OS/2 Warp-tan & RISC OS-tan

Started by C-Chan, August 13, 2006, 08:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

whoa-ho, where did you come from? haha XD;

14 posts already, and I haven't welcomed you?

Welcome!!
Have some In-N-Out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:4x4_FryWell_LargeDrink.jpg

...what, I was hungry, so I looked at pictures. haha

Ok, now that's done with... someone remind me that I would like to draw Warp-tan myself when I have time... hah

NewYinzer

Do you have time? Why not draw Warp-tan now?

Another reminder from NewYinzer!*

*(C) 2006 Protonium, Inc.

C-Chan

[to Kami-Tux] THANK YOU, KAMI-TUX!!!  ^V^
I'm glad you liked OS/2-tan!!!!  She is indeed poor (literally,... IBM's stipend sucks), so she could use all the love (and spare hardware) she can get!  ^v^

*RISC-tan storms off*

Oh no no no, RISC-tan!  Everyone likes you too...!  ^.^

[to NewYinzer]  Well, I already said you rock, so you're set.  ^__^

[to SleepyD]  THANK YOU, SLEEPYD!!!!!  ^V^
Thank you for adopting OS/2-tan for drawing material!!!  ^v^

Would you like to do a full-body drawing (like your 2K-tan), or chibi?  ^v^
Whatever you end up with, if you need anything just ask!  I'll support you with anything 110%!!!  ^-^

Oh what the heck...

I'll make it 115% just for you!  ^.^

NewYinzer

RISC-tan! Come back!
*RISC-tan runs toward NewYinzer*
We'll have tea and talk!
*RISC pulls out revolver*
Oh no, I'm not gonna fall for that again!
*Pulls out lightsaber*
RISC-tan: Freeze!
*NewYinzer runs after RISC-tan*
RISC-tan: I said freeze, sucka!
*RISC-tan fires, bullet deflected by NewYinzer*
RISC-tan: Eek!
"NewYinzer pulls out tazer, fires*
NewYinzer: She'll be out for a few minutes. Just enough time to tie her up and take her back to England!

C-Chan

Um,.........  NewYinzer.........  Ã,¬__Ã,¬
Have you ever watched "Unbreakable" before....?  Ã,¬__Ã,¬'

In any case, I know she looks stunned, but....... um........ I wouldn't get too close to her if I were you...........  -__________-'

NewYinzer

Looks like I found that out the hard way. Any way, she's tied up to a car, so she can't get away!
*car drives off in the distance*
My car! At least it wasn't the Yinzermobile! Ah well. It was a lease.

C-Chan

*sweatdrops*  Lease....?
Like, you mean,... in your name....?  Ã,¬___Ã,¬'

Let's see if I can connect the dots....  -__-'

RISC-tan has your car.....
RISC-tan is a member of the Anti$oft Coalition.....
OS/2-tan, leader of the Anti$oft Coalition, has a nasty vendetta against the Windows girls.....

Ergo,...

You can bet that car is gonna be used to torment them in some way.  ^^'

Let's just hope 95-tan will be reasonable enough not to think you had a hand in any of this.  ^^;

SleepyD

Quote from: "C-Chan"
[to SleepyD]  THANK YOU, SLEEPYD!!!!!  ^V^
Thank you for adopting OS/2-tan for drawing material!!!  ^v^

Would you like to do a full-body drawing (like your 2K-tan), or chibi?  ^v^
Whatever you end up with, if you need anything just ask!  I'll support you with anything 110%!!!  ^-^

Oh what the heck...

I'll make it 115% just for you!  ^.^

definitely full-body pic. muaha... I never finished 2k-tan did I?  I should redraw... don't have much of a drive to finish it.  

I wonder what support looks like.... it's even quantifiable. amazing.

C-Chan

Oh yeah, definitely!!  It's measured in Supportograms!  Didn't you know that?  `v'

Tsk, tsk, tsk....  -v-

*shakes head in disapproval*

Well, it's certainly up to you to decide whether to finish 2K-tan.  If you ask me I think she looks fine already,... but then with your OS/2 Warp-tan project on the horizon, this pig has a very obvious Conflict of Interest.  ^__^;

Anyway, some more info on OS/2-tan to help you with the full-body pic....

1)  She's a tad shorter than 2K-tan, so I'll guesstimate OS/2-tan's height to be somewhere around 165cm.  

2) She's thin enough to make Darknight proud,... but then, so are all OS-tans if you think about it.  ^___^;

3) If you're a Star Trek viewer, use "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country" as a guide for the full-body version of her uniform/phaser.  

4) She has six head-to-toe-length ponytails and a half-length one.  All of them are formed with individual hair-ties as you can see from my pic -- what aren't visible (because they're behind each ponytail) are the major starfleet insignias for each Star Trek series attached to each tie.  ^^'

5) Her boots are sharp-looking, but matte and the heel really isn't that high.    (All in all, they should look very comfortable to wear and run in, unlike RISC-tan's shoes....  Ã,¬__Ã,¬')

But these, of course, are just my own suggestions.  As long as you feel the urge to draw, feel free to add your own artistic license to your design! ^_'

NewYinzer

Don't worry. The lease for the car is in the name of a Cayman Islands holding corporation. Technically, the owner is not me, but the First National Cayman Banana Bank. They leased it, they have insurance, the car could be in Cleveland by now. All I need is to call BMW, and they can located it via GPS. Soon I will know the location of the Anti$oft Coalition!

C-Chan

*folds down newspaper*  Ahhh, so that's why 95-tan is running amok in the Cayman Islands.  Well, as long as she takes down those tax havens, I won't say a thing.  ^__^

Oh, you wanna visit the Anti$oft Coalition headquarters?  
*squeals*  Why didn't ya say so?!  ^v^

*speed dials on cell*

*rings*

.....Hello....  *smiles*  Hey, QNX-tan,....
Wassup?  ...............Nothing, I'm doin' alright.  How's business....................  That bad, huh.......?  ....................Uh-huh...................... mmm-hmm...............  Oh, what bastards..................................... mmm-hmmm.............  Right,... Hey listen, a friend of mine wants to stop by and tour the place.  You guys aren't going anywhere, are you.....?  ..............  Wha?  ............They haven't gone back yet..................? Oh.............................. That much for bail, eh...?  .....................Well, at least it's not as bad as last time.................................  Oh well, as long as you can show him around......................................... No, I'm not gonna let the old hag do it.................  Oh dear GAWD, no........  Yeah, just you please...........
Thank you, dear............  I'm still within your 30-days, right.....?  .............Good, that's what I wanna hear.............  Love you too,.....................  Love you more.......  Right..............  Bye................ Buh-bye...........  Bye................ Uh-huh, Bye,.............. Bye............ I'm hanging up now.

*turns off cell*

Okay, you can stop by.

*scribbles down hasty directions*

Here you go.  ^__^
OS/2-tan and RiSC-tan will be out for a while, but QNX-tan can be your host till then.  Money's tight again, though, so hope you don't mind crackers, olives and clam juice.  

QNX-tan is hospitable at least; but word of advice, stay away from Tandy-tan.  She's............... cranky.................  -___-'

SleepyD

um... yah.

I had an hour or two between classes, so.... yah.  Quick drawing, don't expect quality.  Legs are horrendous.  Anyhoo, I was just getting my ideas down.

I tried not to put too many logos and things on there.  I mean, if people want to draw her, I don't think they'd be drawing logos, would they? The thing on her collar? I put the symbols ">" and "c" together.  "> c," "greater than the speed of light," "WARP".  Follow my logic? ^^  

And... I simplified the idea with the hair.  I'm not sure if actually having an exact number would go well with artists... ^^; It's hard to even get her in a pose where you see em all. ...well anyway, at the bottom, you see I had fun with the hair idea. ^^

...I don't know why I thought of putting a stock on the phaser. XD;;  I mean, do those things have much recoil anyway? Why stock on a pistol? yeah... got the idea from H&K VP70.  Thank you Gunslinger Girl for introducing me to that.

NewYinzer

Very, very good! Don't forget to add her to the gallery! C-Chan, come over here!

C-Chan

GYAAAAAAAH!!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

1,245 points for SleepyD!!!!   I LOVE THIS SKETCH!!!!  ^V^

QuoteI had an hour or two between classes, so.... yah. Quick drawing, don't expect quality. Legs are horrendous. Anyhoo, I was just getting my ideas down.

That's fine,... in fact, better than fine.  It looks great just as it is (the legs aren't that bad), so I can imagine it'll be mind-blowing once the real inking starts.  Remind me to get a helmet.  ^v^

QuoteI tried not to put too many logos and things on there. I mean, if people want to draw her, I don't think they'd be drawing logos, would they? The thing on her collar? I put the symbols ">" and "c" together. "> c," "greater than the speed of light," "WARP". Follow my logic? ^^

Truth be told, not drawing logos certainly reduces the risk of legal ramifcations, so that was an excellent choice on your part.  I try to follow suit, but naturally some real logos survive intact here and there (PalmOS is my biggest culprit).  Would certainly explain why none of the Windows-tans have the Windows logo fully intact (except, perhaps, on 95-tans battle suit).  

The >C symbol is an excellent idea, very clever and obvioiusly a good application of your l33t math skills.  ^.^
This is why I've prayed very hard for other artists such as yourself to adopt  these new -tans -- with your fresh ideas, you're able to expand on and refine the original preconcepts.  ^v^

QuoteAnd... I simplified the idea with the hair. I'm not sure if actually having an exact number would go well with artists... ^^; It's hard to even get her in a pose where you see em all. ...well anyway, at the bottom, you see I had fun with the hair idea. ^^

No problem,.. besides, from a practical standpoint and considering her busy schedule, I doubt she'd really care much to keep her hair style consistent every single day (unlike RISC-tan, who's extremely fastidious about how she looks, right down to the direction of her bangs).

I originally preferred very long hair, but your idea of ponytails that can expand/contract and have a life of their own sounds WAY cuter (and appropriate).  ^___^

Sorry if it took me a while to right this, but I was literally ROTFLing for hours watching the little comic strip below.  I love every bit of it, plus it opens new doors for comic situations!  ^v^

Just quiz me on what she's multithreading, please:

-Painting
-Holding palette to paint
-Vacuuming
-Vaporizing someone in the distance
-Fifth one I can't make out though, but is she shooting at someone up close?  '_'

BTW,... is it just coincidence that a freak accident recently turned me from a handsome pig into a ME-tan, and that you drew OS/2-tan aiming her phaser,....

...at a ME-tan....?  @__@

*shudders*

Quote...I don't know why I thought of putting a stock on the phaser. XD;; I mean, do those things have much recoil anyway? Why stock on a pistol? yeah... got the idea from H&K VP70. Thank you Gunslinger Girl for introducing me to that.

Not only are you an admirable artist, but I see you have demigod-like tastes in Anime references.

2300 points for paying homage to Claes-sama!!  ^V^

The phaser (at least that type of phaser) doesn't have much recoil, true, but the stock can also help with accuracy since that particular phaser type is not as sophisticated as the 24th century versions.  Comfort too.  AND she can hide/store it within the stock as well.

Plus IBM has never really helped her to pay for her weapons, so it wouldn't be any surprise that she's had to "mod" her phaser to extend its operational life.

All these are fantastic ideas, and for once I'm grateful that I'm a ME-tan since I now have thumbs to "thumb up" with!   ;010

The Windows-tans had their day when lots of artists pitched in collectively to create the looks, personalities and habits that we've grown to love so much.  I'm ever hopeful that perhaps now it's our turn....  ^v^

(Ohhh, and what the hay,.... In the spirit of celebration....! ^v^
1000 points for Newyinzer for holding down the fort while I was off ROTFLing!  ^-^)

SleepyD

QuoteThe >C symbol is an excellent idea, very clever and obvioiusly a good application of your l33t math skills. ^.^
This is why I've prayed very hard for other artists such as yourself to adopt these new -tans -- with your fresh ideas, you're able to expand on and refine the original preconcepts. ^v^
sankyuu~  I also noticed that OS/2 was first announced in April, and all my >C symbol needs is a line to make it look like a Pisces. XD; But I thought it would be getting too obscure by then. heh

QuoteFifth one I can't make out though, but is she shooting at someone up close? '_'
Haha, sorry, I had to get to class by then. She's actually chiseling something.  Going along with the art theme there cuz I couldn't think of anything else. Hammer and chisel. yep.

QuoteBTW,... is it just coincidence that a freak accident recently turned me from a handsome pig into a ME-tan, and that you drew OS/2-tan aiming her phaser,....

...at a ME-tan....? @__@

ROFL. huh, interesting point. *throws snakes at you and runs away*