Main Menu

Conventions!!

Started by rdhdtwns, February 15, 2007, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

man-faye has been losing weight recently... didn't see him this year. ^^
(saw him the last 2 years tho)

in any case, I'm back from AX07.  Missed Day 4 (today) and I will post highlights and pics when I'm less tired and/or lazy. hehe...

UltZero

I actually only just went to my first anime convention this year but it's going to be the first of many. I go to Anime North up here in Canada. It's over in Toronto though so the ride is a couple of hours to and from.

I didn't have a lot of money at the time, but next year I'll be prepared, and the year after that, and the year after that...

SleepyD

AN eh?

I know someone who works as staff there. In fact, I met her irl for the first time in AX's Artist's Alley.

oh, which reminds me, belated happy canada day. ^^

I so didn't connect the "eh" in my first statement and canada until just now. lol

UltZero

Thanks. ^^

And with regards to you knowing someone who works as staff there, it's a small world, isn't it?

SleepyD

it is isn't it? ^^

I got to see the SOS-dan in concert, and those girls are cute! >->
....yeah. ^^;

UltZero

At Anime North this year we had the premier of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Johnny Yong Bosch (who voices Koizumi in the english dub) was also there as the main judge for this SOS-dan dance-a-thon thing (perhaps the concert thing you were talking about? Or perhaps it was something more local... and by local I mean in your own country, which I'm assuming is the US). Several teams of people would take turns going and do the full dance segment that is partially shown during the credits. It was pretty neat. ^^

Also, I wasted most of the money I brought on the Sumumiya Haruhi Boxset which came with extra doodads and a poster. At the time, the Suzumiya Haruhi DVD had not yet been released, or so it was advertised. So me, being lucky and all, got to watch the volume 1 DVD of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya before many others.

SleepyD

haha, close, but this concert included the winners of said contest dancing along with Johnny Bosch, Stephanie Sheh, Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara, and Yuko Goto along with a large percentage of the audience in the arena. XD;

and by "those girls are cute" I meant those three seiyuu. :3

UltZero

Oh wow, Nice. I've never seen Aya Hirano or the others live. That's pretty much bragging rights right there. Also, yeah I'll bet they are pretty cute, from what I've seen in pictures they seem to be. ^^;

SleepyD

Anime Expo Report Day 1!!

http://sleepydoodler.deviantart.com/journal/13625097/

AX this year had its ups and downs... people are complaining, but I still had fun. ^^

Kyo-Chan

I go to the animethon! last year was my first year and i had ALOT of fun!

next year Im bringing my DDR machine agn!

^_^ everybody's looking forward to it
Piinatsubataa pururun nanji! wai oh wai oh Piinatsubataa pururun nanji!

NejinOniwa

UppCon starts this Friday, so I'll be gone over the weekend. -w-

/HYPE

>w<
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NejinOniwa

*wanders into thread*
Wooo...dusty.
*dusts off thread and old stuff*
Sorry, I'm late  ^-^;

Anyways! I forgot about posting about my convention visit in septober, since I had other stuff to do at the time. But now it's been done, and thank the dear Captain-san for reminding me of this thread's existence^-^;

This year at UppCon, which is the largest Swedish anime con (although in comparison to the american ones it's nothing at all, seeing it's only hosting 2000-something people over a single weekend) Nejin-ssu went as Visbou-kun , in order to see what cosplaying what like (first-timer) and to honor our dear forum and fandom. The comments i got from this were mostly of two kinds - "What is that you're cosplaying?" which gave me lots of trouble, due to Visbou-kun being obscure even among OS-tans - and "That's one savvy mesh shirt you've got there! Where'd you buy it? WHAT!? Handsewn!? Damnit, that's freaking awesome!" - which usually made me go tomato mode, if you know what I mean. Other things that happened quite randomly were the establishment the Boxman Fanclub (if you're wondering who the Boxman is, that's me, for obscurer-than-obscurest reasons), and my acquiring of a hat. That was probably the most random thing ever happened to me (possibly contested by last year's UppCon when I was randomly selected to make the sign for the Hentai room (which i had nothing to do with at all, i can add)), and went simply like this:
Nejin: *is playing Super Smash Bros Melee*
Dude: "Yo, boxman." *puts hat on Nejin's head*
Nejin: "Wha?"
Dude: *is gone*

...so, yeah, it was the regular type of insane Con, albeit small.
Anyways! The (only two of them! ^-^; ) pics from my cosplay are reposted here from Topicless, so I'll URL them for space. Anyways, here ya go! (except nothing much though ^^)
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/NejinOniwa/Myself/Cosplay/2007-06-30010.jpg http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/NejinOniwa/Myself/Cosplay/2007-06-30009.jpg
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Darknight_88

Last Sunday I went to a con here in Monterrey. "XXXI Convención de Juegos de Mesa y Comics"

Whoa, It was like a can of sardines, almost impossible to walk >_>. Cosplay...ugh, too much naruto and bleach. Srsly, there should be a limit...
Well, at least there was not a lot of Inuyasha cosplay.

I saw 2 decent Shanas, a Haruhi, a Yuki and a Mikuru. a good chidori and an AWESOME Suiseiseki. A shame my cellphone camera sucks.
Special mention to a Shippon (Uchuu no Stellvia). Never though I'd Stellvia cosplay at this time, in this place. >_>

I'm surprised I didn't saw any Lucky Star cosplay/merchandise.

And well...I HAS A RIN

Having just like 5 figs, I'm truly impressed by the detail of this. Friggin awesome.

CaptBrenden

A SABER OR ILYA IS SUPERIOR, BUT A RIN IS FINE TOO.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Darknight_88

Excuse me sir, but wtf are you saying?

A SABER OR AN ILYA ARE ALWAYS FINE TOO, BUT A RIN IS ALWAYS SUPERIOR. ALWAYS.

P.S: That reminds me, I saw also a decent Rider cosplay. But surprisingly, no Saber nor Rin were found.