Reviews on Gaming

Started by ShinraKenshin, May 02, 2005, 08:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L33t 4g3nt

I don't think so...Dreamcast probably had more sales during it's prime, WHEN COMPARING IT WITH PS2 SALES WHEN PS2 WAS RELEASED!!!! And ever since then, PS2 has led the console sales charts ever since then.

I hope you realize that no matter how many times you attempt to bring up an arguement saying how something else that is obviously older and obsolete 'whooped' PS2, YOU WILL FAIL.

Online gaming is so much more user friendly with the PS2. Do you know why? BECAUSE IT IS FREE! When SOCOM II came out, it was on the top of the charts of most played online console shooter. When HALO2 came out soon after, gaming magazines and websites quoted the representatives of Zipper, the creators of SOCOM II, who said that when HALO2 went online, it did not even dent the amount of online users for SOCOM II. (*note* this is not taking into account PC online gaming, which is a separate genre)

Graphics-hardware-wise, PS2 is a year older than xbox, but PS2 and PS2 games are able push the limits of the very open-ended PS2 graphics hardware. Look at Metal Gear Solid III. It came out on PS2, and at the same time a NEW Splinter Cell was coming out on xbox. I can quote from hundreds of gaming review sites and even magazines that MGS3 was shown to have superior graphics than Splinter Cell.

Your arguement that Capcom is not going to release Resident Evil 4 on PS2 is completely false. Capcom IS going to release Resident Evil 4 on the PS2.

QUOTE (Jeff Gerstmann @  GameSpot (05/19/05))
As part of its annual E3 press conference, Capcom showed a small trailer of a very big game: Resident Evil 4 for the PlayStation 2. Unfortunately, because it was a pretty brief trailer with no playable version available, it's difficult to tell how this one's shaping up, but so far, so good...

The PlayStation 2 version of Resident Evil 4 is expected to ship later this year.[/quote]

On and another thing. Do you know your beloved Namco X Capcom game? Do yo unknow what console it is coming out on? Guess what...It's coming out on the PlayStation 2.

-------

As a side note. If it is possible, I ask of you to please refrain from using informal, uncivilized, and 'un-spellchecked' diction in your posts. It is not very convincing, nor is it professional and civilized, for you to post by using un-necessary adjectives and/or swearing to provide support/defense for your rebuttal.

L33t 4g3nt

I forgot to add something that is of extreme importance to the Resident Evil arguement...

QUOTE (Resident Evil 4 coming to PS2: Formerly GameCube-exclusive entry in Capcom's survival horror series will appear on PlayStation 2 in 2005.)
Capcom announced today that the long-awaited follow-up to its popular survival horror franchise, which was originally scheduled to appear only on the GameCube console, is also headed to Sony's PlayStation 2.

The PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 is currently slated to be released at the end of 2005 in Japan, the US, and Europe. The GameCube version is still scheduled for a January 2005 release in the US and Japan, followed by a spring release in Europe.

In a statement released today, Capcom revealed that the decision to make Resident Evil 4 go cross-platform was based on requests from fans worldwide, in addition to market considerations and shareholder requests. The statement also made mention that each version of the game will be developed to take advantage of the strengths of its intended platform.

In September 2001, Capcom held a press conference in Tokyo to announce that the Resident Evil series would thereafter be released exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube. Capcom first produced a visually overhauled remake of the very first Resident Evil title, which was originally released for the PlayStation in the mid-'90s, and followed suit with a brand-new prequel called Resident Evil 0 and ports of Resident Evil 2, 3, and Code: Veronica.

However, as soon as the deal was cemented between Capcom and Nintendo, cracks started to appear. Early in 2002, Capcom announced that an online Resident Evil title, Resident Evil: Outbreak, was exclusively headed to the PlayStation 2. Later that year, the publisher seemed to reaffirm its relationship with Nintendo when it announced four more GameCube-exclusive games alongside Resident Evil 4. Then, one of them, Dead Phoenix, was canceled, and PS2 versions of two of the other games, Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7, were subsequently announced. Nevertheless, if Capcom sticks to the current release plan, Resident Evil 4 will remain exclusive to the GameCube hardware for roughly one year.

By Chris Kohler, GameSpot  POSTED: 10/31/04 07:56 PM[/quote]

I would like to center your attention on the timestamp at the bottom of the article "10/31/04." Please not that Resident Evil 4 came out in January of 2005, while the assumed release date of Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 is in the end of 2005, near November.

Here is the link, if you are not satisfied: Resident Evil 4 coming to PS2

ShinraKenshin

sighs* looking at the resident evil for the ps2 reminds me of code veronica that came out for it on the ps2 ....really lame...seriously not a good come back . As far I would love to continue to talk about my emphasis on video game consoles and how the ps2 is still even now is still obsolite crap sorry bud , but that's just how I feel about it period. Btw Resident evil 4 way better on the game cube then on the ps2 seriously your going to have huge loading times on that bs . Its the same crap they pulled off when they did code veronica X . LIKE OMG 5 EXTRAS MINUTES OF MOVIE AWESOME( yeah right) .

Apart from this said sorry but now I will stop posting on this thread due to the fact nothing is going to get done from this. I got better things to do and run now good bye playstation fan boy.

ps. All three system's are still good none the less period.  

L33t 4g3nt

ShinraKenshin

L33t 4g3nt

QUOTE (ShinraKenshin @ Jun 22 2005, 02:18 PM)
sighs* looking at the resident evil for the ps2 reminds me of code veronica that came out for it on the ps2 ....really lame...seriously not a good come back . As far I would love to continue to talk about my emphasis on video game consoles and how the ps2 is still even now is still obsolite crap sorry bud , but that's just how I feel about it period. Btw Resident evil 4 way better on the game cube then on the ps2 seriously your going to have huge loading times on that bs . Its the same crap they pulled off when they did code veronica X . LIKE OMG 5 EXTRAS MINUTES OF MOVIE AWESOME( yeah right) .

Apart from this said sorry but now I will stop posting on this thread due to the fact nothing is going to get done from this. I got better things to do and run now good bye playstation fan boy.

ps. All three system's are still good none the less period. [/quote]
You are so immature and conceited. You posted such a weak ending arguement. If this were a professional gaming review debate, it would be obvious that you had no other tools to argue with. You have shown that you have used up all means to further this debate when you included this statement:

"I will stop posting on this thread due to the fact nothing is going to get done from this. I got better things to do and run now good bye playstation fan boy.

ps. All three system's are still good none the less period.
"

We all have "better things" to do in life, but you could have had more curtesy if you had not chosen to include that obvious statement. I have better things to do than to argue with you, but since you kept putting up these trumped up claims, I feel that I have the right, the duty, to correct you and save you from embarrasing yourself if you bring up these claims elsewhere.

"Nothing is going to get done from this." This phrase reveals to readers that you concede. You have given up fighting. You cannot continue. You acknowledge to yourself that you lost. I can go on and on arguing against you, but you decide to throw in the towel. Throughout the debate, you brought up easily refutable/counterable statements for your defense that I countered with answers that were more solid and had the backing of other review in other more reputable sites.

"Playstation fan boy." How immature. Since age is almost anonymous here on the boards, unless you or I posted something concerning age somewhere else, we should all consider each other respectable adults.

Finally, last but not least: "All three systems are still good none the less, period." It would have been better to say that one systems is a "notch better than the rest," rather than weaken your claims that one system (xbox) is better than the rest by saying "all are good." All in all, this statement is not concrete enough to be used in an arguement where you are defending one system or another. It shows that you are wavering in your stance, which is not good. You need to keep a firm stance to assure your credibility. But since you chose the "path of least resistence" by stating all are good, you give up your stance and position.

Oh, before I post this:

QUOTE (Last Shouts)
by: ShinraKenshin
Btw I won that thread cause.... * shows badge* I control that fourm part XP[/quote]

"I control that forum part XP"

This clearly shows that you need to bring about some outside authority to try to influence your views and opinion that you have an upper hand in this debate. This is one of the most disgusting acts a person can do to attempt to close a debate. Another instance of this occuring is when you tried to close the topic. That's good we have an admin that understands the meaning of a good wholesome debate.

"I control that forum," is another example that reveals to all that you have been pusted into the corner and have no other options than to use this last trump card of yours.

My advice is that you should have backed out gracefully, rather than include this statement.

I would have backed out myself if you had brought up information that I, personally, could not find away to argue against. But seeing that I have the will to go on with this topic, shows that I am far from backing out.

I have to admit that I too have shown my lack of sportsmanship by posting that little "I win" post. I apologize. I regret having shown a little levity at the end of the debate. My deepest apologies.

------

Now that I have concluded my final words, you may go on believeing whatever you like about who truly won the debate. I just hope anyone else who reads this will find the claims stated here useful, even though the debate is a bit one sided.