Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Nice. I just set whatever I'm feeling at the moment for my main desktop and laptop LOL

Triplex

Arch Linux is a great distro, I can recommend an article that makes it easier to install Arch Linux. I've installed it about 3 to 5 times already and I am pleased with the kind of distro it is.
I'm just a guy who uses Arch Linux, wears trenchcoats, and loves girls who are tomboys.

Bella

Easy installation is awesome, but doesn't really help if the thing holding someone back is, for instance, running games or programs that don't have Linux support or run well on emulators. It also doesn't help for day-to-day usability.

Nichi

Just installed my SSD a couple days ago, and decided to use the Cinnamon version of Linux Mint for a change of pace. After a few minor tweaks to line everything up like I like, here we are

stewartsage

midori

Hālian He/him

I'm of the persuasion that my desktop should be kept clean of ica.

Nichi

My desktop is *poyo*

Hālian He/him

:3 at the classic Windows logo on the Start button

zwakbs3

just simple stuff, used OpenShell for this. I'm also currently running a custom version of Windows, called atlasOS, designed for more privacy and storage.
fun is fun

zwakbs3

Back in Feb 26 (and god, just.... that was soooo long ago! back then, my city was still in lockdown!, and I haven't got my 2nd vaccine dose yet, I think?), I decided to customize my Gentoo setup. I had been using it for ~1 month or so, if I remember correctly. I also got a MATE build, but it was long lost, because my external HDD got all of its data deleted for some reason, so the screenshots are lost to time (I also accidentally deleted all of my data when I first installed Gentoo, because I wrongly believed that I can use a script for that.)
fun is fun

zwakbs3

Just a month-or-so before that Gentoo setup, I made that setup above. I aimed for a cozy, fantasy-looking style, with all the warm colors and transparency stuff out, I even threw in some custom effects and stuff into the build.
fun is fun

zwakbs3

Back in Nov 26th last year, I made this as a way to celebrate my successful installation of Arch Linux into my laptop. It was the first setup I ever made, though I took quite a lot of stuff from guides. The neofetch image was custom-made, but looking back at it now, I think I can do something better...
fun is fun

zwakbs3

fast forward to a somewhat-recent date, in Aug 12th, I successfully made a Hackintosh.

And god, the macOS experience was lovely, to say the least. The animations were smooth, and their UI was very consistent, something I don't see in both my past Linux setups, and Windows.

Quote from: zwakbs3 on September 13, 2022, 09:15:25 AM
Back in Nov 26th last year, I made this as a way to celebrate my successful installation of Arch Linux into my laptop. It was the first setup I ever made, though I took quite a lot of stuff from guides. The neofetch image was custom-made, but looking back at it now, I think I can do something better...
....and guess what I made?

fucking that above, people. I decided to one-up my past self, and I was going to color the whole thing, when I accidentally deleted my macOS setup.... :'( . That's why I'm not going to reinstall macOS again, until when macOS Ventura comes out, which will have its release date set in October.
fun is fun

Hālian He/him