Gussy's Art Thread

Started by Gussy Keniji, July 30, 2007, 09:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Yo Gus-san!  ^__^
Thank you for contributing such excellent artwork to our forum!  ^v^
It's very important for everyone to do their part in making this site a bustling hub of creativity, and I'm glad that in my absence there have been talented individuals such as yourself that have taken up the slack!  ^V^

And even though you did express some concern about your drawing style in your first post, I like it and I definitely see a definitive understanding of Anime elements as well as proportions.  Besides, with each passing drawing I see an evolutionary improvement of your drawing style. -- combine that with your breakneck speed, and you'll be a manga guru in no time flat!  Cause after all, you not only win in drawing, but also in the department of character development!!  ^v^

Unfortunately there's just way too much to say about your drawings, and I'm a bit short on time, so I'll just put everything to the well-established fact that a picture is worth "a thousand words"....

Like Tsubashi-san corrected, Infinity-san did create three Virus-tans and plus there's Viru-tan from the Nijiura.com board, but I love your new additions to the Windoze-eating family and so came up with a way to integrate them all into one big happy family:

Just to clarify, this is done in Infinity Zero Vision style!  So even though infinity-san isn't around, consider this a de facto collaborative project + welcome gift to you as our newest artist to the OSC forum.  ^.^
The blue bordered ones were drawn by Infinity-san, the green ones are my own cheap-but-still-rendered-with-pride knock-offs.  ^v^

I hope you like, you deserve it!  ^.^

Added after 13 minutes:

BTW, of all your Viru-tans, I have to shamefully admit that my favorite one is,... hands-down,... Acme-sama.....

She's adorable AND a throwback to my Road Runner/Wile E Coyote viewing years, so I "lovez" her quite a lot.  ^___________^

zjhentohlauedy

Wow. At first look i thought infinity-zero-sama was back!

Great job there C-cha....oooops. I mean Don C. That was some quick work as well!
My my, aren't you lovely~

C-Chan

Hohoho... I had forgotten about my mafiaso alter ego....  ^.^

Thanks a mil, Fighting Bunny!  ^v^
It's been a long time since I tried doing an Infinity Zero Vision bootleg, and actually this is my first time I did so for human characters (usually it was just with a certain black pig).  Don't know why I got the urge to do so,... something about Gus-san's drawings and virus premise just made the cogwheels in my brain turn.  ^___^;

Abraxas-chan took a while to do since I was trying to painstakingly emulate every facet of Infinity-san's basic template.  But once that got going, the rest of them were a cinch timewise.  Theoretically-speaking, once additional eyes/mouths/glasses/hand positions/special effects are made, creating additional poses for each character will be as easy as assembling a Mr. Potato Head.  And to create new ones would require redrawing only the hair, clothing and altering the eye color.  Indeed, the design concept is simple yet powerfully-effective and extremely cute to boot -- best of all, it wouldn't be too hard to learn how to create your own Mini.  -v-

Now back to Gus-san, I reckon it's a bit too early for him to take requests, especially since he seems determined to work on Virus-tans in alpha-order (beginning with A's).  But if requests are in order, I would probably have to vouch for a Melissa-tan.  Given the wide-spread havoc she caused, I'd envision her as one of Viru-sama's top generals (not unlike the Mazoku Generals from the Slayers series).

Gussy Keniji

QuoteYo Gus-san! ^__^
Thank you for contributing such excellent artwork to our forum! ^v^
It's very important for everyone to do their part in making this site a bustling hub of creativity, and I'm glad that in my absence there have been talented individuals such as yourself that have taken up the slack! ^V^

And even though you did express some concern about your drawing style in your first post, I like it and I definitely see a definitive understanding of Anime elements as well as proportions. Besides, with each passing drawing I see an evolutionary improvement of your drawing style. -- combine that with your breakneck speed, and you'll be a manga guru in no time flat! Cause after all, you not only win in drawing, but also in the department of character development!! ^v^

Unfortunately there's just way too much to say about your drawings, and I'm a bit short on time, so I'll just put everything to the well-established fact that a picture is worth "a thousand words"....

Like Tsubashi-san corrected, Infinity-san did create three Virus-tans and plus there's Viru-tan from the Nijiura.com board, but I love your new additions to the Windoze-eating family and so came up with a way to integrate them all into one big happy family:

Just to clarify, this is done in Infinity Zero Vision style! So even though infinity-san isn't around, consider this a de facto collaborative project + welcome gift to you as our newest artist to the OSC forum. ^.^
The blue bordered ones were drawn by Infinity-san, the green ones are my own cheap-but-still-rendered-with-pride knock-offs. ^v^

I hope you like, you deserve it! ^.^

Heh, thanx C-chan I truly appreciate your kind words, and for the welcome gift/de facto collabritive project. Acme-sama is indeed adorable, and seeing her in Infinity Zero Vision makes her even MORE adorbale :3

Hmm, while I'm at it...

-Newcomer- Bliss-tan

Bliss-tan- A happy go lucky Virus-tan, Bliss-tan is probably one of the most mysterious Viru-tans around, for the simple (or rather, not so simple) fact that she acts so little like a virus and causes little to no trouble at all (Abraxas-tan is an expection to this, for her personality maybe similar to Bliss-tans, but it's due to a bug in her progamming therefore, it's not her TRUE nature). Bliss-tan was noted as one of the first 'Viruses' to be able to 'infect' the Lunix/Unix-tans, but the only thing known to be of a nuisance was the fact that she attached herself to the victim (klinging to them rather cutely) which would sometimes obstruct the Lunix/Unix-tans from normal tasks, if asked to leave she will thank them for their time and leave as she was asked to (A referance to the true Bliss virus, for it has a a command line action named '-bliss-uninfect-files please'. If executed, the virus will actually remove itself from the infected files). Due to her behavior she was never isolated, and is kept among the Lunix/Unix-tans, which marks her as the 1st Viru-tan to co-exsist with OS-tans without causing any real upset in balance. Bliss-tan is capable of flight, and is sometimes seen flying in the sky when she goes outside to play. As of now, no one seems to know why Bliss-tan isn't as malicious as her fellow virus-tans, some even believe she shouldn't even be classified a virus. Her appearance is based off 2 pokemon, Happiny (Chansey's pre-evolved stage) for her prodominant pink color as well as the fact that Bliss-tan is depicted to look rather young, and Clefairy (her angel-like wings) both of said pokemon have something relevent to the concept of Happiness (Happiny having the word 'Happy in her name, and Clefairy who can be alternatively obtained when it's baby form, Cleffa, harbours great affection towards it's trainer). Bliss-tan's personality is derived from her name, which is another meaning for 'Happiness' or 'Joy', the fact that the only 'infection' she can inflict is klinging to her victim is yet another referance to the Bliss virus.

-Also I don't mind requests, C-chan ^^

"Wut..."

C-Chan

You're more than welcome, Gus-san.  ^___^
If you don't mind, I think I'll use Acme-san as my experimental Infinity Zero character template.  Of course you'll have access to the source when I'm done, so you too can poser her in 20+ combinations, or create your own mini (assuming the experiment works).  ^.^

As for Bliss-tan, what can I say?  She's cute as a button, and as pink as Chibiusa!  ^v^
If I stare at the glorious display of pink sugariness any longer, I'll need insulin shots.  ^__^

It does make her rather special that she's a *Nix virus, since those are rare and few, and (as with Bliss-chan) rarely destructive.  Only with Linux/Unix could you possible get benign viruses... truly the sanctity of Life...!  ^v^

As for why she was created, I reckon it's just for the author to prove that he/she could.  While the majority of virus writers today are lifeless young dolts, and/or are working covertly for the major anti-virus firms and security software firms (to help keep them in business), it would seem that old-school virus writers tends to be more idealistic, hence it's no surprise that one of them came out with such a harmless virus.

In any event, I know of a certain pink sugar heart maiden who's gonna get "'Mini'fied" tonight!  ^v^

Quote-Also I don't mind requests, C-chan ^^

Okey-doke!  ^__^
In that case, I cast my vote on a Melissa-san.  `v'
Not necessarily now,... just when you reach the "M's".  ^___^

Aurora Borealis

That Bliss-tan is so adorable! And her clinging onto others is so cute I must draw it! :D (In fact, that will be my next picture idea!)

I think she now my favorite of the virus-tans! (sorry, Acme-tan!) I also like Bliss-tan because she's very different from the other virus-tans, one that is pretty much harmless and able to co-exist with OS-tans!

But before I end this post, I have a couple of questions.

1. What does it exactly mean for a virus to be isolated?

2. What is the Melissa virus?

Gussy Keniji

QuoteYou're more than welcome, Gus-san. ^___^
If you don't mind, I think I'll use Acme-san as my experimental Infinity Zero character template. Of course you'll have access to the source when I'm done, so you too can poser her in 20+ combinations, or create your own mini (assuming the experiment works). ^.^

As for Bliss-tan, what can I say? She's cute as a button, and as pink as Chibiusa! ^v^
If I stare at the glorious display of pink sugariness any longer, I'll need insulin shots. ^__^

It does make her rather special that she's a *Nix virus, since those are rare and few, and (as with Bliss-chan) rarely destructive. Only with Linux/Unix could you possible get benign viruses... truly the sanctity of Life...! ^v^

As for why she was created, I reckon it's just for the author to prove that he/she could. While the majority of virus writers today are lifeless young dolts, and/or are working covertly for the major anti-virus firms and security software firms (to help keep them in business), it would seem that old-school virus writers tends to be more idealistic, hence it's no surprise that one of them came out with such a harmless virus.

In any event, I know of a certain pink sugar heart maiden who's gonna get "'Mini'fied" tonight! ^v^

Quote:
-Also I don't mind requests, C-chan ^^

Okey-doke! ^__^
In that case, I cast my vote on a Melissa-san. `v'
Not necessarily now,... just when you reach the "M's". ^___^

Sure, go right ahead dood, I don't mind in the least ^^d and thank you

Yeah *Nix viruses are a rarity, for most that were intended not to cause any damage (i.e. the Morris worm and the Melissa worm, believe it or not) ended up doing the exact opposite. if only the virus writers of today would learn to be idealistic like the retro virus writers :/

Hm, now that I remember it, I do recall reading some where that Bliss was created simply to prove that the Linux machines could contract viruses.

Also I can't wait to see a Mini'fied Bliss-tan :3 I predict that Bliss-chan's cuteness will be over 9,000 when she's Mini'fied, my scouter says so.

QuoteThat Bliss-tan is so adorable! And her clinging onto others is so cute I must draw it!  (In fact, that will be my next picture idea!)

I think she now my favorite of the virus-tans! (sorry, Acme-tan!) I also like Bliss-tan because she's very different from the other virus-tans, one that is pretty much harmless and able to co-exist with OS-tans!

But before I end this post, I have a couple of questions.

1. What does it exactly mean for a virus to be isolated?

2. What is the Melissa virus?

Heh thanx Aurora-san, Ooo I can't wait to see the pic dood *sits and waits anxiously*

And to answer your questions:
1-Simple, think of it as a sort of exile, since (some) Virus-tans natrually cause problems for OS-tans, many who are caught are then banished to their own area where they live amongst one another, this is a take on the term Zoo virus which means a virus isn't in active circulation and therefore can't or doesn't spread) though there are viruses/worms who are still loose ('In the wild' as we may call it)

2-Melissa isn't nessicarily a virus, more of a worm, since it's a mass mailer and didn't corrupt any system files on computers it infected, anywhom the Melissa was a computer worm that shutdown the internets mailing system that got backed-up by it's infected e-mails. Another note  of interest about Melissa was (like the Morris worm) wasn't intended to cause any harm, but since it completely flooded servers it caused alot of unforseen problems.

...Aw shoot I don't have a new Virus tan ready yet...but I do know which one is next and her name is Bomber-tan

"Wut..."

C-Chan

QuoteI think she now my favorite of the virus-tans! (sorry, Acme-tan!) I also like Bliss-tan because she's very different from the other virus-tans, one that is pretty much harmless and able to co-exist with OS-tans!

Hoh.... you think so?  Pink Sugar is cute, I'll give you that, but I think I'm still an unwavering Acme-sama fanpig.  Must be cause she likes to [try to] torment a good Windoze... ^.^

In fact, my LOVE for Acme-sama is so great, I actually forgot to work on Mini Bliss-tan because of my experimentation with Acme-tan's template..... ^^;
I mean it's a nice investment, given it'll make future work on minis (including Bliss-chan) much easier, but still it's the kinda thing that would make Pink Sugar cry (so y'all better just cover for me, 'kay?  ^^)

Progress on the template is going well, I think.  With the currently embedded set of eyes, mouths, eyelashes, ears, arms and fixings, here's a couple of possible combinations:

I probably should expand the template just a little more, since the current 120x120px size crops her hammer quite badly, and may be a problem with later characters... ^^;
(on the other hand, I could just make the hammer smaller.... ^.^;)

Oooh... kinda forgot that Melissa-san is actually a worm.... @.@
That complicates things... not to be discriminatory, but these are virus-tans after all....  -.-'

*ponders*

Hmmm,... gonna have to request something else more destructive.....  Â¬__¬

Then again, Gus-san is the obvious virus expert here, so d00d I leave it in your hands to come up with an uber virus that'd make for a perfect "general".  ^___^

Siya

Quote from: "C-Chan"(on the other hand, I could just make the hammer smaller.... ^.^;)

You could also slide the hammer down in her grip to help it fit in the same parameters without changing its size.

While I'm in here, Gussy, I should also say that I'm quite fond of your Virus-tan designs.  I, like the others, am particularly fond of Acme-tan and Bliss-tan. ^_^

Bella

Wow! So many virus-tans! Both Gussy's and Don C-Chan's are great!

*thanks goodness her Homeko can avoid and defend against viruses with the best of 'em*

C-Chan

QuoteYou could also slide the hammer down in her grip to help it fit in the same parameters without changing its size.

You got it!  ^__^
[besides,... feeling too lazy to resize all the prior minis... -v-;]

Okay, fixed!  ^.^

And thank you Bella-san!  ^__^
Due to time constraints, I'm gonna limit this experiment to one new expression per day.  Stand by for latest Acme-chan mini.... -v-

Added after 1 hours 4 minutes:

Yep, no wonder Infinity-sama used to do these all the time.  These are quite fun to make.  ^___^

I have a bit of time, so how about I squeeze out that Mini Bliss-tan after all?  ^___^

*scurries off*

Added after 41 minutes:

20 minutes to adapt the template to all that pink sugar goodness.  Not bad, I think I'm getting the hang of this... ^___^

zjhentohlauedy

My my, aren't you lovely~

Gussy Keniji

Aww look a Bliss-chan, my caculations were correct her cuteness is over 9000 and Acme-tan looks cute when she's mad :3

Great work on those C-chan, I might even try my hand at doing minis one day, it looks like it would be a real blast ^_^

-Newcomer Bomber-tan-

Bomber-tan- A Hyper-active virus tan who is an avid lover of all things that go 'BOOM'. Her attire and colors are a referance to Bomberman (one of my favorite characters I might add), infact her name rhymes with Bomberman. Her hat is a homeage to the Bomb enemy Poppy Bros.Jr whom appears frequently in the Kirby series. Bomber-tan has constant impulse to 'bomb' things, which makes it near impossible to get anything done whilst in her presence. however this doesn't mean she isn't capable of strategic planning, infact her methods are just that when she often sets remote landmines around a set area, then when the victim is within range, she'll activate them simualtaneously causing maximum damage (this method is derived from the Bomber virus method of infecting files, otherwise known as 'patchy infection') Bomber-tan has an unlimited arsenal of explosives of many kinds and can materialize them out of nowhere (like Acme-tan and her hammerspace) she also has complete control over her bombs even being able to move them around using only her mind alone (another referance to the Bomberman franchise, for in most recent games, Bomerman is capable of moving the bombs he sets via Remote Control). She admires Acme-tan and is currently apprenticing under her, she affectionatly calls her teacher 'Ookami-sama'

"Wut..."

Aurora Borealis

That Bomber-tan is DA BOMB!!! :D

She loves bombs and explosives as much as some of the Mac-tans do! Also having telepathic control over bombs, ability to materialize bombs, landmine bombs, impulse to bomb things.... Wow! That girl's got MAD BOMBING SKILLS! And that she's also friends with Acme-tan makes her even more awesome! ;010

C-Chan

QuoteAww look a Bliss-chan, my caculations were correct her cuteness is over 9000 and Acme-tan looks cute when she's mad :3

Great work on those C-chan, I might even try my hand at doing minis one day, it looks like it would be a real blast

Why thank you, Gus-san, but thank YOU for making them cute to begin with.  ^v^

Now if you are interested in making some minis, try downloading their SVGs so you can save on double work... ^___^

http://ostan-collections.net/downloads.php?cat=7

Use the vector graphics program Inkscape to open those files.

http://www.inkscape.org/

Don't worry about a thing as the program is free AND open source, and best of all cross-platform (so whether you're working in Windows, Mac or Linux, Inkscape will always be around)!  ^v^

The Acme-tan will likely be the most useful for you, as it already includes the template in progress.  Changing her expression is as easy as hiding and unhiding layers. ^.^

QuoteNewcomer Bomber-tan-

Wow!  Acme-sama has attained such epic fame already, she's already been given an apprentice!  ^v^
Great work again, and like Aurora-sama said, she'd make for a very seamless ally to the Mac-tans!  ^___^

Better watch out, else the Windoze-tans are gonna start thinking that Bomber-tan is a hitwoman (hitvirus?) hired by the rival Apple family.... ^____^;

Unfortunately her Mini will have to wait a bit as I'm in a crunch with other OS-tan drawings, but rest assured she is on queue!  ^.^

Added after 30 minutes:

But doesn't mean I haven't done my mandatory Acme-tan Mini of the Day... ^.^