OS-Tan Animated Desktop Assistant Project

Started by deusprogrammer, September 06, 2007, 09:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

You know, I have noticed that DeusEx seems particularly shy about his artwork.  ^__^

Guess I'll need to post it up for him till he breaks out of that.... fufufu.... ^.^

Added after 1 minutes:

It's a very lovely and colorful piece, and from what I can tell very quickly drawn.  You must tell us what you use to draw these (I'm guessing something raster-based like Photoshop).  ^^

deusprogrammer

Yep, just Photoshop ^//^.  I am a hack at best though.  I can't hold a candle to a lot of the folks on here.  I just draw because it lets me express something that programming can't do alone.  I downloaded Inkscape though to give it a try.  I will post some experimentation when I have a chance.

C-Chan

QuoteYep, just Photoshop ^//^. I am a hack at best though. I can't hold a candle to a lot of the folks on here. I just draw because it lets me express something that programming can't do alone. I downloaded Inkscape though to give it a try. I will post some experimentation when I have a chance.

Fufufu... Oh no, we have artistic self-deprecator.  ^.^;

Don't worry, though.... ^__^
The longer you stick around here, the more you'll realize that we don't mind how you draw as much as how OFTEN you draw.  In my opinion, someone who draws very often will do a lot more to encourage other shy artists to do the same, than someone who draws really well but may only post once or twice a year (although in fairness, breathtaking artwork helps inspire already-established artists to evolve their style).

In addition to that, you're drawing style is very damn good for a self-proclaimed "hack".  Even if I play along with the whole candle bit, it won't be long before we start coming to YOU for artistic advice.  ^^

Especially if you get acquainted with vector graphics through Inkscape....  ^.^

FYI....

*enters shameless plug mode*

...I'm starting an Inkscape tutorial that will eventually cover Anime renditions using vector graphics.  I just started and am still at the basics, but if you'd like to follow along it's available here:

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-625.html

deusprogrammer

I have already started reading your tutorial ^^.  It's very well written.  The things I need pointers on from the boards is on my proportions...I can't get them right sometimes.  And other than that is every artist's scourge...hands <_<

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"may only post once or twice a year
senti la pedradada >_>
Y dolio T_T

Personally, I prefer quality over quantity. But unfortunately, I'm still far from both. All I can do now is decent mixed with QUALITY. And I'm slower than slowpoke >_>

But keep practicing, that's the only way to achieve both.

C-Chan

Quotesenti la pedradada >_>
Y dolio T_T

Jaja!!  Ay no mames, si as hecho mas de 8 dibujes desde que llegue aqui....! -v-

Course, if you want to insert yourself in the crossfire that's purely up to you, but boy does that mean ya need to get yourself a healthy dose of self-confidence, son.  ^___^

QuoteI have already started reading your tutorial ^^. It's very well written. The things I need pointers on from the boards is on my proportions...I can't get them right sometimes. And other than that is every artist's scourge...hands <_<

Thanks, and yeah don't sweat the proportions and hands as I'll be covering that as well.  You can approach it flawlessly if you use tools, but if you intend to draw it freehand, it will take practice, practice, practice and a healthy dash of analysis.  ^__^

If you have a PDA (or iat least a small sketchpad) on you and something approximating a non-driving commute, you can probably practice sketching your own hands each day.  The Captain told that to me once and it works very well, plus it gives me ideas on how best to approach this rather sensitive topic in the tutorials so that it needn't be a scourge much longer.

For now, when you think hands,... think "WL".  ^^

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Quotesenti la pedradada >_>
Y dolio T_T

Jaja!!  Ay no mames, si as hecho mas de 8 dibujes desde que llegue aqui....! -v-

Let's see...95-combat suit and OS/2 in 2006. 95-tan wallpaper, Gamma-tan and Kotonoha in 2007. And Vis-tan may be finished somewhere this year

So no, only 5 drawings in 2 years :D. And If I say that 95-combat suit its more like a test drawing than a finished drawing...

And no, sketches do not count

So yeah, I'm not paranoid at all :P

C-Chan

Sketches don't count now, eh?  `v'

Sorry to OT your thread, DeusEx, but can you turn around for a second while I strangle Darknight a little?  ^___^

Thank you.....  ^.^

*STRANGLE STRANGLE STRANGLE *  >0<

Darknight_88

*Flash move*

No, they don't count :P

And anyway, it's not like I have posted a lot of sketches anyway.

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"
The one i gave you the link to is sort of a docked window, but it has buttons for computer shutdown and restart, and is voiced and animated much. Not a full-body view of XP-sama (it's her, if you didn't know already), but a good thing regardless. And I don't know of the SOS-DAN /img's helpers, but I have seen some Lucky Star ones over at AnimeSuki forums, though. Wouldn't surprise me if the SOS-dan had them, though, seeing as they're way bigger. I'll check their forums.

//Nei
Right now can't dl'd, but I 'll check ASAP.
Also, I didn't saw those haruhi deskmates there, I remember seeing them on 4chan, but they linked back to the SOS-dan imageboard. I think there was one of Mai from Manabi Straight. Though, looking at that board might be a problem since there are tons of pages...

Bella

This is a very ambitious project! I hope that everyone here can help you :)

And I think a mini format would be good, at least at first...

Rakuin

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
Quote from: "C-Chan"may only post once or twice a year
senti la pedradada >_>
Y dolio T_T

Personally, I prefer quality over quantity. But unfortunately, I'm still far from both. All I can do now is decent mixed with QUALITY. And I'm slower than slowpoke >_>

But keep practicing, that's the only way to achieve both.
Hey!, could it be, you do know spanish as well!?
by the way, i don't think it should be much of a problem, if you need help you should ask, and since if i'm not wrong you did already, you are going to get it most likely...
by the way, i'm learning a bit about graphics engines, i didn't learn enough to be able to help, but i'll do my best in order to do so, as well, i'll add something else....

Waving hand = when you decide to shutdown the system
and dunno, should do something when one is "really busy" and doesn't pay attention at all to her

well then, i wish this project the best!
let's do the best!
o_o Fedora-tan... i'm your slave!!!! xDDDDDDD
Forever Love and Fun, until the Morning Sun

C-Chan

Of course, che?
How else would I know about "che", che?  ^____^

That's also Darknight talking, although he rarely shows up these days.

Thanks for the offer, but as you can see from the date of this thread, we haven't touched it in ages.  Unless you want to take up the flag, I think it'll stay untouched.  ^^;

Rakuin

I'll be learning it the faster i can, in order to, if nobody appears here, be able to take the task
dunno, from what i was told, many refer to Ernesto Guevara as the "che" or the "che Guevara"

besides 2 more things, i want to really, do my best for this forum and the os-tans xDD
and even though "some tans would forguive me", i would not forgive myself for failing here, and dunno
well then, ja'ne!

C-Chan

Actually, I use "che" not out of reference to Ernesto Guevara, but just cause I thought everyone in Argentina used "che" in everything, not unlike how everyone around me ends their phrases with "güey".  ^^

In any event, hope you've checked out all the latest OS-tans here.  ^___^

Rakuin

i have been checking a lot of things on os-tans, and i found the "Annex" quite interesting
it's okay, and true, in "my times" almost everybody used "che", sadly, today not many do use it, and instead use other words, usually to show what "group you do belong to", be it either the dark or gothic culture, the ones the syndicates, mafias or whatever it's said in english, influenced most, political groups, but somehow in the middle of all that the "che" as well as most of our "lunfardo" is being lost, kind of like OS/2-tan or maybe like VMS-tan, but worse *sweatdrops*

i do use it every some time, and reading it on this forum kinda cheered me up, my dad used it a lot xDDDDD

and about me checking the os-tans here is no problem

question off post -> do you know where i can find some programming language that would do it for this, "project" of this topic?
i'm not too sure yet on how much time it'd take for me, but i'd really like to take it, at least part of it, i'm not good at making cg's and the rest of the artwork

well then, wish you the best!
by the way (optional personal question) where do you live?