Artist Requests!

Started by CaptBrenden, August 02, 2006, 04:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

I just thought of a thread we needed.... The Artist Request Thread!!  You want to see something inpreticular, here is the place to make it known!  It may happen, it may not.  For artists like me, its free insperation when I cant think of anything to draw, for fans that cant draw its their chance to see their favorite tans the way they want to see them!  However, that being said... a seperate thread like this will be placed in the Hentai section for those types of requests.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Good idea, even for the... *cough cough* Hentai *cough* *hack* section..... Ã,¬__Ã,¬

I humble request a BeOS-tan (or at least some ideas for one) as I'm drawing a blank with her.  -__-'

NewYinzer

I would like to see a Commodore-64-tan.

C-Chan

Coming right up!  ^v^
No seriously, she'll be in my 3rd pic.   ^.^

Took me a while to come up with a preconcept, but eventually settled on one.  Having a little more trouble coming up with the details for Commodore PET, but at least I know for sure she'll be carrying around the group mascot (one which will hopefully be familiar to some people who used it in elementary school Comp class).  

C64-tan, btw, is technically Amiga-tan's stepsister.  
Despite the marketing schemes, AmigaOS was not created by Commodore, but was simply a licensed version of TripOS with a few modifications of their own.  ^__^

Pitkin

Commodore-tan is a must-have! *makes wave*

My very favourite platform ever, and I'll be carrying out a bloody vengeance should she not become the cutest and best OS-tan in every aspect possible to measure her. *nods seriously*

Nah, forget about the vengeance; I'm just looking forward to seeing her. ^o^

C-Chan

I guess she'll be cute (it's mandatory for all OS-tans), but I'm really aiming more for "cool" with her.  

She's one of the few vintage -tans to keep up with the times (still plenty of C64 games being programmed today), so she's evolved into something of a Gamer.

Kami-Tux

BeOS-tan... she has inline-skaters since she is a speed junkie, wears a small yellow cap, slightly tilted to the left side, either wears headphones or carries a violin-case ("multimedia OS"), is clad in blue  and/or silver (BeBox colors) and is contantly doing 2 things at the same time.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NewYinzer

Acorn Archimedes-tan would be interesting!

Kami-Tux

Hmm, What about a UNIX-tan (or rather UNIX-sama)? I think she'd either be a female version of Odo or like in the Solitaire-comic about 98-tan leave a trace during movement, only that every instance is its own version of Unix, She herself should have something of a witch, not ugly, but old, magical and powerful. I am just spreading ideas in the hope someone will like them or at least they will stir up a discussion.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NewYinzer

I just realized that I've never seen a UNIX-tan! I believe that C-Chan was planning one, a while back...

C-Chan

QuoteBeOS-tan... she has inline-skaters since she is a speed junkie, wears a small yellow cap, slightly tilted to the left side, either wears headphones or carries a violin-case ("multimedia OS"), is clad in blue and/or silver (BeBox colors) and is contantly doing 2 things at the same time.

Fufufu... Like a hyperactive version of Knoppix-tan.  -v-

QuoteAcorn Archimedes-tan  

That'd be another hardware-tan, though.  ^__^'
Which reminds me, is an ArthurOS worth it or can it just be lumped together with RISC-tan to save time?  -v-

QuoteHmm, What about a UNIX-tan (or rather UNIX-sama)? I think she'd either be a female version of Odo or like in the Solitaire-comic about 98-tan leave a trace during movement, only that every instance is its own version of Unix, She herself should have something of a witch, not ugly, but old, magical and powerful. I am just spreading ideas in the hope someone will like them or at least they will stir up a discussion.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  UNIX-SAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;^0^;

*hugs Unix-sama protectively*

MINE!!! ALL MINE!!!! NO TOUCHY!!!!!!!!  ;^0^;

Hehe, just kidding.  ^___^

Truth be told, I meant for Unix-sama to be my first OS-tan ever, but as you can imagine things don't always work out the way you want it to.  ^___^
For one thing, I hadn't drawn in over two years, had little-to-no experience in vector graphics, and wasn't really sure if I was up to such an ambitious task (the pilot pic called for her + Solaris-tan + Linux-tan + RedHat-tan + Fedora-tan + a whole slew of Linux distros and Unix descendants in the background).  That's why I drew Amiga-tan to start off with, and scheduled Unix-sama for my fifth pic.  By then, hopefully I'll know enough to try my hand at special lighting effects, and draw her with the proper level of grace and awe that she deserves. -v-

Fortunately, I see creative minds think alike.  ^.^
Wai!!  ^v^

As far as her existing preconcept goes, though she'll look like a child/preadolescent, she will (as you say) be in fact very old, very powerful, very wise, utilitarian to a fault, very invigorating to talk with when she's in a good mood, and dreadfully frightening when she's not.  She is in fact a sorceress, and also quite prolific too considering how many daughters, grandaughters, clones, etc she's released into this world.  While she used to be a former draconian leader and staunch capitalist in her youth, age and the devastating Unix Wars of the early 90's have amounted to a drastic change of heart; leading to her efforts at reconciling the Unix and Linux types.  (Even though it's obvious there's a LONG way to go -- too many conflicting agendas, too much infighting, too many cultural differences, etc -- not to mention that her own temper doesn't help at times.)

Relative to other existing character types, you could say that the result I'm aiming for is for an inspirational lump sum of the following characters:

- Lady Eboshi (Mononoke Hime)
- Madame Suliman (Howl's Moving Castle)
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Thomas Harris novels/movies)
- Fleda Claes Johansson (Gunslinger Girl)

The issue of  a successor should get brought up a lot, as she constantly obsesses about her own obsolesence but yet trusts very few of her own progeny and is apprehensive about nominating someone outside of the bloodline (like Linux-tan).  Her greatest hope lies in the hybrid systems (e.g., z/OS, Nexenta, AIX), but naturally she keeps other options on the table.

NewYinzer

Quote- Lady Eboshi (Mononoke Hime)
- Madame Suliman (Howl's Moving Castle)
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Thomas Harris novels/movies)
- Fleda Claes Johansson (Gunslinger Girl)

Ohh...there she is. As for new Operating System Girls, I'd suggest a Microsoft BASIC-tan. The first OS from Big Bro. Written for *gasp* the Apple ][!

C-Chan

Apple ][, eh....?  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

*sly look*

Hmmm.....

*grabs vector pen tool*

*plots circle*

*bends node #1 down to create red apple shape*

*plots closed two-node line on top*

*shifts paths outward on either end to form green leaf shape*

*duplicates red apple shape*

*converts it to black, transparency 15%*

*shift nodes #1 & 4 to the right, to complete proper shading effect*

*activates Text tool*

*types in "BASIC" in Arial Black font*

*morphs text to form right size and shape over the red apple*

*groups all 4 components*

*sticks completed "BASIC apple" into Lisa-tan's basket*

WOOHOO!! DONE!!!!  MAJOR COP OUT COMPLETE!!!!!
Problem-solved!!  ^V^

BASIC does seem more of a programming language, though (RISC-tan was presumably first written almost entirely in BBC-Basic).  But it does beg the question where do programming languages fit into the OS-tanverse.  

Hmm........ -___-

*ponders*

C-Chan added the following  1 hour 50 minutes after last message :

I came up with an OS-tan "roadmap" for -tans I'd like to draw, seen drawn or at least mentioned.  All of them grouped based on the factions I have currently set up.

Would you like to see the list?  'v'

It's a pretty-darn big list, btw, and hardly complete since there's just TOO MANY DARN OS-tans out there!  >_<
(now I see why the original creators just stuck with Windows and Mac-tans.... Ã,¬__Ã,¬')
But I do hope to add more as I continue my research, and I could certainly use your help.  ^__^
(To add more -tans,  to add more factions, to make sure they're in the right faction, to come up with story ideas, etc.)

I kew there was life outside of Macs and Windows, but seriously,... this puts a new spin on "brave new world".  @__@;

C-Chan added the following  4 minutes after last message :

QuoteAcorn Archimedes-tan would be interesting!

One last thing,...

Acorn Archimedes is still hardware-tan.
But how 'bout I offer ya an Acorn MOS instead?  ^__^

Alfamille

QuoteI came up with an OS-tan "roadmap" for -tans I'd like to draw, seen drawn or at least mentioned. All of them grouped based on the factions I have currently set up.

Would you like to see the list? 'v'

It's a pretty-darn big list, btw, and hardly complete since there's just TOO MANY DARN OS-tans out there! >_<
(now I see why the original creators just stuck with Windows and Mac-tans.... Ã,¬__Ã,¬')
But I do hope to add more as I continue my research, and I could certainly use your help. ^__^
(To add more -tans, to add more factions, to make sure they're in the right faction, to come up with story ideas, etc.)

I kew there was life outside of Macs and Windows, but seriously,... this puts a new spin on "brave new world". @__@;

I kinda recognize the effort of you making each OSes each own -tan, however it would really help if we kinda hire more artist to help that goal you've been achieving (but im not telling you to give up if there's no one around :P )

Yes and I agree with you, there are some OS-tans or kuns or other OSes that haven't got any tans or kuns to bring life and give a good character.

Kami-Tux

I would like to see the OS-list. Maybe one of them inspires me again...

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!