Main Menu

Music

Started by SleepyD, September 30, 2006, 12:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gummster

I wonder, is this thread only for anime/game music?

If that is the case then I shall list my favourites here.

Yuki Kajiura, I fell in love with the Xenosaga OST's
Motoi Sakuraba, he strangely resembles Frédéric Chopin, the orchestrated works he does are often not so good, but the piano music is genius!
I liked the music in Dynasty Warriors, MASA, Toru Hasebe and Kenji Nakajo.
Also Jón Hallur the one who made the music for Eve-online, those who play it know.
As for anime there's Shiro Sagisu, my all time anime composer favourite.
Konishi Kayo
Kondoo Yukio
Mitsumune Shinkichi
Toshihiko Sahashi
Yasushi Ishii
Ooshima Michiru
Yoshihisa Hirano
and Hideki Taniuchi

NejinOniwa

Hah! I just burned the a CD with lots of jPop to my 7-year old countryside-living cousin. She's engrossed with it, and it's all my doing. Beat that!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Khoryu

i really like the ED from bleach season II

SleepyD

Quote from: "Gummster"I wonder, is this thread only for anime/game music?

If that is the case then I shall list my favourites here.

Yuki Kajiura, I fell in love with the Xenosaga OST's
Motoi Sakuraba, he strangely resembles Frédéric Chopin, the orchestrated works he does are often not so good, but the piano music is genius!
I liked the music in Dynasty Warriors, MASA, Toru Hasebe and Kenji Nakajo.
Also Jón Hallur the one who made the music for Eve-online, those who play it know.
As for anime there's Shiro Sagisu, my all time anime composer favourite.
Konishi Kayo
Kondoo Yukio
Mitsumune Shinkichi
Toshihiko Sahashi
Yasushi Ishii
Ooshima Michiru
Yoshihisa Hirano
and Hideki Taniuchi

wow, you've listened to quite a few. ^^ I've bolded the ones I know, and all I like. :3 Toshihiko Sahashi did the music for Gunslinger Girl and Gundam SEED, which I enjoyed listening to. ^^
huh, never thought about Sakuraba's music like that... I do adore his piano stuff...

let me add Kenji Kawai and Tenmon.
Kawai's stuff include Higurashi, Fate/stay night, GitS2: INNOCENCE, Ringu, and Ringu 2. ^^

Tenmon famously does music for Makoto Shinkai's movies, and the strings in The Place Promised in Our Early Days (aka Beyond the Clouds) is epic. ^^

Gummster

Quote from: "SleepyD"Toshihiko Sahashi did the music for Gunslinger Girl and Gundam SEED

And FMP if I may add. Plus the works he does that aren't for anime or games are as well brilliant.

Bella

I don't know if it's necessarily a favorite of mine, but one song I absolutely can't forget is "Tank!" the opening song from Cowboy Bebop...it's kinda stuck in my head, XD

Gummster

Yes, Yoko Kanno is great to! The music she did for Stand Alone Complex never seizes to amaze me. The Cowboy Bebop and Darker Than Black music she did I liked very much although none of those even compare to the music she did for Romance of the three kingdoms!

homemovies

hack sign wasnt much of a action anime but it was a good anime.
though the bonus episode was strange, helba invites everybody to
netslum for a party? that is weirddd!

the music is pretty wsome for the serie. the first time i heard it i was
mesmerize. i though wow did yoko did this? but no..

i watch wolf's rain cos the composer name is yoko kanno. after seeing
escaflowne and cowboy bebop. i realize the music makes mi come back
for more.

you know what i haven't listen to for awhilke?
Le Vent Vertâ€"Le Temps Bleu by ORIGA, XD

SleepyD

I heard of Yuki Kajiura before Kanno. ^^;

.hack//SIGN was one of the first serious types of anime that I've seen, and it appealed to me greatly.  The music was amazing, and I think it's still one of Kajiura's best.  

Kanno is great too. ^^ If I listened to Kanno before Kajiura, I might be a Kanno fanboy instead of a Kajiura fanboy. haha.... composer fanboys... don't hear that very often.

I've Sound is beginning to make themselves known.  You all know about KOTOKO, but there's Kawada Mami (Shana OP) and Shimamiya Eiko (Higurashi OP, Higurashi Kai OP)

any thoughts?

NejinOniwa

Hmmmmmmm~

*empties mind*

COOKIES!!! :D
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Gummster

Thoughts are stick with Mami Kawada! She's good, if you like j-pop. She paired with if I remember correctly Kotoko when doing soundtrack for Onegai Teacher and Twins.

Shimamiya Eiko this one, I have never heard of.

NewYinzer

Classic...Second Flight and Shooting Star remain among some of my favorite anime songs ever! However, nothing can compare to FLOW's COLORS (the Code Geass OP1) or Bouken Desho Desho (Haruhi OP). Those will always have a special place in my heart...

SleepyD

Quote from: "Gummster"Thoughts are stick with Mami Kawada! She's good, if you like j-pop. She paired with if I remember correctly Kotoko when doing soundtrack for Onegai Teacher and Twins.

Shimamiya Eiko this one, I have never heard of.
EIKO is less on the pop-y side and more.... slow? serious? ...ballad? XD; I can't find a good description. maybe... mature vocals? ah, I give up.

Her vocals fit perfectly for Higurashi. ^^

And right now, I'm enjoying Uninstall from Chiaki Ishikawa. Now, if only I got this CD signed at AX....  *kicks self for not getting her autograph*

NewYinzer

One question - what is the best legal way to obtain anime mp3's besides ripping CD's? I hate to keep having to use LimeWire to get anime mp3's. It seems to never have what I need...

Gummster

Well there's always buying them...

QuoteEIKO is less on the pop-y side and more.... slow? serious? ...ballad? XD; I can't find a good description. maybe... mature vocals? ah, I give up.

I see. Is it possible to compare her with the Minawo duo? Or perhaps Shimokawa Mikuni?