[07/07/19] Kami-Tux's drawings [Newest OS-tan: Comic 5]

Started by Kami-Tux, February 26, 2007, 05:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsubashi

-Tsu

C-Chan

Awesome.  We finally have a ReactOS.! ^__^
(Never would've considered playing on the "Reactor" pun, so that was pretty nifty.  ^.^)

And plus I'm glad to see you using that kind of shading technique a lot more now!  ^v^

BTW, another nerdy OS alert, and this one strikes closer to home for you....  -v-

I found a ZETA-tan while popping into the Niijura OS-tan board:

http://www.nijiura.com/os/niji.php?res=22307

Added after 57 seconds:

It kinda reminded me of your old preconcept for BeOS-tan (the original) that you posted some months ago.  ^v^

Kami-Tux

Wow, good thing I did not do Haiku as I planned...
And about the reactor-pun... they even have an atom as logo...

Meanwhile, I drew a new one:

Syllable-tan.

Her hair looks like the Syllable-'sun' she is skating because she is both fast and unstable. That is also the reason why she looks wide-eyed to what is in front of her. She tends to be for herslf and has not much contact to others*. to be safe, she only skates in a body protector and protects knees and ellbows**.

She gets along with the Unix-offspring despite not being one of them. They consider her a friend of the family***.

She likes music and playing games. Another passion of her are fancy dresses****

* Syllable does not know many filesystems and many types of networking
** Syllable is secure
*** "99%" Posix-compatible
**** the GUI can look in many different ways.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Kami-Tux

Okay, I was feeling weird, so here a weird OS:

Plan 9 from Bell Labs. Of course this OS is named after plan 9 from outer Space and so I drew her as astronaut. The rabbit-ears are a reference to Glenda, the Plan 9 bunny, as is the white hair and her white skin. She is the next OS-tan, I drew waving something, in this case a file with the name of the plan 9 shell on it. In her other hand, she has a bell, was reference to the bell labs..

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Ah, you beat me to her.  -v-
But the design elements are similar to my preconcept, so I guess that means you and I think on the same wavelength.  Her clothing actually looks like the space suits the aliens use in the original "Plan 9 From Outer Space" film, so i think that works for the better.  ^__^

Rabbit ears are a definite plus for some necessary Glenda homage.

The bell did surprise me though, but the she is "Plan 9 from Bell Labs" eh?  ^__^

BTW, would you agree that she and Unix-sama would NOT get along?

=============

Oooh sorry, didn't see the Syllable-tan (wish I stopped by here more these past few days).  She's surprisingly cute, but interestingly-enough, the eyes and her expression suggest to me that the Anime influence is starting to seep into your Western style.  Definitely no complaints from me if that's the case.  ^__^

Kami-Tux

I never really was western style-wise, I was just minimal ;)

I would think Unix-sama and plan9-tan would not like each other rather well. the Linux tans... now that is a different story, but Plan 9 changed Unix-sama's beloved Unix-principles so much that they can not get along. Oh BTW: if someone wants the SVGs tell me. After the contest I will upload a lot anyways but I fear if I uploaded now thigs, it would end up being redundant.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Fufufu... never underestimate the /C-chan's ability to recall seemingly pointless facts.... -v-

http://ostan-collections.net/post-4346.html#4346

In fairness, though, you just said you "preferred" Western-style, but not that you actually drew it intentionally.  ^.^

And the UNIX/Plan 9 animosity is perfect,... means that my story settings are not far off from reality.  ^___^
Course, one has to wonder why the free BSD trio would prefer to hang around with Plan 9 and Inferno rather than with other Unices, but I reckon a little mix-and-match is probably warranted.  ^__^

Kami-Tux

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

That is so perfect, I could just hug you to death right now.  ^.^

Kami-Tux

I think OS/2 needs to be drawn as well! Thanks, C-Chan for the design!

Yes, I could have drawn her with a phaserbut I feared for the windows-tans in the gallery.

Added after 6 hours 31 minutes:

Quote from: "C-Chan"Fufufu... never underestimate the /C-chan's ability to recall seemingly pointless facts.... -v-

http://ostan-collections.net/post-4346.html#4346

In fairness, though, you just said you "preferred" Western-style, but not that you actually drew it intentionally.  ^.^

I still prefer western type comics but I draw my own minimal style taking fragments of both

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Tsubashi

Wow! This is your best one yet, IMHO!

QuoteYes, I could have drawn her with a phaserbut I feared for the windows-tans in the gallery.

Lol, good point. She probably wouldn't be very affable towards them, would she? (more than probably ^^; )
-Tsu

C-Chan

Dang, the thread got buried so quickly, I almost overlooked this.  >_<

Phenomenal work, Kami-Tux!!  ^v^
It is, I believe your best piece to date, and the lighting goes a long way to adding a dramatic air to hair which is appropriate (given her vendetta).  ^___^
You also did an excellent job shading the folds of her skirt and accentuating her cheek (Animesque-style).  ^___^

The only suggestion I might have is that the blue "Warp" insignia on her chest has been discontinued,
Even though it's still in my old chibi rendition, I'm replacing it going forward with the new "Greater Than C" style bronze logo that SleepyD came up with and Darknight used in his rendition:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10553/OS-2_WARP_500K.jpg
http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10274/OS2_Final_version.jpg

I believe the reasoning was that "Greater than C" = "Greater than the Speed of Light", or more commonly thought of as "Warp" speed.  ^___^

QuoteLol, good point. She probably wouldn't be very affable towards them, would she? (more than probably ^^; )

[pondering]  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,...... no.  ^___^

eCS-chan might be a more civil, but OS/2-san definitely would go ballistic.  ^.^

Bear in mind that even though she doesn't have her phaser, she can still use her multithread hair to fight.  ^____^

Kami-Tux

I used your chibi as basis... it seemed to have a logo, which I saw as startrekesque... "bigger than c" is of course a better symbol...

QuoteBear in mind that even though she doesn't have her phaser, she can still use her multithread hair to fight.

Oh dear! I should put my ME-tan into another album then...

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Kami-Tux

A new OS-tan... especially for IanDanKilmaster:

Ubuntu-tan

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Great work, Oh Great Penguin God!  Juzo-kun should be proud to know that her designs are being recognized and spread.  ^___^
BTW, did you copy and paste several oval shapes to create the dreadlocks, or did you use pen strokes?  Either way, it's quite detailed....  'v'

As for the system itself, I'm afraid I'm being one over by KDE (and hence Kubuntu).  -v-

I know it's bloated, but on my machine you can't really tell the difference, so the performance is great through and through....  ^.^

Switched to a Gnome session, and suddenly things felt claustrophobic.  ^.^'