Main Menu

random picture thread

Started by panda, February 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zacian King of Windows

This forum may be dead, but I will not give up hope to bring some life back into this poor forum we must save! ITS NOT TOO LATE TO SAVE THIS SITE! SAY IT WITH ME!
https://i3.kurocore.com/i/sm/20140408005613/42769599-0.jpg

Chocofreak13

yeah, last september i decided to start reveling in nostalgia, so i started using GaiaOnline and DragonCave again (hence the dragons). i'm gonna try to participate more in this site, too, though i'm so used to instant messaging now that this seems so slow! ^^;;

really hoping i can cosplay her next year!
click to make it bigger

Hālian He/him

My badge from last year's iteration of Megaplex, the local furry convention.

Nichi

Those ribbons are neat; I've yet to go to a convention with those...but then again my experience is limited to AB right now.

Have an unrelated LGR pic

Hālian He/him

Quote from: Nichi on September 02, 2022, 04:26:32 PMThose ribbons are neat; I've yet to go to a convention with those...but then again my experience is limited to AB right now.

I agree! :D Megaplex has a different theme each year; last year, it was cruising ("All Aboard!"), and this year, it was the '80s ("Electric AvUwU"). Next year's is rather uninspired, in my opinion; it's "Be Anything, Do Anything!", celebrating the creätivity of the furry fandom (or, as one attendee paraphrased it, "Megaplex 2023: Just show up").

It's a shame we couldn't get nametags as well as badges this year; as well, the pint glasses that we were supposed to sell at the con store this year are still stuck in transit.

Chocofreak13

aw, that sucks. hopefully they clear that up, and if i were them, i'd be sending out, like, pins or postcards or something to those that are waiting along with the glasses, as an apology.

also sucks about the uninspired theme, but that happens. i'd like to see people take it and go way too far, though (Be anything? Sure! I'm gonna be a Stove). creativity in cosplay is one of my favourite things ever (i still remember the Jolly Green Giant, Pocky Box, and Beer Case Saiyans from my first con).

been looking up reference images for the Taisho era lately, and the mannequin on the left must have been Christian since she's obviously subscribing to the "Higher the Hair, Closer to God" philosophy
click to make it bigger

Hālian He/him

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on September 06, 2022, 02:14:35 PMalso sucks about the uninspired theme, but that happens. i'd like to see people take it and go way too far, though (Be anything? Sure! I'm gonna be a Stove). creativity in cosplay is one of my favourite things ever (i still remember the Jolly Green Giant, Pocky Box, and Beer Case Saiyans from my first con).
You joke but someone went to Mephit Furmeet this past weekend cosplaying as the host hotel's carpet. I saw it on Twitter, so I'll probably never be able to find it again. :(

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on September 06, 2022, 02:14:35 PM

been looking up reference images for the Taisho era lately, and the mannequin on the left must have been Christian since she's obviously subscribing to the "Higher the Hair, Closer to God" philosophy
All three of those are good, but I find myself preferring figures 1 and 2. IIRC, traditional Japanese women's hairstyles were very Big, stemming from a preference in the Heian period for as long a mane as possible.

Chocofreak13

that would explain long hair, but idk about especially poofy hair. that bouffant looks big even by traditional Japanese updo standards. maybe it's a Gibson Girl side effect?

i wasn't joking, and if you find that again you NEED to post it. that cosplay sounds LEGENDARY.

click to make it bigger

Zacian King of Windows

Windows 11 Bloom Wallpaper Alough I hate Windows 11 right now I wish I could customize it alot?
This forum may be dead, but I will not give up hope to bring some life back into this poor forum we must save! ITS NOT TOO LATE TO SAVE THIS SITE! SAY IT WITH ME!

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Zacian King of Windows on October 24, 2022, 10:08:20 PMWindows 11 Bloom Wallpaper Alough I hate Windows 11 right now I wish I could customize it alot?

If you want to customize the wallpaper, you can download an editor like Krita or Paint.net and adjust the hue to a different color or brightness.
If you're talking about actually changing up Windows 11 itself, yeah you're out of luck.

Zacian King of Windows

Quote from: Goujer on October 25, 2022, 06:30:50 AMIf you want to customize the wallpaper, you can download an editor like Krita or Paint.net and adjust the hue to a different color of brightness.
If you'retalking about actuallychangingup Windows 11 itself, yeah you'reout of luck.

I would leave a like but I sent you a DM that even yesterday I tried leaving likes and it failed, but why won't Microsoft let us Customize Windows 11 would it be so hard not making it like older versions of Windows?

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Zacian King of Windows on October 25, 2022, 01:43:41 PMI would leave a like but I sent you a DM that even yesterday I tried leaving likes and it failed, but why won't Microsoft let us Customize Windows 11 would it be so hard not making it like older versions of Windows?

Windows has never had very good customization in my opinion.
It's mostly just pick a color for the theme and mess around with the taskbar and start menu.
There are plenty of mod programs that restore much of the lost functionality though.

Zacian King of Windows

Quote from: Goujer on October 25, 2022, 03:18:11 PMWindows has never had very good customization in my opinion.
It's mostly just pick a color for the theme and mess around with the taskbar and start menu.
There are plenty of mod programs that restore much of the lost functionality though.

Really cause in Windows 7 you can change the UI look from its modern glassy textures to old classic ones with the Windows Classic theme just look on it on a VM. Microsoft even stops us from doing that in Windows 8/10/11.

Goujer (she/her)

Fair enough point.
The classic theme is still in Windows technically, but since Win 8 Desktop Window Manager(DWM) is required to be on. Which prevents Classic from being used.

Zacian King of Windows

Quote from: Goujer on October 28, 2022, 06:16:33 AMFair enough point.
The classic theme is still in Windows technically, but since Win 8 Desktop Window Manager(DWM) is required to be on. Which prevents Classic from being used.

But Why tough why can't I have Options