Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwakbs3

Quote from: Hālian on September 13, 2022, 10:18:20 PMYay, hackintoshing! :D
Hackintoshing is always the best thing ever, 2nd only to installing Gentoo with openrc + no genkernel (manually choosing the kernel options for installation).
fun is fun

Hālian He/him

Quote from: zwakbs3 on September 14, 2022, 08:04:55 AM2nd only to installing Gentoo with openrc + no genkernel (manually choosing the kernel options for installation).
To each their own; I don't personally have the patience or brain space necessary to pull that off. .w.

The Computer Otakou

Hey Google is trying to Add DRM to Web I do not like that, also I have two screenshots of my Desktop O would like to share with you all. Also yeah I have that same image as my Wallpaper both on my computer and on Firefox Web Browser.

Hālian He/him

Quote from: The Computer Otakou on August 13, 2023, 03:54:14 PMHey Google is trying to Add DRM to Web I do not like that, also I have two screenshots of my Desktop O would like to share with you all. Also yeah I have that same image as my Wallpaper both on my computer and on Firefox Web Browser.

(snip)
(snip)
Your screenshots aren't loading in situ, and load excruciatingly slowly when I open them directly; I'm guessing this is an issue with the image host.

Hanyway, here's my desktop right now. The wallpaper is a fittingly-autumnal image from Unsplash.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Well here is mine hope ya like it its somewhat pixelated also how come we can't upload an image directly I find it weird so I had to use ImageBB I hate that why do we have to use Image Boards rather than uploading directly to the site I think it would be alot simpler if I didn't awalys had to use ImageBB or others to upload an image.

Hālian He/him

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 27, 2023, 06:48:06 PMWell here is mine hope ya like it its somewhat pixelated also how come we can't upload an image directly I find it weird so I had to use ImageBB I hate that why do we have to use Image Boards rather than uploading directly to the site I think it would be alot simpler if I didn't awalys had to use ImageBB or others to upload an image.

(snip)

Nice wallpaper! I'm curious if you know its source, so we can add it to the gallery.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Hālian on November 28, 2023, 03:09:15 AMNice wallpaper! I'm curious if you know its source, so we can add it to the gallery.

Sure I found it here on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/sakusagi/art/Winxp-tan-Me-tan-Win98-tan-Commission-992248917

The Computer Otakou

I love the look of Windows 8.1's Taskbar while I hate Windows 10's Taskbar cause it looks too flat, minimalistic, ugly, and lazy and straight up despise Windows 11's as it not only replaces the older version of the Taskbar that has been there since Windows 7 or earlier but it makes the taskbar not only uglier but makes it more useless so I installed startisback on my Windows 10 and restored the Windows 8.1 look on the Taskbar to make the opened tabs of programs on the taskbar look less fucking flat and ugly and more aero and skeuomorphic.

Screenshot (4).png

The Computer Otakou

Guess what I have for you all? That's Right I got something special to show you all. I will have to break it up into 2 parts that is so stupid.

Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (13).png

The Computer Otakou

Screenshot (14).png
Screenshot (15).png
Screenshot (16).png
Screenshot (17).png

This is part 2 part 1 is above pretty cool I have myself an awesome Ubuntu VM I feel very uneasy with the future of Windows I could also use Mac OS which is my favorite OS.

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: The Computer Otakou on December 27, 2023, 09:11:05 PMThis is part 2 part 1 is above pretty cool I have myself an awesome Ubuntu VM I feel very uneasy with the future of Windows I could also use Mac OS which is my favorite OS.

VMs are a lot of fun, but I tend not to find them that useful unless it's a very specific system that I have software for that works on nothing else, or it completely messes up my C: drive installing it, lol.

MacOS always fights me about running the software I want to run and most of Apple's development options are locked behind pay walls.

Windows 10 lasts until 2025, so Microsoft has until then to make Windows 11 not suck, or maybe I'll give ReactOS a try if it gets alright by the then.
Otherwise it's gonna be a hard switch to Mint or some other easy to use all in one Linux for me.