How to put your favorite OS-Tan In your windows start screen

Started by AlanRozenKreuz, January 14, 2008, 06:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanRozenKreuz

This is a tutorial to put in your img from the Os-tan in the windows start screen

Firts Download this Auto-extractble file:
(Tune up utilities2007(sorry is in spañish)Patch, img Os-tan pro y homeko)

http://rapidshare.com/files/83871479/TuneUputilities-_XPtan-PorAlanRozenKreuz.exe.html

Install  The software apply the patch, and execute it, then open Tune up Styler

EnJoy!

NejinOniwa

...or you can use something somewhat less likely to eat your computer raw, like Stardock BootScreen. I know from personal experience that messing with system files for performance ain't worth it anywhere, and messing with 'em for the sake of bloody VISUALS sure as hell ain't.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

AlanRozenKreuz

No, stardock bootscreen dont work to good, (in my pc no) for that i tried to search more software like this

NejinOniwa

Bella

Quote...or you can use something somewhat less likely to eat your computer raw, like Stardock BootScreen. I know from personal experience that messing with system files for performance ain't worth it anywhere, and messing with 'em for the sake of bloody VISUALS sure as hell ain't.

I concur -__-

Dos

"...and these children that you spit on,
as they try to change their worlds are
immune to your consultations.  They\'re
quite aware of what they\'re going through...
                                       - David Bowie"
Well it nice to meet now i have to go now
speak softly but carry a big stick

today is a summer service day, today is a summer service day, lets all go together to the blue blue sea, beach volleyball smashing watermelons it\'ll be so much fun we\'ll never leave. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh" *head bobbles like an idiot*
believe in me, who believes in you

Mr. Penguin

Well, considering I have no idea what either of those programs are...perhaps someone could actually make use of this thread to properly explain how to do it without destroying your computer? :D[/size]
Signature in progress, please hold.

Alfamille

Meh. Risk is a part of the game whenever an individual deals with software programs whether it was given the best instruction manual or not.

Bella

Well there's risk with everything. But messing with the boot screen is an unnecessary risk : |

NejinOniwa

HAY GUISE I HAS A BLUE HOMEKO FOR MAI BOOTSCREEN

-w-; eheheheheh...

Odin Yggdrasil

If I recall there was a program out there called TweakXP or something like that which allowed you to edit the Windows Graphics. I'd have to find it again, though it was less likely to mess up your computer royally you still had to proceed with extreme caution as critical system files were involved.

Though I wonder what would happen if I put Vis-tan's graphic on my XP...

Edit: Nevermind, TweakXP is something else. Though I know I did this before to XP and 2000.

NejinOniwa

You're looking for StyleXP from TGTSoft. It does work, however the method it uses isn't really all that great - it creates a separate entry in your boot.ini file wherein the bootscreen you want is contained. Thus you are given the choices of, say, "Windows XP Professional" and "Windows XP Professional [Bootscreen]" upon startup. That's why I prefer Stardock BootScreen for this purpose.
(plus, while not a problem for me, StyleXP isn't free.)

Odin Yggdrasil

I found the program I was looking for, it's a freeware utility called ResourceHacker. Literally it allows you to edit the images and text contained in almost any windows system file, but when used (with extreme caution) on NTOSKRNL.exe it is possible to replace the splash screen that appears when windows boots up with it as it is really a standard .BMP format image inside.

NejinOniwa

no doing things the easy way for you, huh? i like that. -w-

Odin Yggdrasil

XP-tan loves it when you gently massage her internal parameters while very carefully making improvements, that's why my computers perform so much better than other PCs of similar hardware builds. To this day my three year old laptop running XP SP2 will run circles around almost all new standard-load systems, even ones that do have XP on them.

Vis-tan didn't like that so much, she kind of imploded when I tried that for some reason. Though likely I just didn't find her sweet spot yet, and will have to reload Vista on something and get familiar with it like I did for XP.

But to really do this right, it has to be done by hand. Using a utility to perform a task that involves editing the file which holds the Windows Kernel is just asking to get viruses.