FOSA Lite

Started by C-Chan, June 11, 2008, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

More like 70% really.  If I gave it 100%, I would've had it shaded too.   ^^;
Oh... right! But for a vector sketch, it is very well done!

But I know you wanted to do that last time -- besides, I'd rather just get the story moving along.  I'm trying to brainstorm ways to shorten the original ending even more.  In fact, I'm gearing towards having Fedora-chan be a little more... shall we say, "proactive".  ^.^
I'm curious about these changes! Please do tell more!

Nope,... she's just a hardcore business woman, that's all.  ^__^
And in business, the "You Snooze, You Lose" rule still applies, more so for the subordinates.  ^^'
Hahahaha! Aww... the fact that she is a hardcore business woman also explains that terrible thing she did to eCOS-tan and why eCOS-tan has the nasty vendetta against her  -__-

Thank you.  ^__^
Not sure if those tags exist in Fark or not ("Hungry", "Happy", "Psycho", etc) -- if you can find out, let me know so I can get the right colors. ^^
No, those tags don't exist. But in my wiki avi scrap art picture of Fark-tan, TotalFark-tan and Foobies-tan; Fark-tan is holding up lots of tags that appear on Fark:

Also, this wasn't really what I had in mind when I said I wanted to draw OSR 2.1-sama, but at least it's a good placeholder while I get the rest of the comic done. After that,... who knows... maybe I'll.... "extend" my OSR 2.5-sama portraiture.  ^.^
Cool!

BTW, did you get the Weeners reference?  ^____^
Yup! The sign looks great, I like the modern touches you added!

C-Chan

At last!!!  I finally finally FINALLY get back to work on the XMAS comic!  ^V^

Did this in one quick swoop... though it feels a bit sketchy, I think it conveys the feel of the Unix panel.  We have UNIX-sama enjoying her annual Xmas present, with Solaris-sama alongside as a kind of over-dressed footmaid.  IRIX-sama, AIX-sama [w/ prisoner] and HP-UX-sama are outside on the fortress ramparts, "enjoying" their Festivus-inspired procession (a precursor to the Airing of Grievances, replacing the traditional dinner and booze).

Probably would be a good time to note that interrupting a Festivus ceremony by the Unices is punished,... just a tad bit strictly.  UNIX-sama just made sure to enforce it AFTER she got her present.  ^^;

This is technically a post-n-go as I'm a bit late, but I'll return to answer stuff.  Not too much, though,.... I also want to try to use the momentum to get the CIOST panel done.  ^__^

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bella

Wait...wut....is that sum chibi Unix-sama?

The Goddess might be fine with this, but I'd watch my back for a crazed Slackware-chan if I were you.

This is a really adorable panel, though! All the characters are cute (though, in honesty, HP-UX-tan looks a but like Unixware-tan). I love all the little details like Duke hiding behind Solaris-san, IRIX-tan carrying the Unix staff/Festivus pole, and how you picked out very good color schemes for AIX and...that other Unix-tan :P

And in the background--are those a bunch of flaming arrows and lasers being shot at Redhat-tan's sleigh?

All in all, one of my favorite panels to date! I wonder why...?

Oh, and I didn't even comment on the last panel with the Fark-tans and Mugshot-tan: SICK! In a great way! XD

C-Chan

QuoteWait...wut....is that sum chibi Unix-sama?

Sacriligious, huh?  ^___^'

Well the whole comic is kinda chibified, so it was only inevitable. ^^;

I actually drew her rather quickly -- I figure her design still needs some more polish.  ^.^;

*fidgets*

...After I'm done with the CIOST and Binteji panels.  ^^;

*starts frantically evading hail of boots*

QuoteThe Goddess might be fine with this, but I'd watch my back for a crazed Slackware-chan if I were you.

You mean the Slackware-chan who's stuck in an airship, busy helping UNIX-sama coordinate Project Santa?

Yeah, this is UNIX-sama's "Me" time, and she's making the best of it.  ^^;

QuoteThis is a really adorable panel, though! All the characters are cute (though, in honesty, HP-UX-tan looks a but like Unixware-tan).

Okay, I admit, I goofed big time here.  ^^;

I actually began this panel a few weeks ago, and simply resumed it yesterday.  In that time, I obviously got all the names confused.  ^^;

AIX-tan is actually supposed to be HP UX-tan.
And HP UX-tan is actually supposed to be Unixware-tan.

Probably easier if you just squash me now and get it over with.  ^___________^;

In any event, I've got some massive color corrections to do.  -v-;

Also, noticed another goof where Unixware-tan's massive cowlick is positioned UNDERNEATH the trim of her dress,... Bad C-chan.  X__X

QuoteI love all the little details like Duke hiding behind Solaris-san

I want to promolgate the notion that Duke-kun lives on Solaris-sama (much like the DSL's live in Mac-tan's apple), and just pops out randomly from time to time.  ^^

QuoteIRIX-tan carrying the Unix staff/Festivus pole

Of course.  And she was the easiest, since she actually had a REAL color scheme.  ^.^

QuoteAnd in the background--are those a bunch of flaming arrows and lasers being shot at Redhat-tan's sleigh?

Nope, a bit more down to earth (UNIX-sama isn't one to dwell on fancy weapons, after all).  ^^

The thin orange tracers are standard Anti-Aircraft gun shells, the blue orbs are kinetic energy weapon projectiles,  the objects tagging her are a salvo of Surface-to-Air missiles, and all the black smoke in the sky is just plain ol' flak.  I'm guessing the flak could use a little blurring.  ^___^

Actually, UNIX-sama can't be blamed ENTIRELY for the going-away "party".  A lot of hard-lined Unix-tans would absolutelY JUMP at the opportunity to make RedHat-san.......... uncomfortable.  ^^;

QuoteAll in all, one of my favorite panels to date! I wonder why...?

Fufufu... Probably cause it contains the greatest concentration of Bella-produced characters.  Wait till you see the CIOST one in the works.  ^____^

Speaking of wondering,... did you notice that all of UNIX-sama's daughters are bearing the exact same "please-kill-me-NAU" expression?  ^________^

Aurora Borealis

Hahaha! Unix-sama is unaware of that she was naughty that year! Unless... she really DID ask for coal!

I'm going to try and celebrate Festivus this year! I tried to last year with my family but they didn't like it T_T

I did get confused about the last two Unices in the background (didn't know who the one in grey is, suspected the last one was actually Unixware-tan)

C-Chan

QuoteHahaha! Unix-sama is unaware of that she was naughty that year! Unless... she really DID ask for coal!

BWAHA!  I don't think she has to ask for it,... she's always naughty enough to get it every year.  Sort of a family tradition by now.  ^____^;

QuoteI'm going to try and celebrate Festivus this year! I tried to last year with my family but they didn't like it T_T

Not if you did the beer and heavy drinking part...  ^-^;

[quoe]I did get confused about the last two Unices in the background (didn't know who the one in grey is, suspected the last one was actually Unixware-tan)[/quote]

Well get confused no more, cause I fixed them up.  Basically invovled swapping their colors for the most part.  ^^

Couldn't get started on the CIOST panel though -- maybe tomorrow.

Added after 32 minutes:

BTW, seems Siya-san is back.  ^^

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/11782/Silver_Dollar-tan_Color.jpg

Siya

Hurrah for the Christmas comic!  I am amused to no end by this panel.

The expressions are wonderful and Christmas Tree-tan is a hilarious prisoner!

Added after 41 seconds:

And, yes.  I'm back.

<.<

>.>

Bella

Oooh, I like how it looks a lot better now! Good job! :D

QuoteYou mean the Slackware-chan who's stuck in an airship, busy helping UNIX-sama coordinate Project Santa?

Yeah, this is UNIX-sama's "Me" time, and she's making the best of it. ^^;

You meant Linux-sama in the first line, right? :P

But I bet Unix-sama is happy with coal. The Unixes’ first choice of gift to her was probably going to be gift-wrapping Slackware-chan and offering her as Unix-sama’s indentured servant for a week. And oh yes--Slack-chan would offer all her services, including but not limited to:
- chef
- masseuse
- fashionist/stylist
- maid (French or non-French)
- chauffeur
- doorman
- food-taster,
- boot and/or book-throwing practice target
- witty breakfast/lunch/dinner mate
- sympathetic ear, and
- attentive student in the mysteries of Unix Philosophy.

But then I guess they figured that would be more of a gift to Slack-chan than Unix-sama XD

QuoteI actually began this panel a few weeks ago, and simply resumed it yesterday. In that time, I obviously got all the names confused. ^^;

AIX-tan is actually supposed to be HP UX-tan.
And HP UX-tan is actually supposed to be Unixware-tan.

Probably easier if you just squash me now and get it over with. ^___________^;

In any event, I've got some massive color corrections to do. -v-;

Oh, I see…hey, let’s call this even for my inability to remember the names of the newest Commodore sisters (red haired one=VIC20, purple haired one=C128, pirate girl=C65!)

QuoteI want to promolgate the notion that Duke-kun lives on Solaris-sama (much like the DSL's live in Mac-tan's apple), and just pops out randomly from time to time. ^^

Oh shi--that baby pyramid head thingy lives on her O__O’

I also want to promulgate the idea that Solaris-sama has magnetic generating/manipulating powers, but I’m gonna save it for the Theories thread :P

QuoteNope, a bit more down to earth (UNIX-sama isn't one to dwell on fancy weapons, after all). ^^

That’s the CIOST’s job, right?

QuoteThe thin orange tracers are standard Anti-Aircraft gun shells, the blue orbs are kinetic energy weapon projectiles, the objects tagging her are a salvo of Surface-to-Air missiles, and all the black smoke in the sky is just plain ol' flak. I'm guessing the flak could use a little blurring. ^___^

Actually, UNIX-sama can't be blamed ENTIRELY for the going-away "party". A lot of hard-lined Unix-tans would absolutelY JUMP at the opportunity to make RedHat-san.......... uncomfortable. ^^;

Sounds like another successful Festivus if you ask me.

QuoteSpeaking of wondering,... did you notice that all of UNIX-sama's daughters are bearing the exact same "please-kill-me-NAU" expression? ^________^

AHAHA! I knew there was something up with their expressions! That’s hilarious! :D

QuoteI'm going to try and celebrate Festivus this year! I tried to last year with my family but they didn't like it T_T

Wow, even I’ve never really tried to celebrate Festivus! But it’s not as if my family doesn’t regularly air grievances. What can I say, we don’t bottle things up  ^^

QuoteBWAHA! I don't think she has to ask for it,... she's always naughty enough to get it every year. Sort of a family tradition by now. ^____^;

Unix-sama...naughty? And chibi-fied? And cute!? Something--not--computing--!

But hey, coal over a pipe-smoking, gift-wrapped crazy fangirl any day @__@

C-Chan

Lots of ground to cover today.  ^___^
Want to get as much stuff replied to, since I can't concentrate on drawing while questions need to be answered and swoonage properly dispensed.  ^.^

QuoteThe expressions are wonderful and Christmas Tree-tan is a hilarious prisoner!

Thank you Siya-san!  Yes, even as she's en route (perhaps unknowingly) for some good ol' fashioned Unix interrogation, Christmas Tree-tan still manages to put on a wonderful little smile.  Guess it's easy when you're job is to be a viral christmas ornament.  ^^

QuoteOooh, I like how it looks a lot better now! Good job!

Actually, I still left two bloopers by accident:

1) Unixware still has the HP logo hairclip.  ^^;

2) I forgot to add the bag of coal with the decorative bow.  ^.^;

Oh well, no need to upload a new picture just for those nitpicks.  ^__^

QuoteYou meant Linux-sama in the first line, right? :P

uh............  >.>;

Um,... yeah!  It actually does read "LInux-sama".  Just so happens taht the "L" and the "I" are stuck together.  Mmm-hmmm... yeah, that must be the case.  <.<;

But I bet Unix-sama is happy with coal. The Unixes’ first choice of gift to her was probably going to be gift-wrapping Slackware-chan and offering her as Unix-sama’s indentured servant for a week. And oh yes--Slack-chan would offer all her services, including but not limited to:

[freakin HUEG list -- I can probably use a French maid, btw... ^__~]

But then I guess they figured that would be more of a gift to Slack-chan than Unix-sama XD

And that's also a double-edged sword -- when Slack-chan is not glued to the Goddess, she has a habit of annoying the hell out of her daughters [inadvertently of course, but they don't realize that].  ^____^

QuoteOh shi--that baby pyramid head thingy lives on her O__O’

In retrospect, that doesn't read quite right, does it?  ^.^'
Let's just clarify that Duke-kun lives in her dress pocket (when she wears that elegant yellow gown), or behind her hair (when she wears her waitress attire).

QuoteI also want to promulgate the idea that Solaris-sama has magnetic generating/manipulating powers, but I’m gonna save it for the Theories thread :P

Well I did used to think that one of her powers would be the manipulation of solar flares, which she could use to toast her opponents from above.  The ability to create temporary gaps in earth's magnetic field would probably help better explain how she "dun it".  -v-

QuoteThat’s the CIOST’s job, right?

Correct!  Although thanks to the small real-estate in the panels, not sure if I can show that off very well in the CIOST panel.  -.-

Unix-sama...naughty? And chibi-fied? And cute!? Something--not--computing--!

But hey, coal over a pipe-smoking, gift-wrapped crazy fangirl any day @__@

I get the other heretical transgressions.... but who ever said she was cute?  ^__________^

*freaks and panics as it starts raining boots*  ;^0^;

Bella

QuoteThank you Siya-san! Yes, even as she's en route (perhaps unknowingly) for some good ol' fashioned Unix interrogation, Christmas Tree-tan still manages to put on a wonderful little smile. Guess it's easy when you're job is to be a viral christmas ornament. ^^

Unix interrogation---@__@

QuoteAnd that's also a double-edged sword -- when Slack-chan is not glued to the Goddess, she has a habit of annoying the hell out of her daughters [inadvertently of course, but they don't realize that]. ^____^

What was that comment about the French Maid? You…you dirty numismatists! XD

Oh I kid, I kid. I’ve never really thought of Slack-chan’s interactions with her daughters until now. :P

QuoteIn retrospect, that doesn't read quite right, does it? ^.^'
Let's just clarify that Duke-kun lives in her dress pocket (when she wears that elegant yellow gown), or behind her hair (when she wears her waitress attire).

Phew!

QuoteWell I did used to think that one of her powers would be the manipulation of solar flares, which she could use to toast her opponents from above. The ability to create temporary gaps in earth's magnetic field would probably help better explain how she "dun it". -v-

Oooh, nuthin' like a dose of gamma radiation to gentle a would-be attacker.

I also tossed around the idea--in my head--that she could sort of screw with her opponents’ emotions without them knowing it though telepathy (not that she could necessarily see their thoughts, however). A blatant reference to the novel/movie Solaris (in which a sentient extraterrestrial structure upon a planet could amplify repressed emotions and memories in the scientists trying to make contact with it).

QuoteCorrect! Although thanks to the small real-estate in the panels, not sure if I can show that off very well in the CIOST panel. -.-

Oh well, so long as it features VMS-sama I’ll be happy.

QuoteI get the other heretical transgressions.... but who ever said she was cute? ^__________^

*freaks and panics as it starts raining boots* ;^0^;

Oooh, boots!

*goes out with hamper to collect boots, hoping some will fit*

*sings*

It’s rainin’ boots, hallelujah! It’s rainin’ boots, amen!
Tall, short, dark and light, old and new and buckled and white…

C-Chan

What was that comment about the French Maid? You…you dirty numismatists! XD

Oh I kid, I kid. I’ve never really thought of Slack-chan’s interactions with her daughters until now. :P

Oooh,... not sure if I phrased that properly before.  By daughters, I meant UNIX-sama's.  ^.^;

Oooh, nuthin' like a dose of gamma radiation to gentle a would-be attacker.

I also tossed around the idea--in my head--that she could sort of screw with her opponents’ emotions without them knowing it though telepathy (not that she could necessarily see their thoughts, however). A blatant reference to the novel/movie Solaris (in which a sentient extraterrestrial structure upon a planet could amplify repressed emotions and memories in the scientists trying to make contact with it).

That's fine, keep piling on the powers.  ^__^
I keep advertising that she's a very powerful character, yet she hardly gets any press.  @v@;

Oooh, boots!

*goes out with hamper to collect boots, hoping some will fit*

*sings*

It’s rainin’ boots, hallelujah! It’s rainin’ boots, amen!
Tall, short, dark and light, old and new and buckled and white…

*unearths self from mound of boots*

Hmmm... why do I get the feeling Bella-hime is profiting from free boots at my own expense.  ^^;

QuoteOh well, so long as it features VMS-sama I’ll be happy.

Umm.... about that....  ^^;

I'm quickly posting what I have so far with the CIOST panel.  Everything seems to be going very well -- with the slight exception that I've literally run out of room.  ^_____^;

I'll add VMS-sama of course, but I'll be hard pressed to see who makes the cut.  -___-

*starts suffering with the thought of choosing between BeOS-chan and PrimOS, Menuet and TRON, etc*

Siya

WIN!!!!  This is such an awesome panel, C-Chan! XD

C-Chan

Thank you Siya-san.  ^__^

Actually, I take what I said before back... I made a little room....  

Here's the first salvo of CIOST members.... ^o^

Siya

Rock on!  Hurrah for Menuet and TRON!

Aurora Borealis

Hahahahaha-- OH! That's going to leave a mark! Poor Red Hat-tan, getting PWNED Street Fighter-style and that the virus-tans are all betting against her!

And some CIOST members have been added! Hehehe... It looks like MenuetOS-tan and TRON-tan are chatting about how hilariously one-sided the fight is! :D