Main Menu

Conventions!!

Started by rdhdtwns, February 15, 2007, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icelilly

There's only ONE anime convention in Ottawa and that's AC Cubed. Toronto gets all the anime conventions. >_< AC Cubed is usually only for two to three days in November in a hotel lobby and costs about 60 CDN dollars to get in. I only went once because last year my parents wouldn't let me go. I hoping that this year, they'll let me go.

CaptBrenden

If you ever go to Sakura con, let me know, we will hang out :P

I went this year and it was a blast.. still need to post pictures from it
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

SleepyD

haha, you'll have to give me a few years. ^^;
My independence is being held hostage by family and finances. ehehe...

I want to see the pics! I'll be sure to post pics of AX07 then (with mah brand new camera. w00t!) X3

Gummster

There are actually no conventions here, officially. There are some times that members of anime.is have one, well it's actually more of a get-together of otakus, it could be called a con.

zjhentohlauedy

i'm going to go to a convention on saturday and sunday! Woot! haven't cosplayed though maybe sometime soon..
My my, aren't you lovely~

CaptBrenden

I went as a video game character.. tho techincly an american game -_- but oh well, it was fun to have people run clear across the large rooms screaming "wait!  Cpl Shepard wait! I have to have your photo!!!"

those who knew who i was anyways, thats what it means to be a obscure character.. most dont know who you are, but those that do are really geeked to see you.  

Most people just called me counterstrike guy

SleepyD

haha, note to self: scream the names of obscure characters across the large halls to take their pictures at AX. XD;

CaptBrenden

I was only there for half a day.. and at least 300 people I dont know have my picture

thankgod a gas mask was part of my costume

NejinOniwa

Counterstrike cosplay? By the name of the empress, WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!!?!?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

No no no, Halflife Op For, but close enough.  there was a quake 3 person there too, I couldnt remember his name, but they took alot of photos of the two of us.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "Dorktron2006"went to my first otakon last year, going again this year with more people and i might actually cosplay
lol, me too. I went to my first convention last year. Planning to go to one of the biggest anime cons in Mexico this year: La Mole.

No cosplay for me. NEVER.

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"I went as a video game character.. tho techincly an american game -_- but oh well, it was fun to have people run clear across the large rooms screaming "wait!  Cpl Shepard wait! I have to have your photo!!!"

those who knew who i was anyways, thats what it means to be a obscure character.. most dont know who you are, but those that do are really geeked to see you.  

Most people just called me counterstrike guy
lol, CS guy

Now, it would be nice If you could bring some photos =/

CaptBrenden

still trying to get them from the girl I went with.. I got no pics of me with my own camera

SleepyD

haha, alrighty captain, we'll wait for em.

but if you have other pics that are interesting, feel free to share. :3

zjhentohlauedy

ahh just finished day of the 2 day event!!
i'm sooo tired

cosplay was pretty nice though! lots of transformers cosplay some even transforms!! i think there was about 9 not sure and even TWO GOBOTS!!! (leader one and cykill). IMHO i thing its good that nobody used the new transformers design from the movie.

Shocking to say but there was only one Haruhi Cosplayer ONE, i give her a lot of credit thou because she did create a big fuss, wearing a bunny suit and all.

and the 165th cosplayer (the last) was a Wikipe-tan! first cosplay i've seen here that is in anyway related to the os-tan. too bad i didn't get a picture.

very lively event i must say and i'm waiting for group cosplay competition tomorrow cuz there's a cosplay group here that rocks the convention hall, they've choreographed some pretty fast and awesome fights while wearing Hunter X hunter and streetfighter-snk character cosplays. they even use wrestling maneuvers such as hurricaranas and  stuff.
My my, aren't you lovely~

Green

I go to cons when I get the chance. Last time I saw man rei and man chii they were both really fat
Taste the power of randommness!