Artist Requests!

Started by CaptBrenden, August 02, 2006, 04:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuoteThink of all the different Dstro-tans, and the Tux. Now there are also many MacOSes and a number of asorted other OSes (like my floppyriding "Who needs 64MB harddisks anyway" lil friend Minix-tan)

Listing all the Linux Distros is gonna take a long time, but I guess we can start by adding the ones from the "Linux Distros" thread.  I'll add more in time as I continue to add other -tans to the list.  ^__^

I'm excluding -kuns for now since I probably won't be drawing them voluntarily (Homeo maybe, but probably only for PalmOS/Amiga-tan comic relief).

Windows and MacOS lists have been expanded also, to get a better idea of their size relative to the other factions.  The Linux/Unix Consortium will remain the largest and most powerful of them all, but also the least poltiically stable (so members come and go all the time).

Minix was on the original list and even had a question mark  since I wanted to make sure you were okay with her faction placement.  Don't worry if you feel she's too independent to be part of a group -- in fact, the larger factions really are just "associations" and the members needn't live together the way the Windows or Binteji Renmei -tans do. For example.  CIOST members live scattered and hermit-like for the most part, banding together only when honoring their mutual defense pact.

BTW, I added an Amoeba-tan in there too.  ^__^
Hopefully you can come up with something about her, since research material seems a bit sketchy on the matter.  ^^'

QuoteThe User Space Gang needs Dragonfly BSD-tan as well...

Thanks!  Added!  ^__^
Also took the opportunity to add a few more OS-tans here and there.  I'm still having trouble pronouncing "Uuu"-tan's full name.  ^^'

QuoteCan't wait for the new DOS-tans!

Fufufu,... almost time,... almost time, my good friend NewYinzer....  ^__^
I'll probably end up adding more DOSSE members too in time, since I did catch a glimpose of a couple potential new recruits.
First I'll have to filter through them, sincce "DOS" really is a very common in most names.  -v-'

Oh, and did in fact decide to keep ArthurOS as a separae OS-tan after all, and as a Binteji Renmei member no less!  ^__^
She and AcornMOS will probably correspond to their sister RISC OS-tan regularly (as well as send her food/provisions whenever the A$ Coalition suffers the usual financial hardships).  -v-;

Anyway, here's the updated list:

<<<NOTE: LIST MOVED TO Annex>>>

Kami-Tux

From what I read about Amoeba, she should fit in the COIST more than in the Linux/Unix Consortium. Minix-tan however is a full Unix.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Gotcha!  CIOST it is!  ^v^

She wouldn't be the first Unix-like system on the roster either (VxWorks, for one), but generally speaking full-fledged Windows/Apple/Linux/Unix types are somewhat... "shunned" by the CIOST -tans.  -v-

Alex Stankevitch

Ive always wondered, what about a nVidia-tan? Green clothing and the nVidia logo and stuff.

NewYinzer

I don't know. There probably is one, but there is a good chance there isn't. However, that is one I'd like to see.

This is a good chance to unveil my new project, building an OS-Tan playing card deck. Here is another preview:

Max Upload Limit Reached

C-Chan

Max Upload Limit Reached....?  '___'
Poor NewYinzer....  Well don't worry, I did see some of your playing cards and they look cool!  ^.^

Oh, and,.... um,.... Alex?
Fufufu... Wouldn't a nVidia-tan be technically a hardware-tan?  ^___^'

Alex Stankevitch

Probably, but thats a simply -tan as its only nVidia and ATI, same with the path of Intel and AMD.

NewYinzer

QuoteMax Upload Limit Reached....? '___'
Poor NewYinzer.... Well don't worry, I did see some of your playing cards and they look cool! ^.^

Better upload them to flickr then:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93235186@N00/sets/72157594240898649/

Here is the first one to be officially released:

C-Chan

QuoteProbably, but thats a simply -tan as its only nVidia and ATI, same with the path of Intel and AMD.

Ooh now,... an AMD-tan.  Now that's a hardware-tan I'd bump ahead of the line.  ^__^

QuoteBetter upload them to flickr then:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93235186@N00/sets/72157594240898649/

Here is the first one to be officially released:

NewYinzer, you gotta tone done the coolness dude!  If you keep this up, you'll rock beyond any conceivable praise we can afford to offer you!  ^v^

NewYinzer

QuoteNewYinzer, you gotta tone done the coolness dude! If you keep this up, you'll rock beyond any conceivable praise we can afford to offer you! ^v^

Thank you, C-Chan! I'll keep adding more as I finish them. BTW, your art rocks too!

C-Chan

Hehehe....  Well I guess it can pass for art.  ^^'

But even though I've done so before on many occasions, I should probably disclose again that I'm not technically "an artist".

And I don't mean that out of modesty, but just as an honest assessment of the facts.  -v-

I'm a pig with too little time and too little talent, but with too many ideas and too much drive to let them whither away in my brain.  So I invent ways to produce these drawings in any way I can, even if it means to cheat.  As long as I can get the end product where I want it to be, ta hell with how I actually got to that point!  ^v^

On the bright side, since I do use Inkscape a lot , I can at the very least claim to be sort-of a "sculptor".  Ã,¬__Ã,¬'

But anway, nuff about me.  ^v^
I do have a purpose for showing off.... -v-

*light incense*

*performs holy piggy dance over a sacred altar*

[dramatically] Oh Great Penguin God, hear me!
Thy Mortal Pig Servant hath a request to beseech thee with!  ^0^

[normally]  Basically, today I just thought of a perfect way to pay homage to your Minix-tan.  ^__^
If you don't mind waiting until my 3rd pic is done and then don't mind me borrowing her for a while when the time comes, I may be able to whip up something nice.  ^.^

I'll even throw in Linux-tan and Ubuntu-tan in the background, just to sweeten the deal!  ^v^

Kami-Tux

You pray to Kami-tux. You feel that Kami-Tux is pleased [/referencetothebestcomputergameever]

Go ahead and use her design! It's cool that someone uses my design to make something better!

Does she need to leave my sig to pose for you?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Hehe... well, it's gonna be a while,... ^^'
Four more chibi rendtions (=4 weeks), plus the time it takes to complete my 3rd pic (possibly another 4).  

So no, she can stay on your sig for a while....
*suspicous glare* Fufuf,... it ain't like you're gonna cheat on her (=draw another -tan) while she's away, right...?  `v'

C-Chan added the following  1 hour 42 minutes after last message :

Okay, just finished updating the roadmap a little.
Added Aurora's new -tans, plus a Wanderer and two new Binteji Renmei members (GEM and CTOS).

Also started a new marking scheme:  "> " indicates the OS-tan has been drawn (by one or multiple artists) and "* " indicates that ideas are on the table for that particular OS-tan.  

Anyway, let's begin.... ^__^

<<<NOTE: LIST MOVED TO Annex>>>

Kami-Tux

QuoteSo no, she can stay on your sig for a while....
*suspicous glare* Fufuf,... it ain't like you're gonna cheat on her (=draw another -tan) while she's away, right...? `v'

I don't want her to flame me on the Newsgroups and I have to resort to the fact that most of her useful code was written by Bruce Ewans.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

CaptBrenden

<.< >.>  I dont see much requesting going on.  We are some off topic mo fos :P

that is quite the impressive list you got there. maybe you should have a thread dedicated to the progress of your project?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.