Artist Requests!

Started by CaptBrenden, August 02, 2006, 04:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

The wishes of Alfamille and Kami-Tux are my command!  ^v^
(well,... er,... okay, just my motivation....  -v-)

Anyway, here's the first build....
Faction names are in bold.   OS-tans that I've finished or have ideas for, have a star next to them.  Keep in mind a few thing:

1) Still open to new factions, but this by no way is meant to be permanent.  The "political" world of the OS-tans changes frequently, so there where very different factions in the past and will likely be many different ones in the future.

2) Not all OS-tans shown (or added) need to be necessarily drawn.  For example, with the exception of any intervention by Plan 9 (who, aside from being an eccentric mastermind, is also a bit of a necromancer/zombie freak -- a reference to the original movie), the deceased -tans need only be mentioned.

3) There's also tremendous overlap and interdealings between the factions, so the fact that I broke them up in no way means that they're necessarily trying to exclude eachother.  Binteji Renmei -tans constantly help out other -tans and Linux/Unix consortium members contribute tremendously to "The Guild" (Mainframes).

4) I know I got lazy with some of the existing characters, but for convenience sake I'll probably spell them all out next time I get the chance (even if I have to type in each and every Linux distros known to man.... X__x)

5) And again, if you see someone not on the list, I likely haven't added her yet.  Still researching.....  xvx'

============

<<<NOTE: LIST MOVED TO Annex>>>

NewYinzer

HOLY COW! I didn't realize how far your plan had gone! And you changed your avatar!?! You've been busy recently!

QuoteDeceased?
MULTICS
AMIX
Xenix
CAOS ("Commodore Amiga Operating System")
Apple I
EMAS
SpringOS
KeyKOS
GM OS ("General Motors Operating System")
SAGE
FMS ("FORTRAN Monitor System")
V
BOS/360 (VSE sibling)
TOS/360 (VSE sibling)

*starts praying*

Pitkin

My goodness... suddenly the thought of someone trying to photograph every single person found in phone directory is no longer that insane...

I must say, impressive work, just naming so many OSes... O_o

*lights a candle, kneels in front of it*

Dear CAOS, I wasn't always familiar with you, nor have I always acted respectingly enough towards you, but you'll always live in my heart...

*keeps mumbling*

NewYinzer

The next step is to design those new tans...

*continues praying*

SleepyD

whooaaa, duuuuude~~

I'm not THAT much of a OS-history buff... I still applaud you.  ;019

hm.... due to my lack of knowledge, if you ever want me to draw something, it would be better for you to throw me some info and ideas first. ^^

NewYinzer

I cannot wait for the next two OS-tans, C-Chan! Can you give us some idea?

C-Chan

*rushes into alley, apparently evading someone*

Gaaaaaaaah,.... This suuuuuuucks!!! ;^0^;
My life's been turned to shambles ever since I mysteriously turned into a ME-tan.  ;___;
First, my food doesn't taste as good as it used to....! >_<
*tosses away apple core*
Then, these HUGE ME-tan fingers won't fit into the biometric scanner of my money safe!  >__<
THEN,...!  Fedora-tan and RedHat-tan won't be my bodyguards anymore, cause the contract says they're supposed to be protecting a PIG!  Not a silly Windows-tan who claims she's that pig!  >____<
AND TO BOOT...!  OS/2-tan and RISC-tan escaped from jail, and now think I'm a free-range Windows -tan!!!  >0<

GAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!  I CAN'T STANDS IT!!!!  ;^0^;
I WANT TO BE A PIG AGAIN!!!!  ;^~^;

Or if I really HAVE to stay human, at least an Amiga body would be better....  -___-'

*sigh*
*plays with cowlick*

Hopefully O Penguin God will know this was a freak accident, and won't think I'm a traitor.... Ã,¬__Ã,¬

*peers over wall*

Guess the coast is clear, so I can finally respond a little.....  -___-

QuoteHOLY COW! I didn't realize how far your plan had gone! And you changed your avatar!?! You've been busy recently!

*snort*  Yeah,... right,... Change my avatar voluntarily......  Ã,¬___Ã,¬
At least YOU have a COOL avatar now....  -____-

You're right though, I've been accidentally busy lately.  Other projects are in turmoil right now, so I kinda have a little more time to flesh out the details of the OS-tanverse I'm building.  -__-'
Just hope I don't forget to alot some time for the next -tans.

QuoteMy goodness... suddenly the thought of someone trying to photograph every single person found in phone directory is no longer that insane...

I must say, impressive work, just naming so many OSes... O_o

*lights a candle, kneels in front of it*

Dear CAOS, I wasn't always familiar with you, nor have I always acted respectingly enough towards you, but you'll always live in my heart...

*keeps mumbling*

Cool, you remember poor CAOS-tan.  I told you once that Commodore 64-tan didn't initally like Amiga-tan for many years, but never explained why.  CAOS is a big clue to that animosity, which thankfully time has healed.

There are still many more OS-tans to go, but they're just being listed here for now.  ^__^

QuoteThe next step is to design those new tans...

*cough cough*  Hehehe..... Well, the next step is to finish all the 3rd pic-critical chibis, and then work on the 3rd pic itself (which will be done in a manga-like panel style.  Then the 4th pic, which will be another rapid-deployment picture and my first test of honoring Juzo-kun's designs (featuring Fedora, Red Hat, Win 95 and Win 95 OSR 2.5).  
Then the 5th pic, where I'll finally be able to introduce Unix-sama, as well as cameo Plan 9-tan and Inferno-tan.

Once all 5 pilot pics are done, the rest is a free-for-all!!  ^V^
Chibis, portraits, pictures, panel comics,...

The emphasis, first and foremost before the artwork, is to set up character personalities and backstories to go with them.  Without tying any new OS-tan with something cohesive in this "brave new world" we're creating, all the new -tans will be no different than cigarette-tans, mecha-musume or other one-shots.  '__'

Quotewhooaaa, duuuuude~~

I'm not THAT much of a OS-history buff... I still applaud you.

hm.... due to my lack of knowledge, if you ever want me to draw something, it would be better for you to throw me some info and ideas first. ^^

Hehehe....  Actually, not very good with computers or history either.  Probably good time to note that NONE of the systems I've drawn so far have ever been used by me in any way-shape-or form.  (ATari 8-bit is the only exception, but I haven't even gotten to her yet, and even then I can't remember her much.)

First trip, of course, is Wiki to get a basic idea of the target OS-tan.  Since Wiki can only go so far, I usually visit the source links to view additional details, plus opinions from actual users, and samples of logos, desktop graphics and the like that I could use for my rendition.  It was in fact a very dedicated fansite that provided me with more valuable information for RISC-tan than Wiki.  ^___^

I'm not sure if I would ever force someone to draw anything for me, but certainly if you would like to volunteer to create a rendition, yeah I'd be more than happy to brainstorm some ideas regarding the -tans design and backstory (using the above method to make sure I know what I'm talking about...  ^__^).

QuoteI cannot wait for the next two OS-tans, C-Chan! Can you give us some idea?

No change yet.  Still PC-DOS-tan and PTS-DOS-tan!  ^__^

PC-DOS-tan is MS-DOS-tan's twin sister.  They were very close in their youth and perfectly-identical in style and manner despite the different tasks they were initially designated to.  But they were cruelly separated when their respective parent companies parted ways.  For many years, they were rarely allowed to see each other unless it was as rivals; restrictions have eased in recent years, but now, by pure force-of-habit, they rarely see each other voluntarily.  Only the occasional DOSSE gathering allows them the chance to relive old times.

PC-DOS-tan's personality used to be identical to that of MS-DOS-tan, but a harder life has sharpened her wits (as well as her tongue), making her appear more outgoing and street-smart even though she still remains largely antisocial.  She has a part-time job working at the company of her old associate, OS/2-tan, and hates every bit of it.  Still, it keeps her occupied, distracts her from the vague feeling that something's "missing" in her life, and allows her to support herself.

Still need to flesh out details on PTS-DOS-tan's story, but for now she speaks entirely in Russian, meaning MSX-DOS-tan, BASH-tan or Firefox-tan have to be around to translate.  ^__^'
She's a master of reverse engineering, and can work wonders with technology that seems impossible to decipher and software that seem impossible to duplicate.  
If you can understand her, she'll strike you as sharp and witty, with an excellent sense of purpose and fluent knowledge in history, philosophy and the arts.  Otherwise, she seems offish and apathetic.

*phaser shot blasts some bricks besides ME-C-chan's head*

*gulp*  'KAY, that's my que to get the hell outta here!!!  ^v^;
Hope to talk more tomorrow!!!

*runs off*  IF I'M STILL ALIVE!!  ;^V^;

*OS/2-tan and RISC-tan chase after him,... er, "her"*

NewYinzer

I wait patiently for the next two OS-tans and the comics you are planning!

C-Chan

Don't forget the discussions!  ^.^
Would like to engage in much discussion to be sure I incorporate in fresh new ideas and injokes relevant to the system...!  ^v^

[backhanded]  Otherwise, my stuff will get old really fast....  Ã,¬__Ã,¬'

*gunshot heard*

YIKES!!!  I'M OFF!!  ^v^'

*runs away*

NewYinzer

QuoteDon't forget the discussions! ^.^
Would like to engage in much discussion to be sure I incorporate in fresh new ideas and injokes relevant to the system...! ^v^

I'll be sure to add some ideas to the comics threads!

C-Chan

QuoteC-Chan!
*shot fired in distance*
What?
*RISC-tan runs toward Newyinzer*
Eek!
*FreeBSD and OpenBSD come out of nowhere, return fire at RISC-tan*
RISC-tan: Run away!
*RISC-tan runs toward sunset*
That was a close one. Thanks guys! C-Chan, are you okay?

*pants*  Yeah,...
Just...

*huff*

Had to lead these crazies away from that thread.
Bad enough two powerful -tans after me....
Don't need to be chased by,.... A Linux-Tan also....  ^__^'

You know, it definitely sucks being a Windows-tan.
It's a weird love hate-relationship... They either really really hate me, are mildly fond of me or are generally indifferent towards me, but so few ever really LOVE me.  If the Windows Family ever collapsed, there'd be so many people who'd either rejoice or not give a crap.

I can't help but feel sorry for them,... well,... er,... *looks at hands* .... *sigh*...... I mean, "us".... ;-__-;

NewYinzer

It's not that bad being a Windows-tan. There's power and weakness in numbers...

C-Chan

Um,... don't you mean power and "strength" in numbers?  ^__^'

Kami-Tux

Think of all the different Dstro-tans, and the Tux. Now there are also many MacOSes and a number of asorted other OSes (like my floppyriding "Who needs 64MB harddisks anyway" lil friend Minix-tan)

Kami-Tux added the following  50 minutes after last message :

The User Space Gang needs Dragonfly BSD-tan as well...

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NewYinzer

QuoteUm,... don't you mean power and "strength" in numbers? ^__^'

Yeah. That's what I meant. Can't wait for the new DOS-tans!