OS/2 Warp-tan & RISC OS-tan

Started by C-Chan, August 13, 2006, 08:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuoteROFL. huh, interesting point. *throws snakes at you and runs away*
*stomps snake to death and laughs mightily*

OH-HOHOHOHO!!!  ^0^
After having lived all my life as a tiny little pig, your forget that being turned into a ME-tan makes me feel like a hulking giant!!!   ^-'

*stomps on snake one last time*

Unstoppable!!!!!  \v/

*freeezes*

*30 minutes later*

'Kay, except for that minor draw-back....  ^^'

Quotesankyuu~ I also noticed that OS/2 was first announced in April, and all my >C symbol needs is a line to make it look like a Pisces. XD; But I thought it would be getting too obscure by then. heh

Yeah, the >C is fine.  ^-^
But let's keep that note for future reference,... who knows when it'll be useful....  ^_~

QuoteHaha, sorry, I had to get to class by then. She's actually chiseling something. Going along with the art theme there cuz I couldn't think of anything else. Hammer and chisel. yep.

Aaaa,... souka!  'v'
I see now!  ^__^

Very well, then...

3000 points for such a cute OS/2-tan depiction!!!!  ^V^

C-Chan added the following  1 hour 40 minutes after last message :

*continues to stare at sketch*

I just can't get enough of this pic!  It's too darn cool/cute!  ^v^

The more I look at it, the more visible the minute details become.  For example, I only just now realized that the ponytail with the phaser is shooting at a virus.  Sugoi x 25,400,124!!!  ^V^

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

'kay, I'll s'hedule a little time for CPU-tans in December..... '09.  Mwahahaha... ^___^'

In the meantime, I just finished my new OS-tan Chibi of the week!  ^.^
I'm putting her in the same thread as OS/2-tan because:

a)  She's also a member of the Anti$oft Coalition

b)  She's OS/2-tan's very reliable second in command.  (or, as OS/2-tan would say, her "Number One")  [15 points if you guess the reference]  ^_-

c)  If I keep making new threads for each and every new OS-tan released, eventually Pitkin will turn me into bacon....  ^^;

So without further ado, please give a warm welcome to RISC OS-tan....!  ^v^

Post-and-run again, you know the drill.... -v-

RISC OS-tan is considered one of the (if not THE) most efficient and stable operating system in the world.  But sadly she's not very outgoing, hence the reason why you've probably never heard of her (unless you're British a big fan of ARM computers).

Feel free to review the usual literature...  ^__^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RISC_OS

She's a member of the Anti$oft Coalition only in solidarity with OS/2-tan (another overlooked OS-tan with great potential).  Otherwise, she has no specific gripe with Windows-tans other than the occasional infringement in her niche market.

If you know the system, you can probably identify the logos interspersed throughout.  In case you're wondering, btw, her pistol is a British-manufactured Webley Mk IV Service Revolver.  No need to panic as she is far more cool-headed than OS/2-tan (and besides, has horrible marksmanship anyway).  Her pistol is really more for show, as her real strength lies in her physical traits.  She's amazingly fast and agile, and while not particularly strong she is considered to be "unbreakable" (think the "Bruce Willis" kind).

All I know is that this is available on Acorn computers and it is widely know n in Europe. Although it is popular in Europe, this was almost never heard in Asia and it has a very few amount of users in the American continent. My Linux user buddy told me that he have those ones as a gift by his dad in Canada, but since it is to believe that this is not available in the United States. It was shipped from Toronto to New Jersey for him to use it.

By the way, nice job you made on RISC-tan . I like her outfit and the expression of his face. Keep on rollin's pal!  ;019

By the way, what is that thing on her gun?

Kami-Tux

An ME-tan? right here? Meh, I am not in the mood for dirty work... Melinda-tan, Iloveyou-tan! *tells other Virus-tans that there is an unguarded ME-tan.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Alfamille

Quote from: "SleepyD"um... yah.

I had an hour or two between classes, so.... yah.  Quick drawing, don't expect quality.  Legs are horrendous.  Anyhoo, I was just getting my ideas down.

I tried not to put too many logos and things on there.  I mean, if people want to draw her, I don't think they'd be drawing logos, would they? The thing on her collar? I put the symbols ">" and "c" together.  "> c," "greater than the speed of light," "WARP".  Follow my logic? ^^  

And... I simplified the idea with the hair.  I'm not sure if actually having an exact number would go well with artists... ^^; It's hard to even get her in a pose where you see em all. ...well anyway, at the bottom, you see I had fun with the hair idea. ^^

...I don't know why I thought of putting a stock on the phaser. XD;;  I mean, do those things have much recoil anyway? Why stock on a pistol? yeah... got the idea from H&K VP70.  Thank you Gunslinger Girl for introducing me to that.

Good work too Sleepy ^_^

ME-tan being there was comical! :)

C-Chan

QuoteAll I know is that this is available on Acorn computers and it is widely know n in Europe. Although it is popular in Europe, this was almost never heard in Asia and it has a very few amount of users in the American continent. My Linux user buddy told me that he have those ones as a gift by his dad in Canada, but since it is to believe that this is not available in the United States. It was shipped from Toronto to New Jersey for him to use it.

By the way, nice job you made on RISC-tan . I like her outfit and the expression of his face. Keep on rollin's pal!

Thank you as always, Alfamille!  I shall do my best to churn out more new -tans!  ^v^

You said the gist of it,... Great system, but sadly not very well known.  Her suit is meant to be very sharp, clean and professional, as she's very strict about what she wears and how she wears (indicative of the fact that RISC OS will only work on certain hardware specifications).  And that's the kind of expression you get after working for many years alongside OS/2, trying to maintain the A$ Coalition half-way respectable (poor RISC-tan... 'v').

[qiuote]By the way, what is that thing on her gun?[/quote]

That's a little keychain of the RISC OS version 4 logo.  I tried to imbed it as subtlely as I could.  ^v^

QuoteGood work too Sleepy

ME-tan being there was comical!

Isn't it?  'v'
I spent all night staring at it, it's just so great...  ^__^

*flops head on the keyboard with sleep exhaustion*

QuoteAn ME-tan? right here? Meh, I am not in the mood for dirty work... Melinda-tan, Iloveyou-tan! *tells other Virus-tans that there is an unguarded ME-tan.

GAAAAAH!!!!!!!  KAMI-TUX you traitor!!!!  ;^0^;
-5000 points for you!!!

*runss away from viruses*

Kami-Tux

*shouts C:\con\con in the vague direction of the ME-tan* if it's a real ME-tan, it should freeze, if it's a pig, as it claims, it shouldn't care.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NewYinzer

*shouts toward C-Chan*Try to move a 4GB file!*ends shouting*

Pitkin

You bullies, picking on poor Emuii-san. *ice-cold glare*

It's not all about the performance, but about at least trying your best. T_T

However... *forgets the topic and moves on to the other*

Magnificent drawing, SleepyD-san! Love her multi-threading hair and both of the characters' expressions in the little picture. A+++ ^___^

NewYinzer

Okay. We'll stop. Anyway, here's a little preview of what I'm working on:

[attachment deleted by admin]

C-Chan

*ME-C-Chan is frozen from the waist-down and simultaneously gets hernia from trying to move 4GB file*

GAH!!! DOES THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?!!!  YOU PEOPLE ARE HORRIBLE!!!  >_<

[melodramatically]  Only Pitkin cares about me!  Pitkin, you are the bestest!  I'd hug you if I could move!  ^v^

*spots NewYinzer's OS/2-tan ace card!

*squeals*  GYA!!!  I take that back!!!  ^v^
NewYinzer, you rule too!  2864 points!!!!  ^.^
See,...?  You're officially an art contributor!  Wasn't as bad as it looked, eh?  ^V^

Oh, btw, what programming did you use to make it?
Feel free to lighten that "OS/2-tan created by C-Chan" disclaimer, since it doesn't have to be that prominent.  Oh, and you can erase the original disclaimer as well (it looks like a tiny splotch next to her head) ^__^

C-Chan added the following  16 minutes after last message :

Oh gawds, not again.... X___x

*eerie light engulfs ME-C-chan once more*

*ME-C-chan starts growing even taller, curvier, more... endowed*

*sigh*  .....Now what.....  -___-

*looks at self*

*feels cat ears*
*glasses*
*boobs*
*coat*

Don't tell me, I know....  I'm the "reliable Windows-tan" now, right?  -____-'

Tell me again why this is happening to me?  ^____^'

*stares at feet*

Woah,...! Feel like I'm several more inches higher off the ground.... @__@
Should probably be a good idea to mention that i have agoraphobia....  ^__^'

*wobbles uncomfortably as 2K-C-Chan tries to walk*

Well, at least I won't freeze as much now....  -v-'

SleepyD

Alex Stankevitch

Lol, i care too, well maybe just a bit...

C-Chan

"shme"............. "xy"....?  O_o

*suspicious glare*  Ã,¬,Ã,¬

NewYinzer

QuoteOh, btw, what programming did you use to make it?
Hehe...
*laughs*
...I kinda...
*laughs*
...used...
*falls over in chair, laughing*
...Microsoft Paint!
*laughs*

C-Chan

^^'

Actually, I guess I meant to say "program", but well you laughed about something else.  -v-

As we've seen, Paint does the job and quite well if I might add.  ^__^

But if you're looking to upgrade to something more feature-rich (and that has layering capacity, truly an artist's best friend) without having to invest in (or "borrow") Photoshop, you're probably in the best position to try out GIMP.  ^.^

http://www.gimp.org/

I know Kami-Tux would approve.  ^v^