FOSA Lite

Started by C-Chan, June 11, 2008, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Hello all.  ^^
Don't mind the informality of this first post, as I intend to make this the index.  post for subsequent projects.

I'm starting this new thread thanks to a growing interest by Bella-hime and Aurora-hime to complete one of my old "abandoned" drawings (the Ballroom Amiga-Me-tan picture).  I also intend to make my z/OS-sama picture a collaborative effort, so such a project would be at home here; and depending on how this progresses, it may be home to other mini collaborative projects.

Just as a reminder for Bella and Aurora, the SAUCE file for that pic can be found here:

http://ostan-collections.net/downloads.php?view=detail&id=118

My reward still remains:  2 free OS-tan Minis of your choice for each of you if you can complete the image.  That, and of course my undying worship.  ^^

Bella

Aurora-san, how do you want to divvy this up? I have two proposals, but I'm open to input.

1) I finish Amiga-san (as in, shading, highlighting, detail), you finish ME-tan. Or vice versa; I'd just rather work on Miggy-sama, I guess ;)
2) One of us does the shading on both characters, the other does the fine detail work

I would hate for us to have to do double the work. We should each know exactly what we have to do.

Aurora Borealis

I'll go with the first plan. You work on Amiga-tan, I work on ME-tan. I think that sounds good ;012

Bella

Oh and one other thing...what side are you going to shade? I mean, left or right? Because I'm doing the shadows on the left (it'll look off if the shading on ME-tan is opposite of Amiga-tan) ;)

Aurora Borealis

I haven't gotten started yet so I will go with what you did. Very well then, shadows to the left!

Bella

Okay, sounds like we have everything figured out...

This was about an hours work:

Modifications to the vector sketch include making Amiga-tan's eyes a bit smaller, blurring the shading on her irises, making the whites of the eyes a gray-to-white gradient, removing the black stroke around her eyes, I lowered her mouth a bit, changed the eyebrows and folds above the eyes, and gave her new bangs in the front.

I did shading on her face, body, hair and dress, though I may have to do a bit more highlight work.

Aurora Borealis

Very good! ;019

But will you be able to post the updated svg so I can do my part too? (something I forgot to mention in my last post, remembered RIGHT after I finished my reply and quit my browser T__T)

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "Bella"

Ohhhhhhhhhh... ;175

KAWAIIIII! ;214

;215

But move on the left, the curl hair of ME-Tan...

It seems she is making "tickles" with the curl on the face of Amiga-Sama...

;012
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Bella

Sorry Aurora, let me see if I remember how to post an SVG file...

And I'm glad you like it, Raffaele!

[attachment deleted by admin]

C-Chan

Sorry I can't say much now,... too many things have converged prior to my vacation, and I'm just plain going nuts.  @v@'

But I love what I'm seeing (here and with your other drawings) and loving every bit of it.  Thank you so much for your incredible work as always!!  ^V^

You two better start thinking up your Minis, as clearly I'm gonna draw them with pride.  ^^

Please wait for me reply once things calm down a bit on my end.  ^.^

Cheers,

C-chan

PS:  Oh, and Raffaele-san,... she IS supposed to be tickling Amiga-sama.  I'm not gonna say that at least some minor suggestive "shipping" is entirely absent from the picture.  Maybe not to the extent of Abraxis/Fried Chicken Linux, but it might be there.  ^^;

Bella

QuoteBut I love what I'm seeing (here and with your other drawings) and loving every bit of it. Thank you so much for your incredible work as always!! ^V^

You two better start thinking up your Minis, as clearly I'm gonna draw them with pride. ^^

*suspicious cough*

ACK, ACK, VMS-SAMA ACK....

QuotePS: Oh, and Raffaele-san,... she IS supposed to be tickling Amiga-sama. I'm not gonna say that at least some minor suggestive "shipping" is entirely absent from the picture. Maybe not to the extent of Abraxis/Fried Chicken Linux, but it might be there. ^^;

OMG! We're doing more shipping than Amazon.com on the run-up to Christmas! Abraxis and Fried Chicken Linux-tan! Slackware-tan and any Unix-tan in a three-mile radius! Miggy and Zorro-kun, Me-tan, DragonflyBSD, ReactionGuy and whoever else we can throw in there!

And Mac and PC dude, 'course :P

C-Chan

QuoteOkay, sounds like we have everything figured out...

*squeals with delight*

Thank you so much for the first round of mods to this pic, Bella-san.  ^.^
How do you want your worship?  Regular, Spicy, or Extra Crispy?  ^v^

QuoteModifications to the vector sketch include making Amiga-tan's eyes a bit smaller,

Definitely a priority, since she was a bit bug-eyed originally.  Thank ye.  ^__^

Quoteblurring the shading on her irises, making the whites of the eyes a gray-to-white gradient, removing the black stroke around her eyes,

Or basically, just modernizing her eyes -- the black strokes especially are antiquated compared to the much finer drawing methods we employ today.  ^.^

I wish I could post up the original Amiga-sama or C64-Amiga for similar modernization, but those two are hybrid pics (half done in Photoshop and Inkscape) so it's not possible to do an all-out source release unless I reverse-engineer the raster portions (in which case, it's probably easier if I revise my work myself).  ^v^;

QuoteI lowered her mouth a bit,

For the more adult look -- good.  ^.^

Quotechanged the eyebrows and folds above the eyes

For sexiness accentuation -- good.  ^__^

Quoteand gave her new bangs in the front.

Notwithstanding your RL opinions about bangs -- good.  ^v^'

QuoteI did shading on her face, body, hair and dress, though I may have to do a bit more highlight work.

Her Gala dress was definitely one of the most neglected aspects of her dress, especially since I could use the excuse that ME-tan covered well over half of it.  Thank you very much -- I have full confidence in your superior fashion skills. ^__^

Aurora-hime, I also look forward to your work on ME-chan.  ^^
I'm guessing you're both taking turns rather than working concurrently on each other's parts -- nonetheless, if I can finish the Amigoid picture today/tomorrow, I'd love to pitch in and issue an updated flower "bouquet".  It's tucked away at the top where it disturbs no one's work -- and besides that, it's something that definitely needs updating, since I drew the original more as a concept than an actual finished product.  ^___^

Then there's the matter of the background, although at the moment I'm not sure what it'll be.  My original idea was to create a stylized pink background with sparkles and flowing things (not unlike a dream sequence), but given this is an SVG it can be practically anything we want.  ^^

Quote*suspicious cough*

ACK, ACK, VMS-SAMA ACK....

And I can make #2 FreeVMS-chan, no?  ^___^

QuoteOMG! We're doing more shipping than Amazon.com on the run-up to Christmas! Abraxis and Fried Chicken Linux-tan! Slackware-tan and any Unix-tan in a three-mile radius! Miggy and Zorro-kun, Me-tan, DragonflyBSD, ReactionGuy and whoever else we can throw in there!

With Miggy-chan there's a HUGE list of would-be fanbois and "fangois" -- unlike TOS-chan, she is still very much sought after.  ^^

Don't forget the old classics: Hacchan+[censored], Homeko+[censored], CE-tan+[censored], Sonata-sama+[censored], and so and so forth.  ^^;

Bella

Quote*squeals with delight*

Thank you so much for the first round of mods to this pic, Bella-san. ^.^
How do you want your worship? Regular, Spicy, or Extra Crispy? ^v^

Can I have sweet 'n sour worship, or is that just stupid?

QuoteDefinitely a priority, since she was a bit bug-eyed originally. Thank ye. ^__^

Or basically, just modernizing her eyes -- the black strokes especially are antiquated compared to the much finer drawing methods we employ today. ^.^

I wish I could post up the original Amiga-sama or C64-Amiga for similar modernization, but those two are hybrid pics (half done in Photoshop and Inkscape) so it's not possible to do an all-out source release unless I reverse-engineer the raster portions (in which case, it's probably easier if I revise my work myself). ^v^

I know the Amiga-sama pic was done in Manga Studio/PS, right? As for Miggy and C64, I always supposed that was mostly done in Inkscape...

QuoteFor the more adult look -- good. ^.^

For sexiness accentuation -- good. ^__^

Notwithstanding your RL opinions about bangs -- good. ^v^'

Thank you ^_^

QuoteHer Gala dress was definitely one of the most neglected aspects of her dress, especially since I could use the excuse that ME-tan covered well over half of it. Thank you very much -- I have full confidence in your superior fashion skills. ^__^

Aurora-hime, I also look forward to your work on ME-chan. ^^
I'm guessing you're both taking turns rather than working concurrently on each other's parts -- nonetheless, if I can finish the Amigoid picture today/tomorrow, I'd love to pitch in and issue an updated flower "bouquet". It's tucked away at the top where it disturbs no one's work -- and besides that, it's something that definitely needs updating, since I drew the original more as a concept than an actual finished product. ^___^

I was thinking about working on the bouquet, but I didn't know where to start...

QuoteThen there's the matter of the background, although at the moment I'm not sure what it'll be. My original idea was to create a stylized pink background with sparkles and flowing things (not unlike a dream sequence), but given this is an SVG it can be practically anything we want. ^^

I hadn't thought about the background...

QuoteAnd I can make #2 FreeVMS-chan, no? ^___^

I've yet to decide :(

QuoteWith Miggy-chan there's a HUGE list of would-be fanbois and "fangois" -- unlike TOS-chan, she is still very much sought after. ^^

Don't forget the old classics: Hacchan+[censored], Homeko+[censored], CE-tan+[censored], Sonata-sama+[censored], and so and so forth. ^^;

Would that be...Homeo, Homeo, Homeo, OS X-kun? XD

Aurora Borealis

ME-tan + Amiga-tan, revision 2:

The most notable differences are the addition of shading and the redone braids. I tried to make the braids more realistic but after more than an hour of trying and stuggling, I settled on something simpler

[attachment deleted by admin]

NejinOniwa

QuoteWould that be...Homeo, Homeo, Homeo, OS X-kun? XD
I hate you.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS