldn't that be a solution? Fire...house...overheatagination...mweh. BREAK STUFF, IT'S FUN. -w-

*breaks a piece off a KitKat bar*

Your right, it's fun.  ^^

*eats it*

And tasty too.... ^.^

Wait,... can pigs eat chocolate?  @.@

*dies*  X__X

NejinOniwa

No worries, it's dogs that die from chocolate poisoning...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Alex S

Well, cats can die too... It has to do with two chemicals in the chocolate, caffeine and something else, that work together to cause a heart attack in the animal.

By the way, Aurora-chan, this is a great comic.

Aurora Borealis

Giving cats chocolate is not only toxic to them, but also pointless as cats cannot taste sugar at all!

I've gotten started on the first two panels of this Mac Party special! :D

C-Chan

*voice from beyond the graaaaaaaaaaaaave*

That's good to hear.  ^^

Bella

About this Leopard-tan displacing the Classic Macs story, I have two ideas. I don't know if they're as good as the ones which have been posed, but this is just my take. How about we drag Leo-chan's ability to time-travel into it? Say she visited the future (in secret of course) and saw that the Classics would be happier if they moved away, even at the cost of their current comfort?

Or if you want to add more sap, say she sent the Classics off, only to visit the future, and see that it for the worse. Realizing her own mistake, Leopard-chan would then spend the rest of the story devoting herself to bringing the Classic Macs home, and winning back their love.

Aurora Borealis

Both are good. I really like that second suggestion and will add it in!

Thinking of how they would be worse off after leaving is a little tough. Some of the Classic Mac-tans are still very capable and could get by as wanderers but I think they would hate being separated from the rest of the family (In the future scenario, they are not all together)

Aurora Borealis

Here is one of the panels for the first page of the special!

C-Chan

*drops on floor*

GUH!!!!!!  Last stop for tonight,... the Reply Bombardment wore me out this time.  You girls are something else to be able to best the Epically-Long-Winded C-chan. ^____^

*deflates with fatigue*

QuoteHere is one of the panels for the first page of the special!

*drinks some nitroglycerin and starts doing the hulla-hoop*

TOO DAMN CUTE!!  Almost illegally cute -- you have to banhammer it quick, or else my blood will turn to sugar!!  @v@

We have 1-chan and System 6-tan in the bottom of the page, 5-chan in the very back, and then, from left to right, we have Tempo-chan, 2-chan, System 7-tan (she's.... smiling?  Ovo ), System 4-chan (strong one, I see.... ^.^), and Sonata-sama.  ^___^

Sonata-sama's eye could be lowered a bit so that it's slightly above her nose -- other than that, these girls are dynamite!  Unparalleled cuteness, especially among the 8-2-7-4 group right there in the middle.  ^____^

*stares awe struck*

Okay it was fun all.  Good night!  ^.^

Bella

Looking good, and I certainly admire that you're able to start up a new Inkscape-made comic series! I can't decide on a favorite in this picture-- but Tempo, System 2, and System 4-chan are especially cute! And 7-san smiling is a bit unexpected O.O

Though wait...are the Mac-tans a bunch of Vegetarians or what? :P

Aurora Borealis

They might or might not be vegetarians, but tofu bacon is being used instead of pork bacon for obvious reasons.

I'll post up the first half of the page (4 panels) once I finish the fourth panel. But I was contemplating skipping the shading entirely. It really adds on to the pages but is time-consuming and I wanted to keep this simpler than my other works. :-\