Main Menu

Relationships

Started by SleepyD, March 29, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

That sucks :[

As I mentioned months ago, my biggest problem is that, when I find someone I'm interested in, they're almost always in a relationship, while the only people to take interest in me are total creeps that I wouldn't want to go anywhere near >>;

LeaflameSD

@Kari: That's kind of touching o3o

I asked a girl who I'm really close with if she would go out with me, and she said the distance would kill her... if that wasn't the case, I would be "hers". Other than that, things are going exactly as expected; nowhere.

Chocofreak13

@Swaggy: thanks. ;v;
keep her as a friend. build that relationship, and if the spark is real, it might turn into something. if you get closer with her, approach her again about it in a few months.

@Red, Pent: i'm not really an expert on how to get dates

but have you tried shoving notes at them and running away

@Pent: she was creepy, you wouldn't have to have bribed me. ~__~;;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

@Choco: I will definitely try to build our friendship. Thanks for the advice

Nichi

@Kari: I'd consider if they were single, but if they're already in a relationship, I don't want to interfere; I'm not the kind of person to try and get a couple to break up for my own benefit

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on January 29, 2017, 10:34:28 AMI'm still single.  It seems like any time I getl close to someone I can realistically have a relationship with, I do something to screw it up and I'm back to square one again.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think you screw up?

Red-Machine

I have no concrete idea, just vague guesses.  The problem with being autistic is you generally don't get what you're doing is wrong, either while you're doing it or afterwards.  I can be pretty clingy with someone I like, I'm extreme in my passion for my hobbies and some people don't like being infodumped on, and I have the social grace of a bull in a china shop.  I'm just not easy to get along with.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Red-Machine on February 01, 2017, 05:45:12 PMI have no concrete idea, just vague guesses.  The problem with being autistic is you generally don't get what you're doing is wrong, either while you're doing it or afterwards.  I can be pretty clingy with someone I like, I'm extreme in my passion for my hobbies and some people don't like being infodumped on, and I have the social grace of a bull in a china shop.  I'm just not easy to get along with.
As someone with autism, I can understand where you're coming from

Chocofreak13

much as I don't like to homogenize, sometimes it's easier to find people with the same situation. one of the reasons Steve and I meshed (and hopefully will continue to mesh) so well is because, though he's never confirmed it, i'm pretty sure he's a greysexual like me. :0

I told my coworkers about Steve coming back and one of them immediately facepalmed. xD;;;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, as I went over my experience with Wild Wild West in Top(ic)less, I started to think about something only loosely connected: has a relative of yours ever had a wedding, that you weren't told about until either after the fact or at a point where you already have plans lined up?

Because, that aunt that told my mom to not let me see the aforementioned movie had only just married into the family. We were told about her and my uncle getting married...but, we didn't know until we already had tickets to go to Six Flags, so we didn't attend. Many years later, after she passed away, my uncle remarried...and surprise-surprise, we don't know about the wedding until we already had plans for that weekend ^^;

Bella

@Red and Swag ... I wish I could give advice, but I don't really know what the right course of action is. Kari makes a good point about trying to seek out like-minded people, maybe then you would be less prone to misunderstandings.

Chocofreak13

@pent: I don't think it's so much the Aunts in this case, as it is your Uncle being a weirdo. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

True; we've often joked about him being a scrambled egg xD (His initials were almost "EGG", until someone pointed it out to Grandma and Grandpa way back when; so they decided to switch the first and middle names around)

Goujer (she/her)

Everytime I lay in bed and look at Nanami Madobe on a pillow lying next to me and feel a deep sense of loneliness and desire to replace that pillow with a real girl.

I want to get a girlfriend with similar interests to me but everyone at work it over 40 and the closest any of roommates has come to dating a girl is getting piss drunk and touch a girls breast consentually (so nothing); and because my parents think that no girls would ever touch a videogame with a 10 foot pole, I have no where else to go for dating advice from real humans then here. If all else fails there is Wiki-How but I would like to keep that a last resort.

Anyone know where I can meet "gamer girls" as the hip hot with it and now hooligans say? There is a Barcade (Bar+Arcade) a little bit away from me, would that be a good place to start?

Nichi

That could be a start, yeah. I do know the feeling; generally, if I find someone with similar interests to me, they're almost always taken, and most of the people attracted to me are creeps that will go after anything that moves, and given the area I'm in, they'd probably kick me to the curb the second they learned anything about me -__-;

Not helping is that I'm not in a safe enough environment to explore myself and figure out who I am, on top of the fact that I feel like I'll never find anyone until after I move because I simply don't fit in with the area I've been dumped in...but it's been 5 years and I'm no closer to getting out of here.