MorphOS-TAN 2.0 candidates... (HELP)

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, May 21, 2008, 01:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

I got mad beacuse I changed almost 15 different style designs for MOS 2.0.

I made hundreds of sketches but I am not satisfied...

I asked some advices from C-Chan but he was not able to help me.

I realized this girl but C-Chan said that is too much similar to MOS 1.4.5...

She is 2.0 pre-concept

And she is MOS 1.4.5:

So he tought that both MOS 1.4.5 and MOS 2.0 preconcept could be merged into one single TAN...

I do not agreed... MOS 2.0 it is full of new features and many parts are being completely rewritten, an update TAN is sure required...

Here is the list of new features:

http://www.morphzone.org/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=9&topic_id=5337&sortname=&sortorder=&sortdays=&viewmode=flat&order=0&start=200

This morning I realized one sketch that I like very much, here she is:

She has only one single ponytail... while the two other girls have bunches in their hair.

Ribbon bows ar important in all three designs beacuse the form of the ribbons resembles a butterfly (MorphOS Butterfly) that is the original logo of MOS.

Now please leave comments if you like more MOS 2.0 Preconcept of MOS 2.0 Vanessa...

Leave also comments if you think MOS 2.0 deserves some changes of improvements or modifications.

Please help...

Release date for MOS 2.0 is nigh and I want to show a final version just in time for the release...  ;010

Thank you for your help in anticipation...  ;hi  ;012
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

VonDaab

Yes yes, it looks very good.

Although... the first 2 look a bit plain.
The 3rd sketch is starting to shift towards some personality, I like it.
Even though it kinda reminds me of 95-san in her "battlesuit".
I dont really know about this whole "battlesuit" thingie. Might work as a alternative clothing/design but as permanent... dunno. Again, 95-san...

I'm not that familiar with MOS so I cant really say if 1.4.5 and 2.0 should be different designs. Gotta think about the fact that there are several Windows NT's but still only 2 main designs, NT-san and INU-t

Btw, some colors, or color descriptions would be a nice thing...

I hope this helps in some way.

Bella

Oooh, good job!

Your newer MorphOS-tan certainly looks much more mature...perhaps this one should be her at an older age, while the first two are a younger version MorphOS-tan? This would be a good way to ensure all three designs are "correct".

As for the version, I agree that they should be kept one MorphOS-tan (like VonDaab pointed out, all the versions of Windows NT have been condensed into two OS-tans). And as I just stated, maybe MOS 1.4.5 would be MorphOS-tan as a young teenager, while MOS 2.0 would be MorphOS-tan as an adult.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "Bella"Oooh, good job!

Your newer MorphOS-tan certainly looks much more mature...perhaps this one should be her at an older age, while the first two are a younger version MorphOS-tan? This would be a good way to ensure all three designs are "correct".

As for the version, I agree that they should be kept one MorphOS-tan (like VonDaab pointed out, all the versions of Windows NT have been condensed into two OS-tans). And as I just stated, maybe MOS 1.4.5 would be MorphOS-tan as a young teenager, while MOS 2.0 would be MorphOS-tan as an adult.

Oh no, Bella, please...

I was very precise in the past about MOS-Chan...

As I said in one of my first posts here are her age and measures:

Height: 1.70 mt.
Weight 48 Kg.
Measures: 72-56-78 in cm.

Height: 5.5 ft.
Weight 105,48 Lbs.
Measures: 28-22-30 in inches.

These obviously apply to MorphOS-TAN 1.4.5

The first MorphOS-TAN 2.0 preconcept was a 13 years old girl... But now that I drawn Vanessa I wonder that she has 15 or 16 years...

She looks more mature because as all step-sisters of Amiga-Sama she is very tall, and because girls nowadays look more mature even if they are quite younger...   ;003

(And perhaps this fact that girls nowadays look more mature than their real age could cause real embarassment if you try to date a 19/20 years old girl, discovering she is only 15...)  o_o  ;012

Added after 25 minutes:

Quote from: "VonDaab"
I dont really know about this whole "battlesuit" thingie. Might work as a alternative clothing/design but as permanent... dunno.

I always considered battlesuits as alternative clothing/design...

MOS 1.4.5 wears any morning her seifuku (japanese school uniform) when at school, at home and in the spare time she wears normal dresses, and when she is active as OS-TAN (sorta like Super-Hero) then she wears her battlesuit...  ;010

I applied same concepts to MOS-CHAN 2.0...  ;001  :smoke:
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
[/color]
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "VonDaab"

Btw, some colors, or color descriptions would be a nice thing...

I just realized some minimal color schemes, just as an experiment and I uploaded it here on OS-TANS site.

You can see full size images in the gallery:

Here is the first image of Vanessa in Colors:

And here is Vanessa inserted in a 3D scene at Dawn (just a little joking with 3D terrain programs and cut & paste)

(Please do not blame me for Vanessa does not match lights and shadows in the scene... It is just a little joke pasting images)

[EDIT]

BTW... I also did not made precise contours cutting...

[/EDIT}
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

Bella

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "Bella"Nice, I like the color scheme!

Thanks for your apprecciation!  ;010  ;hi

I made an alternate color scheme:

[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

Bella

That's kinda interesting, too...her suit reminds me a bit of Juzo-kun's Gentoo-tan ^_^

Aurora Borealis

Very nice new sketches!

Since MOS 2.0 is very different from 1.4.5, I think you can make them seperate characters although it would be more challenging, requiring their personalities and appearance to differ from each other enough.

Between the two color versions of MOS 2.0-tan, I personally prefer the first one.

C-Chan

Ah good, you finally posted these.  ;)

As I told you in my last PM, Linux work has made me unreliable for just about any artwork, so it's now back to her dad [you] to colorize the MOS-chan's.  Probably better this way, since you already have all the details prepped (down to the shoes they wear) and are in a better position to implement them in your drawings.

If it's any comfort, though, I also had to drop a whole LOT of other commissions work too.  In the end, doing so much stuff on my own burned me out completely.   -.-

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "Bella"That's kinda interesting, too...her suit reminds me a bit of Juzo-kun's Gentoo-tan ^_^

Really?

Where I can find the screenshot showing that precise Gentoo-TAN you are referring to?

I want to see that color scheme.

I am curious as I was just joking with fill gradients in order to realize a metallic suit that reflects the blue of the sky and the white of the clouds...

@ ALL:

I consider blue (hair) + green (ribbon) + yellow (battlesuit) a bit too gorgeous and hitting the eye...

Don't you think so?

Added after 16 minutes:

Quote from: "C-Chan"Ah good, you finally posted these.  ;)

As I told you in my last PM, Linux work has made me unreliable for just about any artwork, so it's now back to her dad [you] to colorize the MOS-chan's.  Probably better this way, since you already have all the details prepped (down to the shoes they wear) and are in a better position to implement them in your drawings.

I am still waiting any preconcept image you made with inkscape starting from my MOS 1.4.5 elder screenshot.

I am very curious to see it even if it is incomplete... just to make some comparisons and to have new ideas judging your interpretation of MOS-Chan...

Be aware of the fact that seems official now that MorphOS 2.0 will be released next june. So I must show to all Amiga community the two MOS-TANs complete and usable for any purpose...

I am too slooowww... GHA!  ;026  ;014

If it's any comfort, though, I also had to drop a whole LOT of other commissions work too.  In the end, doing so much stuff on my own burned me out completely.   -.-

No, it is no confort at all...

It is sad we ost you almost completely as a reference point in this community.

You were always present and reliable for help, comments, and for realizing your personal sketches and complete drawings that were (and are still) always good...

Now we meet you only sometimes, somewhere in this forum... You are acting almost quite as a ghost...  ;014

But, then it is important that you spend your time for your job and raising money.

Money is important for anyday living...  ;011-(Caramba! Es la verdad!)

Any hobby cames second to any job...

P.S.

Perhaps, if you have any little spare time, can I send you some mail in order to realize an interview for the Amiga newspaper Bitplane, so you could tell us Amigans how you realized Amiga-Sama and how it was born your interest for Amiga?

http://www.bitplane.it/

It will be for the next issue of the magazine...

I hope you will apprecciate this interview. Amigan italian readers want to know more about the OS-TANs phenomenon and about Amiga-Sama.
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

Bella

OMG C-Chan, you could become a celebrity among Italian Amigans! :D

C-Chan

QuoteI am still waiting any preconcept image you made with inkscape starting from my MOS 1.4.5 elder screenshot.

I am very curious to see it even if it is incomplete... just to make some comparisons and to have new ideas judging your interpretation of MOS-Chan...

Be aware of the fact that seems official now that MorphOS 2.0 will be released next june. So I must show to all Amiga community the two MOS-TANs complete and usable for any purpose...

I am too slooowww... GHA!

Alright,... you have been waiting for quite some time, so I owe you at least the vector sketch of her.  I rounded out a lot of stuff, updated her detail, and use fold techniques passed down by Bella-hime,... just to make sure she looks somewhat presentable.

Don't forget that she's just a readjusted version of my favorite MOS-chan sketch of yours, which as you know I've had lying around for over a year.  The purpose of the picture is not just to feature MOS-chan, but the entire living Commodore-Amiga family as well.  That's why AROS-chan is in this picture too, as she's the only other character I managed to work on for this project.

Both still need much shading and highlights, not to mention that the background image is non-existent.  According to my original plan, we have MOS-chan and AROS-chan as so.  Following them is a very young MOS 2.0-chan trotting along carrying a squirrel (Amy), which is why AROS-chan is peering towards that direction (and smiling too,... she usually doesn't smile much).  

Before MOS2.0-chan, there's supposed to be AROS-kitty hissing away some other stray cats trying to join the procession (and make a meal out of butterfly girls).  

And in the background we would have Amiga-sama, Commodore64-chan, ReactionGUY, TripOS-san, and behind them still a boat with the other Commodore-tans.

The setting is supposed to be a bright sunny day, with a view overlooking a bay and a glistening city in the distance.

In retrospect, the project was probably too ambitious for my scheduling.  -___-

QuoteIt is sad we ost you almost completely as a reference point in this community.

You were always present and reliable for help, comments, and for realizing your personal sketches and complete drawings that were (and are still) always good...

Now we meet you only sometimes, somewhere in this forum... You are acting almost quite as a ghost...

BOOOOOOOOO!   T.T

I do appreciate at least you saying that I was helpful and a point of reference.  Do the truth of the matter, though, is that the number of people who thought or think otherwise are a relative minority.  A lot of my time and piece of mind was wasted fighting, arguing and putting up with generally negative consequences to [at least in my mind] doing good deeds. To pour all your heart into a FREE piece of art, and then have it used against me for character assassination, well,...

...Couple that with 90% artistic inactivity in the general body, plus fruitless and otherwise unrecognized effort efforts at funding,... and yeah, that's a good way to kill morale.

Suffice to say, I've grown very comfortable with retirement life, and it has been a lot better on my nerves.  -.-

QuoteBut, then it is important that you spend your time for your job and raising money.

Money is important for anyday living...

Well point of fact, Linux work (aside from boosting my technical skills, which have translated to better job performance) is not actually making me money.  It's still primarily volunteer work, and I still contribute programming and art to my project for free.

The only difference with that, though, is that I'm building something that many people around the world could find useful to them.  That, and most of my peers are production-driven, and willing to pitch into a team effort despite our very varied backgrounds and knowledge base.  

By all means it's not perfect, but I've enjoyed my time with my development team, and I've learned so much about programming, to the extent it won't be long when I can create my very own professional applications.  The potential for an OS-tan-themed learning game, therefore, becomes more and more possible. ;)

QuotePerhaps, if you have any little spare time, can I send you some mail in order to realize an interview for the Amiga newspaper Bitplane, so you could tell us Amigans how you realized Amiga-Sama and how it was born your interest for Amiga?

I'm not really sure if I'm qualified to do that, though, considering how much I've sidelined the Amigoids.  But if they need something to populate the issue with, and our genuinely interested in Amiga-tan, then I don't think I'll mind answering a few questions.

The only prerequisite, however, is that the questions be posted HERE, so I can answer them in the same place [HERE].  ;)

I'm sick of hiding interesting stuff in the Private Messages, and I also said before repeatedly that I don't want stuff mailed to me.  ;D

Added after 1 minutes:

=================================

Speaking of which, I'm already outta time.

Sorry Bella & Aurora,.... I know I still have much goodness left to answer for in your threads.  Wait for me.  ^.^

*scurries off*

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Alright,... you have been waiting for quite some time, so I owe you at least the vector sketch of her.  I rounded out a lot of stuff, updated her detail, and use fold techniques passed down by Bella-hime,... just to make sure she looks somewhat presentable.

Don't forget that she's just a readjusted version of my favorite MOS-chan sketch of yours, which as you know I've had lying around for over a year.  The purpose of the picture is not just to feature MOS-chan, but the entire living Commodore-Amiga family as well.  That's why AROS-chan is in this picture too, as she's the only other character I managed to work on for this project.

I... I must admit I am impressed...  o_o

You transformed my poor sketch in a beautiful girl...

You art is really superior...  ;019  ;019  ;019

Both still need much shading and highlights, not to mention that the background image is non-existent.  According to my original plan, we have MOS-chan and AROS-chan as so.  Following them is a very young MOS 2.0-chan trotting along carrying a squirrel (Amy), which is why AROS-chan is peering towards that direction (and smiling too,... she usually doesn't smile much).

Before MOS2.0-chan, there's supposed to be AROS-kitty hissing away some other stray cats trying to join the procession (and make a meal out of butterfly girls).  

And in the background we would have Amiga-sama, Commodore64-chan, ReactionGUY, TripOS-san, and behind them still a boat with the other Commodore-tans.

The setting is supposed to be a bright sunny day, with a view overlooking a bay and a glistening city in the distance.

In retrospect, the project was probably too ambitious for my scheduling.

Now that is freaking too complex...  ;018  ;022

That was better to realize minor drawings like C64+Amiga you just realized for the gallery here on OS-TAN, and then leave your big project for the future, finishing it, little by little, as a fresco painting...

Believe me... C64+Amiga was really good enough...

Then... A great wallpaper full of Amiga Characters... Sure it was an idea!

One big giant panoramic one... depicting all Amiga characters... yes it is also good... Meraviglioso (Marvellous, Wonderful)!

... But take it as it should be a project for the future...

Don't exagerate...

Don't you forgot you were full of commitments BEFORE you were engaged into the Linux project?

So why you continued in a sooo big project if you KNEW you could not finish it?  ;014

BOOOOOOOOO!   T.T

I do appreciate at least you saying that I was helpful and a point of reference.  Do the truth of the matter, though, is that the number of people who thought or think otherwise are a relative minority.  A lot of my time and piece of mind was wasted fighting, arguing and putting up with generally negative consequences to [at least in my mind] doing good deeds. To pour all your heart into a FREE piece of art, and then have it used against me for character assassination, well,...

Never underestimate yourself my young padawan...

And... May the Force be with you...

;001  ;010

QuoteBut, then it is important that you spend your time for your job and raising money.

Money is important for anyday living...

Well point of fact, Linux work (aside from boosting my technical skills, which have translated to better job performance) is not actually making me money.  It's still primarily volunteer work, and I still contribute programming and art to my project for free.

Sad to read that...  ;018  ;026

The only difference with that, though, is that I'm building something that many people around the world could find useful to them.  That, and most of my peers are production-driven, and willing to pitch into a team effort despite our very varied backgrounds and knowledge base.  

By all means it's not perfect, but I've enjoyed my time with my development team, and I've learned so much about programming, to the extent it won't be long when I can create my very own professional applications.  The potential for an OS-tan-themed learning game, therefore, becomes more and more possible. ;)

Well, at least this is really good and interesting...  ;019

QuotePerhaps, if you have any little spare time, can I send you some mail in order to realize an interview for the Amiga newspaper Bitplane, so you could tell us Amigans how you realized Amiga-Sama and how it was born your interest for Amiga?

I'm not really sure if I'm qualified to do that, though, considering how much I've sidelined the Amigoids.  But if they need something to populate the issue with, and our genuinely interested in Amiga-tan, then I don't think I'll mind answering a few questions.

AROS site interviewed last month another artist that made Amiga great, Eric Schwartz...

He created Amy the Squirrel that was almost forgotten except in Amiga little niche of the computer market...

With Amiga-Sama you gave the Amiga new visibility beacuse OS-TANs are present also in international places like Wikipedia, and it will be visible almost forever (or until it will exist the WEB...)

Read it here:

http://arosshow.blogspot.com/2008/05/eric-schwartz-interview.html

Have you read it?

It is interesting and it is just kinda like I intend to interview you...

Bitplane Italia magazine it is bi-monthly interviewing persons who made Amiga famous...

And believe me, you gave a little but significant visibility to Amiga.

You deserve this interview and also the most interesting thing for amigan readers is the fact that you were never (and still are not) an Amigan User...

Italian readers will read the interview in the magazine, and Amigans worldwide will read it in English language online...

The topic it is very intriguing... So please don't be so shy...

Why are you so shy?

The only prerequisite, however, is that the questions be posted HERE, so I can answer them in the same place [HERE].  ;)

No problems at all for me...

I'm sick of hiding interesting stuff in the Private Messages, and I also said before repeatedly that I don't want stuff mailed to me.  ;D

Hiding what? it was just private briefing between two artists working at same project...

Perhaps had had you wanted to generate tons of messages, topics and comments about Amiga, MorphOS, etcetera, and a whole of traffic here on OS-Tans?

The moderators had had kicked out of forum both of us because of our talking only regarding Amiga and stuffing all discussions with our "very intelligent" comments we made each other for example regarding "how much tall should had being Reaction Guy"...

(Obviously I made heavy sarcasm when I said "intelligent comments"). ;012  ;012  ;012
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

Bella

QuoteAlright,... you have been waiting for quite some time, so I owe you at least the vector sketch of her. I rounded out a lot of stuff, updated her detail, and use fold techniques passed down by Bella-hime,... just to make sure she looks somewhat presentable.

Don't forget that she's just a readjusted version of my favorite MOS-chan sketch of yours, which as you know I've had lying around for over a year. The purpose of the picture is not just to feature MOS-chan, but the entire living Commodore-Amiga family as well. That's why AROS-chan is in this picture too, as she's the only other character I managed to work on for this project.

Beautiful! I see the improvements to MOS-chan, while still staying true to Raffaele's original sketch. And AROS-chan is just too darned adorable! I mean, I just want to reach in and squeeze her checks or something @.@

And thanks for trying some of my fold techniques :)

QuoteBoth still need much shading and highlights, not to mention that the background image is non-existent. According to my original plan, we have MOS-chan and AROS-chan as so. Following them is a very young MOS 2.0-chan trotting along carrying a squirrel (Amy), which is why AROS-chan is peering towards that direction (and smiling too,... she usually doesn't smile much).

In retrospect, the project was probably too ambitious for my scheduling. -___-

This sounds like an incredible idea! But...with all due respect, this would be like the Spruce Goose of pictures (in other words, very ambitious and difficult to finish). But still...that would have been awesome...

BTW, who is this ReactionGUY?

QuoteBOOOOOOOOO! T.T

I do appreciate at least you saying that I was helpful and a point of reference. Do the truth of the matter, though, is that the number of people who thought or think otherwise are a relative minority. A lot of my time and piece of mind was wasted fighting, arguing and putting up with generally negative consequences to [at least in my mind] doing good deeds. To pour all your heart into a FREE piece of art, and then have it used against me for character assassination, well,...

...Couple that with 90% artistic inactivity in the general body, plus fruitless and otherwise unrecognized effort efforts at funding,... and yeah, that's a good way to kill morale.

Suffice to say, I've grown very comfortable with retirement life, and it has been a lot better on my nerves. -.-

You have to focus on the people that appreciate your good deeds. Of course there are going to be those whom you don't get along with, (this I know all too well), both online and in real life. You just have to put that out of your mind. To quote a Mama Cass song...you've got to make your own kind of music. And sing your own song, even if nobody else sings along.

That said, I did have a similar experience at a previous forum I posted at; while I wasn't disliked...for the most part...I didn't feel I was getting the recognition I deserved and I was quite the "outsider". Probably why I've adopted my current rather laid-back mindset... : |

QuoteI'm not really sure if I'm qualified to do that, though, considering how much I've sidelined the Amigoids. But if they need something to populate the issue with, and our genuinely interested in Amiga-tan, then I don't think I'll mind answering a few questions.

The only prerequisite, however, is that the questions be posted HERE, so I can answer them in the same place [HERE].

This would be so awesome! :D

QuoteI... I must admit I am impressed...

You transformed my poor sketch in a beautiful girl...

You art is really superior...

Now, now, don't say that. C-Chan has his style of art and you have yours. I don't think it's fair to compare art styles to one another ;)

QuoteThat was better to realize minor drawings like C64+Amiga you just realized for the gallery here on OS-TAN, and then leave your big project for the future, finishing it, little by little, as a fresco painting...

Very well put; the only way a drawing like that could be done is one bit at a time...

QuoteAROS site interviewed last month another artist that made Amiga great, Eric Schwartz...

He created Amy the Squirrel that was almost forgotten except in Amiga little niche of the computer market...

With Amiga-Sama you gave the Amiga new visibility beacuse OS-TANs are present also in international places like Wikipedia, and it will be visible almost forever (or until it will exist the WEB...)

Read it here:

http://arosshow.blogspot.com/2008/05/eric-schwartz-interview.html

That was an interesting interview! I didn't know Eric Schwartz made the AROS kitty...nor did I know he's also a Transformers fan ^_^