Bella's OS-tan Manga Thread

Started by Bella, April 17, 2008, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteI do. I made an Integer Life thread in General (IL is not OStan-based) in case anyone wants to comment..

Ah, I saw this....good job!

Anyhoo...

Page 21:

Notes: not much to say here, VMS-sama finally has her rings up and running, Unix-sama is....proceeding with caution.

Page 22:

Notes: Sacrilege! Blasphemy! Sacrilege! Apparently, Unix-sama does need to exercise some degree of control over her forcefield, otherwise it'll break. In her defense, though, the last person who fought her using a ring spell was Multics-sama, so it's understandable that she'd be a bit freaked out...

Page 23:

Notes: Look at that sprightly, opportunistic expression on VMS-sama's face! Meanwhile, Unix-sama is trying to get that forcefield back...don't ask what the "vrrrrrrr" noise is. I have no idea (but...I suppose it has to do with re-generating the forcefield).

Page 24:

Notes: That "booom" comes from the sudden change in air temperature caused by the forcefield being generated (think, how lightning causes the air to be heated resulting in a crack of thunder). In panel 2, that's supposed to be a shockwave, as evidenced by VMS-sama being knocked onto her butt in the next panel :P

Oh yeah, now Unix-sama is pissed O___O

In other news, I've been spending my rather dull afternoon working a bit on a picture with two antique OS-tans that I have yet to vector sketch. Can't say more than that, though. Okay fine it's ITS-san and CTSS-sama.

And I finished watching Kino's Journey. Oh...wow...that was a really strange but great show. Definitely one of my favorites! (I say that for about every show I watch...because I don't give much time to shows I dislike. Lawl.)

Kami-Tux

Wow! This penguin is amazed! The characters look really realistic!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Aurora Borealis

This is epic! Even though VMS-san's ring attack was not totally an ace in the hole like I thought it would be, it at least saved her from getting scorched by Unix's firey fury! (For now at least...)

C-Chan

Yo Bella-hime!  I'm back again, and ready for my periodic postings.  ^.^

QuoteAwesome, what a surprise! I'm LOVING her hair, and her eyes are great, too!

And I will post the sketches, maybe in my artwork thread.

Oh,... and that reminds me.  I have to do my 10% tonight,... haven't touched anything art-related at all this week, aside from graphics for a cool new installer I'm building from scratch.  ^___^

QuoteHey, look Dragonfly BSD-chan...AMIGA-SAMA'S OVER THERE!

*sonic boom shudders the canyon walls*

Whoops,... guess she flew on out of there.  ^.^;

Course,... I wonder how long it will take her to realize just where "there" is.  When in pursuit of Amiga-sama, she tends to not think things,... very,... clearly.... ^^;

QuoteI have to figure out what she'd look like in my comic; she'd be younger, of course, and maybe have longer, darker hair.

In other words,... she'd be the spitting image of UNIX-sama, but with cute floppy bunny years.  Dear GAWDS, you're trying to smother me with cute, aren't ya?!  `v'

QuoteWhat a long, strange, existential, postmodern art-house odyssey it has been so far. I'm still trying to figure out the deep symbolism of some of the episodes @.@

You mean shooting a bunny rabbit with a laserscope silencer is a metaphor for something?!  @__@

... j/k j/k.  ^^'

Now, I definitely did enjoy the very "Aesop fables" and "Little Prince"-like qualities of the series.  I definitely liked Kino's origin (in the land of Instant-Adults), although one of the OVAs go further in depth regarding how cute-little-girl Kino turns into stoic-Motorad-driving-Pursueader-wielding-traveler Kino.  `v'

QuoteYou just read my mind! I thought of a fun little story where VMS-sama has a rather rickety sailboat. She gives Linux-chan a ride on when she discovers the girl has run low on funds and cannot afford a ship ticket. Along the way, Linux-sama's affinity for spears will be explained

Fufu!  That would be a riot!  ^v^
Course,... the fact that VMS-sama would still be shaken and stirred about NT-chan,... outta make for some very interesting quips.... ^.^

Oh, and of course,... Linux-sama's ability to work wonders even in crappy environments is legendary.

QuoteI don't know who else may be on the boat, though...maybe just one or two other CIOST members.

VxWorks-tan would've made a great first-time friend to VMS-sama (notwithstanding their similar names), and certainly would've been adventurous-enough to ride on such a death-trap.  

She was born in 1985, so would've been relatively seasoned-enough by then to offer council to VMS-sama, as well as tacit guidance to the young traveler Linux-sama.  ^^

QuoteDrats, you've spoiled it! But Linux-sama, of course, doesn't know this at the time and thinks she's incurred the wrath of Unix-sama O___O

All the more reason to comfront the UNIX strike force with ZOUNDS upon ZOUNDS of Linux distros (or at least as many as you can scrounge around in 1997...)!  ^.^

QuoteI think a VectorLinux-tan would be best made in Inkscape. Eh? Get it?

Actually no, eh....
But I'll nod politely, eh.  ^___^;

QuoteAh, it was a diferent time! Unix-sama was not even a decade old at this point

Tell that to VMS-sama, who's practically a little pup in that comic.  ^.^

I imagine that if it were modern-day VMS-sama in her place, even UNIX-sama would not stand a chance.  Not trying to be blasphemous,.. just adhering to some very simple and very troubling statistics... ¬.¬'

BTW, if I get crushed by a pair of flying boots again, do take over my life's work for me.  ^__^'

Quote*Mmmmm...gothic Unix-samas....*

*Thinks about Unix-sama and C-One-tan in Unix-sama emulation mode dressed in emo outfits...*

Oh man, now I know what Slackware-chan's daydreaming about when she gets that far-off look in her eyes...

Oh noes!  Does this mean that Slackware-tan is actually a "geezer"?! @____@'
[sorry,... vague reference to Zettai Karen Children]

This can't end well,.. now wonder she gets beat on a lot.  ^^;

*very slowly and casually inches a few feet away from her*

QuoteIndeed. But Linus considered it the best idea in the development of Linux to GPL it.

Having read the GNU General Public License (version 3) thoroughly myself, I do agree it is a very beneficial document.  Especially for someone like me who abandons projects left and right, it enables someone else to assist me in building/testing it in exchange for free and fair use of my creation.  The same was the case with the old EeePCLOS Zenity installer we chipped in to build, and hopefully it'll be the case for my new Xdialog one.  ^^

I'm not really concerned with the "losing money" part, since I make money from the products that are built, assembled and distributed efficently and cost-effectively thanks to F/OSS software.  `v'

QuotePage 21:

Notes: not much to say here, VMS-sama finally has her rings up and running, Unix-sama is....proceeding with caution.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!  Another COMIC BARRAGE by BELLA-HIME!!!!  Where does she get this untapped source of precious Win?  ^v^

The panels here are mostly movement, so can't really comment much aside from VMS-sama's cute expressions (especially that WTF-look in Panel 2), and the fact that UNIX-sama almost looks like she's tip-toeing there.  ^.^

QuotePage 22:
Notes: Sacrilege! Blasphemy! Sacrilege! Apparently, Unix-sama does need to exercise some degree of control over her forcefield, otherwise it'll break. In her defense, though, the last person who fought her using a ring spell was Multics-sama, so it's understandable that she'd be a bit freaked out...

GAAAAAH!!! A shocked UNIX-sama!  Enough that you can clearly see the Bell Labs logos in her eyes!  @v@

Plus a very awesome flashback appearance of a peak-power Multics-sama.  ^___^

And some [dare I say it] "moe" shots of the goddess struggling to keep her forcefield.  ^^

Suddenly I feel the urge to call up C-One-chan, and mail order some goth girl dresses.  ^3^

QuotePage 23:

Notes: Look at that sprightly, opportunistic expression on VMS-sama's face! Meanwhile, Unix-sama is trying to get that forcefield back...don't ask what the "vrrrrrrr" noise is. I have no idea (but...I suppose it has to do with re-generating the forcefield).

And a very lovely way you drew said sprightly, opportunistic expression as well.  ^^
I take it though this was a tactical mistake on her part, as she forfeited her near-impenetrable defensive stance all for the sake of a quick bit of offense.  Very dangerous considering UNIX-sama is a master of defense herself.  ^^

Still,... can't blame the poor girl,....
I mean imagine the fame she would've gotten had she inadvertently vanquished UNIX-sama?  If not for the fact the heights are reversed, it'd have been a modern day David & Goliath.  ^^;

Oh, and what's that "vrrrrr" sound?  ^.^

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!  ^V^

QuotePage 24:

Notes: That "booom" comes from the sudden change in air temperature caused by the forcefield being generated (think, how lightning causes the air to be heated resulting in a crack of thunder). In panel 2, that's supposed to be a shockwave, as evidenced by VMS-sama being knocked onto her butt in the next panel :P

Yep,... just as I thought.  ^__~

But we have to give credit where credit was due,.. unlike RSTS-san, she actually DID have a fighting chance.  She just ended up being too young is all,... ¯v¯

With the goddes in control, things should be back to normal though....  ^___^

QuoteOh yeah, now Unix-sama is pissed O___O

...or not.  ^_________^;

QuoteIn other news, I've been spending my rather dull afternoon working a bit on a picture with two antique OS-tans that I have yet to vector sketch. Can't say more than that, though. Okay fine it's ITS-san and CTSS-sama.

Kewlness!  ^V^
And with Kino's Journey all but watched, you might have more ideas regarding ITS-san.  ^__^

BTW, what's the new animal you have queued up for CTSS-sama?  ^.^

QuoteAnd I finished watching Kino's Journey. Oh...wow...that was a really strange but great show. Definitely one of my favorites! (I say that for about every show I watch...because I don't give much time to shows I dislike. Lawl.)

Great job!  ^V^
Now that you're done,.. tell me just how much our crazy-kooky OS-tan world resembles Kino's arthouse of a world, where you can travel to a medieval town one day, and an ultra high-tech city the next.  ^.^

NejinOniwa

QuoteYo Bella-hime! I'm back again, and ready for my periodic postings. ^.^
If C-Chan was periodic...that'd be one fscked up sine curve... õ_Õ
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

QuoteWow! This penguin is amazed! The characters look really realistic!

QuoteThis is epic! Even though VMS-san's ring attack was not totally an ace in the hole like I thought it would be, it at least saved her from getting scorched by Unix's firey fury! (For now at least...)

Thanks! I'm happy all y'all are liking this comic!

QuoteOh,... and that reminds me. I have to do my 10% tonight,... haven't touched anything art-related at all this week, aside from graphics for a cool new installer I'm building from scratch. ^___^

Ooooh...

Quote*sonic boom shudders the canyon walls*

Whoops,... guess she flew on out of there. ^.^;

Course,... I wonder how long it will take her to realize just where "there" is. When in pursuit of Amiga-sama, she tends to not think things,... very,... clearly.... ^^;

Ah, the insanity of a raving fangirl...

QuoteIn other words,... she'd be the spitting image of UNIX-sama, but with cute floppy bunny years. Dear GAWDS, you're trying to smother me with cute, aren't ya?! `v'

Not quite. She'll also be much more disheveled and a great deal more...manic (over just being more or less kicked out of her family and having all her faith in them shattered and stuff. Not a good time for her).

QuoteYou mean shooting a bunny rabbit with a laserscope silencer is a metaphor for something?! @__@

Oh yeah. I remember you warned me about that. Luckily, Lost has desensitized me to bunny related violence. XD

Quote... j/k j/k. ^^'

Now, I definitely did enjoy the very "Aesop fables" and "Little Prince"-like qualities of the series. I definitely liked Kino's origin (in the land of Instant-Adults), although one of the OVAs go further in depth regarding how cute-little-girl Kino turns into stoic-Motorad-driving-Pursueader-wielding-traveler Kino. `v'

Yeah...that fourth episode was pretty interesting, but also very strange. My favorites, however...were probably the "Land of Wizards" and "Land of Books" (ep. 8 and 9)

I also recalled you compared this series to Haibane Renmei as far as both being quite deep and psychological...

-Kino's Journey had a young woman addicted to traveling, girls with guns and ammo, a talking motorrad, and surrealistic places and people.

-Haibane Renmei had a young woman addicted to chain smoking, girls with wings and halos, a well-used motorped, and a walled-up city and townspeople.

Haha...:P

QuoteFufu! That would be a riot! ^v^
Course,... the fact that VMS-sama would still be shaken and stirred about NT-chan,... outta make for some very interesting quips.... ^.^

Speaking of that...instead of having a storyline about Linux-sama's early days, and one showing her time with the Unixes...I might just Linux-sama's early storyline, and then show "flashbacks" from characters she encounters...and how they ended up on the path that led them to her (kinda hard to explain clearly).

This way, I'll be able to explore the backstories of several OS-tans; like VMS-sama learning of her "clone", NT-san, Plan 9-san rebelling from her family and leaving, and some of ITS-san's adventures as an "over the hill" OS-tan in a modern age. I tend to tire a bit from spending too much time with one character...so this could make it a little more interesting.

I just hope I can...muster...enough...sap!

QuoteVxWorks-tan would've made a great first-time friend to VMS-sama (notwithstanding their similar names), and certainly would've been adventurous-enough to ride on such a death-trap.

She was born in 1985, so would've been relatively seasoned-enough by then to offer council to VMS-sama, as well as tacit guidance to the young traveler Linux-sama. ^^

Ah, good idea! That would be a hoot, for both VMS-sama and VxWorks-tan would have their dreams of someday having a better craft to travel in...a submarine for one, a spaceship for the other ^_^

QuoteAll the more reason to comfront the UNIX strike force with ZOUNDS upon ZOUNDS of Linux distros (or at least as many as you can scrounge around in 1997...)! ^.^

Perhaps...wait and see...;)

QuoteActually no, eh....
But I'll nod politely, eh. ^___^;

Eh? VectorLinux-tan being made in a Vector graphics program...?

While we're talking about Canadian stereotypes...I just have to share this golden little quote from a friend of mine

Me: Well, old systems can still be of use; the Canadian Department of Defense ran Multics until 2000.
Friend: Yeah, but this is Canada we're talking about. Their park rangers still ride horses!

QuoteTell that to VMS-sama, who's practically a little pup in that comic. ^.^

I imagine that if it were modern-day VMS-sama in her place, even UNIX-sama would not stand a chance. Not trying to be blasphemous,.. just adhering to some very simple and very troubling statistics... ¬.¬'

BTW, if I get crushed by a pair of flying boots again, do take over my life's work for me. ^__^'

NO WAI! U LAI!

There is...no emoticon for what I am feeling! T__T

QuoteOh noes! Does this mean that Slackware-tan is actually a "geezer"?! @____@'
[sorry,... vague reference to Zettai Karen Children]

This can't end well,.. now wonder she gets beat on a lot. ^^;

*very slowly and casually inches a few feet away from her*

No worries, I deserve all the obscure references people can pile on XD

QuoteWOOHOO!!!!!!! Another COMIC BARRAGE by BELLA-HIME!!!! Where does she get this untapped source of precious Win? ^v^

I have...no idea...I guess I get, like, ten pages roughly sketched out, then I finish them a few at a time. I is great at multitasking.

QuoteThe panels here are mostly movement, so can't really comment much aside from VMS-sama's cute expressions (especially that WTF-look in Panel 2), and the fact that UNIX-sama almost looks like she's tip-toeing there. ^.^
Oh trust me, we will see much more WTF expressions on VMS-sama before the day is out. In this order, this story is going to go

violent>strange>stranger>awkwaaaard>funny

Or something like that

QuoteGAAAAAH!!! A shocked UNIX-sama! Enough that you can clearly see the Bell Labs logos in her eyes! @v@

Aww, you haven't notice before...I drew them in all the close up shots.

QuotePlus a very awesome flashback appearance of a peak-power Multics-sama. ^___^

And some [dare I say it] "moe" shots of the goddess struggling to keep her forcefield. ^^

Suddenly I feel the urge to call up C-One-chan, and mail order some goth girl dresses. ^3^

...You are going to have a team of Unixen come and capture you and serve you in BLTs at this rate....

QuoteAnd a very lovely way you drew said sprightly, opportunistic expression as well. ^^
I take it though this was a tactical mistake on her part, as she forfeited her near-impenetrable defensive stance all for the sake of a quick bit of offense. Very dangerous considering UNIX-sama is a master of defense herself. ^^

Still,... can't blame the poor girl,....
I mean imagine the fame she would've gotten had she inadvertently vanquished UNIX-sama? If not for the fact the heights are reversed, it'd have been a modern day David & Goliath. ^^;

As the all-knowing Jargon File says, VMS would have been the favored system for hackers if Unix hadn't existed or gained popularity :P

QuoteKewlness! ^V^
And with Kino's Journey all but watched, you might have more ideas regarding ITS-san. ^__^

Oh yeah, ITS-san was kinda reverse based on Kino :P

QuoteBTW, what's the new animal you have queued up for CTSS-sama? ^.^

A raven, I think...they're kinda symbolize wise healers, teachers and guardians (her role to Multics-sama), as well as being associated with magic. Also, her hair and eye color will be quite dark, too (dark red).

QuoteGreat job! ^V^
Now that you're done,.. tell me just how much our crazy-kooky OS-tan world resembles Kino's arthouse of a world, where you can travel to a medieval town one day, and an ultra high-tech city the next. ^.^

Yeah...I supposed the show was set in the early 20th century, until she started meeting talking robots and such. You gotta love that kind of anachronism :D

QuoteIf C-Chan was periodic...that'd be one fscked up sine curve... õ_Õ

XD

Bella

*pops in*

Oh, oh, I just had a thought for my next comic. What if...perhaps...at some point, Linux-sama ran into an early version of the A$C? It could be a bit fun, having OS/2-tan and a few others trying to get her to join them on their rather ill fated crusade against M$.

*Bella out*

Aurora Borealis

That does sound like a very fun idea! ;010

C-Chan

Before I depart, just wanted to agree that it sounds like a pretty neat idea too.  ^^

However, given OS/2-sama was still knee-deep in the war, I would actually recommend that RISC OS-tan be the first person to meet Linux-sama, given how closely the two systems have followed each other historically.  ^.^

I'll be back... ^___^

*scurries off*

Bella

QuoteHowever, given OS/2-sama was still knee-deep in the war, I would actually recommend that RISC OS-tan be the first person to meet Linux-sama,

Ah, RISC OS-tan would work well. I've always wanted to draw her, anyhow; but all I really know about her is, she's British, physically indestructible, and a good marksman :P

I also wondered what OS/2-san was up to at this point. She was out of the MS family, I think...was she with IBM?

Quotegiven how closely the two systems have followed each other historically. ^.^

You mean RISC-san and Linux-sama? The only connection between RISC and Linux I know of is the ROX window manager...ROX was designed to look like the RISC OS GUI, and actually means RISC on X (window manager).

Now I gotta do a Puppy-chan cosplaying as RISC-san pic XD

Page 24

Notes: In panel 2, VMS-sama's comment about the water being hot comes from Unix-sama having heated it up with the forcefield.

Page 25

Notes: Just to explain what's going on, Unix-sama has created a forcefield directly in front of VMS-sama; in panel 3, it looks as if VMS-sama has run into a wall, which is what has happened...don't ask what happened to that water she was holding, she must have let go of it when she struck the wall.

Oh yeah, and apparently Unix-sama has catlike agility. Who knew?

Bella

ZOMFGFTWWOOOOOT!!!!

I is still like...recovering from the season finale of Lost...there was liek, a gunfight...and an HUGE asplosion...and, and time traveling and inter-dimensional travel and vile vortices, Casmir Effects and espers and teleporting and...and...and...I now think that the island may be a reference Atlantis or Lemuria or something.

The bad thing is, I keep getting the urge to make a mini Lost/OS-tan parody crossover comic x__x

The worse thing is, I keep drawing parallels between the story of Ben and Locke (and Mr. Widmore) and that of Unix-sama and Linux-sama (and Multics-sama) X___X

Basically comes down to Mr. Widmore saying Ben stole the island (and its subsequent powers) from him. Ben is one of the few people who can manipulate the island's powers, until Locke ends up on the island. Ben is at first intrigued by Locke, then intimidated by his ability to "communicate" with the island, so he tries to kill him. But after a miraculous recovery on Locke's part, Ben now considers him an equal, even willing to share with him the mysteries of the island. He actually appoints Locke to his place as the leader of the Others, being forced to leave the island in a certain process (sorry, I'm trying to make it not too spoilerish).

Not to mention Ben and Locke share similar backstories, but are still quite opposite in every other respect. And while both faced many hardships and got to their places though a fair amount of luck; the former used a lot more manipulation, violence, and cold calculation (not letting anyone or anything get in his way), whereas Locke has always taken a more humble approach.

If you don't follow, don't worry; for we Losties are about as bad as Trekkies....if not worse. They have their spaceships, we have our uber-electromagnetism.

*silence*

*ticks*

Ahem...oh yes, here, have page 26:

Notes: I was being quite lazy; this page may not be the best, but I needed it mostly to bridge an accidental gap between pages 25 and 27. And also to explain how Unix-sama tackled VMS-sama.

C-Chan

Okay, last stop for the evening.  ^^

QuoteYeah...that fourth episode was pretty interesting, but also very strange. My favorites, however...were probably the "Land of Wizards" and "Land of Books" (ep. 8 and 9)

Fufufu... ^.^
Well aside from "Land of Adults", I do agree "Land of Wizards" was my favorite, although I also had a thing for "Tale of Mechanical Dolls".  ^___^

However, if you can get the movie "In Order to Do Something â€"Life Goes Onâ€"", I think you'll love it. Won't say why. ^__^

QuoteI might just Linux-sama's early storyline, and then show "flashbacks" from characters she encounters...and how they ended up on the path that led them to her (kinda hard to explain clearly).

This way, I'll be able to explore the backstories of several OS-tans

I'm all for that too.  ^__~

QuoteAh, good idea! That would be a hoot, for both VMS-sama and VxWorks-tan would have their dreams of someday having a better craft to travel in...a submarine for one, a spaceship for the other

Well who says the submarine can't travel into space too?  I don't think it's beneath VMS-sama to have watched Nadia: Secret of Blue Water at one point in her life... fufu.... ^__^'

QuoteEh? VectorLinux-tan being made in a Vector graphics program...?

Aa sou sou.  ^^
Excuse me while I rectify the problem.  ^___^

*hits head with hammer*
*drools*

fi-x-ed....  XvX;

QuoteMe: Well, old systems can still be of use; the Canadian Department of Defense ran Multics until 2000.
Friend: Yeah, but this is Canada we're talking about. Their park rangers still ride horses!

Well with today's oil prices, who's laughing now?  ^v^

QuoteAww, you haven't notice before...I drew them in all the close up shots.

Oh no, I did notice that.  It's just that, she was usually always squinting or doing something else that obscure that fact.  Now it's as clear as day!  ^.^

QuoteAh, RISC OS-tan would work well. I've always wanted to draw her, anyhow; but all I really know about her is, she's British, physically indestructible, and a good marksman :P

Oooh, that's all you need.  ^___^

Just kidding... ^v^'

For an A$C member, she's amazingly level-headed and sweet.  If not for the fact that she's physically indestructible and a good marksman, she could easily pass for a "girl next door" type.  

However, she IS an Acorn type, and follows a long tradition of fastidious professionalism.  Unlike her older sisters, she takes it a step further with an unhealthy obsession with appearance.  Her room MUST be in good order and dust-free, or else she'll clean it all up again, for the 10th time if need be.  Her handwriting MUST be perfect,... she's been known to toss or burn whole manuscripts if so much as an unremovable ink splotch finds its way in some remote whitespace.

And above all, her hair and clothing must be trim and proper.  While she can't be killed, a cunning opponent can't easily incapacitate her by damaging her clothing.  She will literally curl up in a ball feeling worse than dirt if so much as a heel of a shoe is broken.

QuoteI also wondered what OS/2-san was up to at this point. She was out of the MS family, I think...was she with IBM?

Oh yeah, she was in the employ of IBM until 2006.  However, she didn't physically move out until about 2000.  ^^

QuoteYou mean RISC-san and Linux-sama? The only connection between RISC and Linux I know of is the ROX window manager...ROX was designed to look like the RISC OS GUI, and actually means RISC on X (window manager).

Now I gotta do a Puppy-chan cosplaying as RISC-san pic XD

Took the words right outta my mouth.  ^.^

Given how many crafty desktop skins have been designed for Puppy-chan (including half a dozen Mac ones), I wouldn't be surprised if cosplaying is one of P-chan's specialties.  ^___^

She already did Ryoga, after all.... ^__~

Also, I hadn't realized it,... but P-chan is technically an Aussie. ^v^

QuotePage 24

Notes: In panel 2, VMS-sama's comment about the water being hot comes from Unix-sama having heated it up with the forcefield.

Okay,... the Goddess counterattacks. ^.^

I think I see what you mean by her being pissed.  ^^'

Do feel kinda sorry for the young-pup VMS-sama,... trying desperately to set up another barrier,... but,... well,... we can all see from a mile away that it ain't gonna work.  ^^;

QuotePage 25

Notes: Just to explain what's going on, Unix-sama has created a forcefield directly in front of VMS-sama; in panel 3, it looks as if VMS-sama has run into a wall, which is what has happened...don't ask what happened to that water she was holding, she must have let go of it when she struck the wall.

Oh yeah, and apparently Unix-sama has catlike agility. Who knew?

Also pity her more seeing that uber shocked expression on Panel 1.  ;~;

Her catlike agility is of course perfectly normal.  ^^
After all, who would expect a sorceress (especially a daughter of a powerful, yet physically-frail sorceress) to be quite so,... physical?  It's bound to catch more than a number of people off guard.  ^___^

I do admit that VMS-sama does look a bit strange in panel 3 (mainly the arms and hands), but as this is an action shot, it doesn't matter much (or rather the motion blur masks that a bit.  Not to mention that UNIX-sama's ounce clearly takes center stage there. ^^

QuoteI is still like...recovering from the season finale of Lost...there was liek, a gunfight...and an HUGE asplosion...and, and time traveling and inter-dimensional travel and vile vortices, Casmir Effects and espers and teleporting

Soooooooooooooooooooo,.... like......... you visited the Mac House or something?  @@'

QuoteThe bad thing is, I keep getting the urge to make a mini Lost/OS-tan parody crossover comic x__x

Yep,.. filmed live in the Mac House, to save on prop and special effects money. ^^'

QuoteIf you don't follow, don't worry; for we Losties are about as bad as Trekkies....if not worse. They have their spaceships, we have our uber-electromagnetism.

*silence*

*ticks*

*C-chan stares*  O____O

QuoteAhem...oh yes, here, have page 26:

Saccharin SWEET!!!!!  ^^

QuoteNotes: I was being quite lazy; this page may not be the best, but I needed it mostly to bridge an accidental gap between pages 25 and 27. And also to explain how Unix-sama tackled VMS-sama.

Hmmm,.... that Panel 1 is interesting.  I'm wondering if UNIX-sama did one of the following to VMS-sama:

1)  Burned her up.
2)  Pressed her down with a forcefield.
3)  Teleported her to a different location (or isolated dream world).
4)  ???  ^^;

All three have possibilites, given the "thud" and sorry state that poor VMS-sama is in in Panel 3.  ^o^

All in all, you've done fantastic work with this, Bella-hime!  By all means, please continue.  I beg you to always.  ^__^

Bella

QuoteFufufu... ^.^
Well aside from "Land of Adults", I do agree "Land of Wizards" was my favorite, although I also had a thing for "Tale of Mechanical Dolls". ^___^

However, if you can get the movie "In Order to Do Something â€"Life Goes Onâ€"", I think you'll love it. Won't say why. ^__^

Oh yeah, that mechanical doll episode was pretty interesting (though, with that family...I kinda saw where that was going...) :P

I'll have to watch that movie when I get the chance...

QuoteWell who says the submarine can't travel into space too? I don't think it's beneath VMS-sama to have watched Nadia: Secret of Blue Water at one point in her life... fufu.... ^__^'

Whoa, even better an idea! Reminds me of those stories of "USOs", unidentified submerged objects (IE, alien spacecraft that can go underwater and also fly) ;)

QuoteWell with today's oil prices, who's laughing now? ^v^

Yeah, but do you know how much hay and shoes and tack (saddle equipment) cost? I do...hehee...

QuoteFor an A$C member, she's amazingly level-headed and sweet. If not for the fact that she's physically indestructible and a good marksman, she could easily pass for a "girl next door" type.

Hey, just like the Indestructible Cheerleader! Why are the indestructible ones always the girls-next-door?

(I'm giving the next person who hears me make a pop-culture reference authority to chuck their instrument of choice at my noggin)

QuoteHowever, she IS an Acorn type, and follows a long tradition of fastidious professionalism. Unlike her older sisters, she takes it a step further with an unhealthy obsession with appearance. Her room MUST be in good order and dust-free, or else she'll clean it all up again, for the 10th time if need be. Her handwriting MUST be perfect,... she's been known to toss or burn whole manuscripts if so much as an unremovable ink splotch finds its way in some remote whitespace.

And above all, her hair and clothing must be trim and proper. While she can't be killed, a cunning opponent can't easily incapacitate her by damaging her clothing. She will literally curl up in a ball feeling worse than dirt if so much as a heel of a shoe is broken.

Hmm, now I remember hearing something about this. The girl has OCD Mach three! But on the good side, one would not have to use violence to subdue RISC OS-tan...only throwing some paint on her outfit O__O

QuoteOh yeah, she was in the employ of IBM until 2006. However, she didn't physically move out until about 2000. ^^

...and now she's in a self-made bunker compound, plotting the destruction of M$ along with her cohorts or something. No?

QuoteTook the words right outta my mouth. ^.^

Given how many crafty desktop skins have been designed for Puppy-chan (including half a dozen Mac ones), I wouldn't be surprised if cosplaying is one of P-chan's specialties. ^___^

She already did Ryoga, after all.... ^__~

Also, I hadn't realized it,... but P-chan is technically an Aussie. ^v^

I realized both, from the minute I drew Pup-chan. I even remember mentioning I thought she'd be an XP-tan cosplayer, and I always envisioned her with an Australian accent. G'day mate!

QuoteHer catlike agility is of course perfectly normal. ^^
After all, who would expect a sorceress (especially a daughter of a powerful, yet physically-frail sorceress) to be quite so,... physical? It's bound to catch more than a number of people off guard. ^___^

Shall I quote Ken Thompson on this one? "When in doubt, use brute force".

QuoteI do admit that VMS-sama does look a bit strange in panel 3 (mainly the arms and hands), but as this is an action shot, it doesn't matter much (or rather the motion blur masks that a bit. Not to mention that UNIX-sama's ounce clearly takes center stage there. ^^

Yeah, I wanted to convey action in this panel more than anatomical properness.

QuoteSoooooooooooooooooooo,.... like......... you visited the Mac House or something? @@'

Perhaps I did...perhaps the Macs live in Atlantis as well. :P

Quote*C-chan stares* O____O

Sorry, sorry, I can't help it. Lemme tell you something...we Lost fans are like the pseudo-scientific and philosophical elite, as cult TV series fans go.

QuoteHmmm,.... that Panel 1 is interesting. I'm wondering if UNIX-sama did one of the following to VMS-sama:

1) Burned her up.
2) Pressed her down with a forcefield.
3) Teleported her to a different location (or isolated dream world).
4) ??? ^^;

All three have possibilites, given the "thud" and sorry state that poor VMS-sama is in in Panel 3. ^o^

I do believe it is number 2), but 3) is also an interesting idea! I knew not that Unix-sama hath dominion over space and time! Yet how could I have not considered this; for she is the Goddess :P

Though, I honestly don't know if Unix-sama is powerful enough at this point to teleport people into different places and/or psychological planes. At any rate, I must include this someday in a comic or something  ;010

C-Chan

*sniffs around very pig-like for new comics*

Nothing in yet?  Okay.  ^.^

*shuffles out*

QuoteHey, just like the Indestructible Cheerleader! Why are the indestructible ones always the girls-next-door?

(I'm giving the next person who hears me make a pop-culture reference authority to chuck their instrument of choice at my noggin)

Hmmm.....  ^.^
*picks up wad of unmarked New C-chan Points*

Just bend down a little for me.  Don't have a strong arm, so might not be able to chuck anything past your shins.....  ^^'

QuoteHmm, now I remember hearing something about this. The girl has OCD Mach three! But on the good side, one would not have to use violence to subdue RISC OS-tan...only throwing some paint on her outfit O__O

You got it!  ^__~
BBC Micro and AcornMOS-tan have similar quirks, although not nearly as inhibiting.  ^^;

Quote...and now she's in a self-made bunker compound, plotting the destruction of M$ along with her cohorts or something. No?

That would be true,... IF OS/2-tan could afford a bunker.  Instead, she can barely manage with rented office space,... and a cheap one at that.  ^^'

Nothing like plotting the downfall of the Windows Empire from within a musty cubicle.  ^^;

QuoteI realized both, from the minute I drew Pup-chan. I even remember mentioning I thought she'd be an XP-tan cosplayer, and I always envisioned her with an Australian accent. G'day mate!

And with that, the C-chan is officially Dumb as Rocks.  ^^;
So I better depart now for the evening before it turns out to be contagious....  -v-;

Bella

Wha....! You had nothing to say of witty Ken Thompson quotes, USO CIOST HQs, Mac'lantis or the many powers of the Goddess? Ack, nevermind, have a new page.

Page 27:

(FYI, I will reply...but not now X__X)