OS-tan enemies (and battles)

Started by Bella, April 13, 2007, 08:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

I was wondering about known OS-tan enemies, and battles. System 7-tan and 95-san are known enemies, who have battled each other...OS/2-tan, NT-tan, and VMS-san are all known to hate each other, but have they ever fought each other? And System 8-tan was quite injured from OS battles, but who would have been against her (I usually think the 98-tans, because System 8 was around from 97-99...)

Kami-Tux

I can think of fights of Linux-tan vs the Windows-tans (Juzo-kun drew Linux-tan attacking the XP-kun), OS/2-tan vs Win3.1-tan, Minix-tan surely fought Linux-tan ("Linux is obsolete" is the start of one of the most famous flamewars in the history of the 'net*), BeOS vs Win98(?)...

* http://www.xach.com/linux_is_obsolete.html

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Raymond_dunes

Well .... think about fights .... I can't forget MacOS Tans ..... maybe this will be a total war zone.......
after all i think that linux tan will win

:)

cheers!

Alfamille

As far as the Mac-tans side goes, I really believe they stayed out of the war for almost a decade.

I just think every OS except for Windows went to have a counter-culture rather aiming at whole marketshare :)

95Direct

The only thing I can recall is Generic Mac vs 95-tan during the mid 90s. Then again the OS-wars were Concurrent to the Console-Wars between Nintento and Sega. At least the OS-wars happened after the Cola Wars of the 80s.

NewYinzer

The current OS war is more interesting than the 95 vs Mac fight of the 90's. Think of it like WWII was - a war all over the world, with many different fronts. Here is a simple history of the OS War as I see it:

First OS War (1977-1989): The Mac Empire, with its base in Europe (Home and artist users), fights the evil IBM Empire in Asia (Business users). Having lost Russia, IBM fights back with the IBM PC, forcing the Mac Empire back to Europe. They make an alliance with the Windows Empire in the steppes of Mongolia (highly specialized users of BASIC), and defeat Mac using the latest tool, Windows 1.0.

Second OS War (1989-2001): The Windows Empire takes control of IBM's empire. From its base in Asia it takes Europe from the Mac Empire, forcing them into England (Artist users). However, the Exiled general of Mac, Steve Jobs, returns with a fearsome new weapon to colonize Africa (MP3 players and periperals): the iPod. However, Windows has banished Mac from Europe.

Third OS War (2001-present): The Windows Empire controls Asia (Business computer market) and most of Europe (Home user market), and it fights with the Mac Empire, based in England (Artist user market). The Mac Empire has managed to colonize much of Africa (MP3 player and peripheral market), and now wants to control the Middle East (cell phone and portable market), once the domain of the portable OSes. A successful invasion of Norway by the Mac Empire has the Windows empire in turmoil, but they strike back with their new weapons - Vista and the Zune. Now fighting Mac in both Europe and Africa, new turmoil engulfs the Middle East, with Windows Portable fighting the iPhone and factions of portable OSes. North and South America remain unknown markets, but they will be a battlefield in the near future. Australia (video games), once the province of the Nintendo and Sony Empires, has been invaded by Windows. Mac's expedition to take Sydney with the Pippin failed years earlier, but Windows has successfully taken its share out of the continent. However, the Linux Revolution has spread through both the Mac and Windows Empires, and threatens to take over the world from their base in Japan (science and educational market).

NejinOniwa

D00d. yinz. Seriously, draw a comic.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NaGeL

Yeah i would LOVe a Os war comic ^^

Spysweeper

Can't forget the console wars

Wii vs ps3 vs xbox 360 and xbox 360 elite

Gussy Keniji

Yesh, I agree that an OS war comic would be pretty cool

Also Viruses play a part as enemies: Once annoying trouble makers, now big time villians causing more than just causing a little annoyance in the world...

"Wut..."

Spysweeper

yeah I love a serious comic or manga made of this cool art story and everything.

Also in a way we human users can be considered enimies such as hackers.

Gussy Keniji

Oh yes can't forget about the haxors

...hm, I wonder how do you 'hack' an OS-tan...

"Wut..."

NaGeL

anou... i know an perv way ^^"
but
maybe that how like people use pshyology(i hope i wrote it right) on each other to manipulate them, maybe the hacker uses somthing simmilar to this.

windowsgirl

I really don't know about os-wars, but I would like to see an os-tan comic!
Neptune: the OS that never was

Bella

QuoteThe current OS war is more interesting than the 95 vs Mac fight of the 90's. Think of it like WWII was - a war all over the world, with many different fronts. Here is a simple history of the OS War as I see it:

First OS War (1977-1989): The Mac Empire, with its base in Europe (Home and artist users), fights the evil IBM Empire in Asia (Business users). Having lost Russia, IBM fights back with the IBM PC, forcing the Mac Empire back to Europe. They make an alliance with the Windows Empire in the steppes of Mongolia (highly specialized users of BASIC), and defeat Mac using the latest tool, Windows 1.0.

Second OS War (1989-2001): The Windows Empire takes control of IBM's empire. From its base in Asia it takes Europe from the Mac Empire, forcing them into England (Artist users). However, the Exiled general of Mac, Steve Jobs, returns with a fearsome new weapon to colonize Africa (MP3 players and periperals): the iPod. However, Windows has banished Mac from Europe.

Third OS War (2001-present): The Windows Empire controls Asia (Business computer market) and most of Europe (Home user market), and it fights with the Mac Empire, based in England (Artist user market). The Mac Empire has managed to colonize much of Africa (MP3 player and peripheral market), and now wants to control the Middle East (cell phone and portable market), once the domain of the portable OSes. A successful invasion of Norway by the Mac Empire has the Windows empire in turmoil, but they strike back with their new weapons - Vista and the Zune. Now fighting Mac in both Europe and Africa, new turmoil engulfs the Middle East, with Windows Portable fighting the iPhone and factions of portable OSes. North and South America remain unknown markets, but they will be a battlefield in the near future. Australia (video games), once the province of the Nintendo and Sony Empires, has been invaded by Windows. Mac's expedition to take Sydney with the Pippin failed years earlier, but Windows has successfully taken its share out of the continent. However, the Linux Revolution has spread through both the Mac and Windows Empires, and threatens to take over the world from their base in Japan (science and educational market).

How has this thread been hiding from me!

That's an interesting take on it! I certainly wouldn't have been able to come up with all of that O__O

(I seem to think about the OS wars on an individual basis, aka NT-san's conquering of the server market, or System 7-tan's failed attempt to take out 95-tan : | )