What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silentbob

Built a new desktop last month w/i5 6600k, 16GB RAM, GTX 970, 500GB Samsung SSD plus some other goodies and running Windows 10 atm.    Loads of parts were on sale, was sniffing the GTX 1070, but the 970 was down to half the price of the 1070, so I decided it was enough.

LeaflameSD

okso:

AMD Phenon II X3 P820 (tri-core CPU) @ 1.8GHZ
4GB RAM
300GB HD
15.6" TN panel @ 1366x768
VGA webcam
Synaptics LuxPad
Altec Lansing stereo speakers

all this running Windows 10 genuine. it lags while doing the most basic things like selecting text so... I definitely could've done better but I guess it's alright for college *shrugs*

Goujer (she/her)

I installed Windows 10 on my tower and the start menu wouldn't open no matter what I did. I immediately went back to Windows 7.

Nichi

I've had that happen before, when I still ran 10; the Start menu would break when updates were ready to install :\

LeaflameSD

Goujer (she/her)

Pro sounds more and more appealing as the additional levels of privacy seem like a good idea. But if all goes well those features will be put on the home version since France has threatened sanctions unless Microsoft does so.

LeaflameSD

very tr00

n00 and impr00ved rig:
AMD Phenom X4 B95 quad core @ 3.0GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4200 and XFX GeFore GTX 260 Black Edition w/ 896MB VRAM (not used)
6GB dual channel DDR3 RAM
2HDDs; one 250GB and the second being 500GB
Realtek HD Audio
DVD-RW drive (may upgrade to a Blu-ray)

1920x1080 24" LED TV
IBM keyboard (Dank) and HP mouse (shitty but reliable)
Genuine Windows 10 Professional x64

I have Steam BTW, so if any of you play L4D, hit me the fuck up
@swagnamyte

Goujer (she/her)

Hehe, my keyboards an old beige gateway that's clacky and big, but that's what I like about it. IBM sounds like it would be a cooler brand to have though.

Pretty solid rig all around. Even old stuff will do good if you turn down the graphics a bit, and who needs good graphics anyway, the game play is where all the fun is! How do you have data split up on the drives? Setting things up like you would a new SSD can benifit even HDD preformance since data can be drawn from two disks at the same time.

LeaflameSD

@Le-Gojer: I use the smaller HDD for OS installation and apps, while the bigger one is for media. And it is a pretty good computer for the price (£120) but I'm gonna upgrade it ofc

LeaflameSD

My PC now has 8 gigs of RAM and the XFX Radeon R7 250 2GB GPU

Odin Yggdrasil

I held out with Windows XP and Windows 7 as long as I could, but one cannot resist the flow of time forever.

Ended up with an 8.1 laptop, and am dreading the deployment of Windows 10 at work because it is confirmed to break stuff.

Nichi

Nothing has changed about the fleet since my last post here; 2kME, Flonne IV, Maka, and Asagi III carry onward. Although, as far as 2kME, I do juggle between Windows 7 for day-to-day use, and a Virtual PC setup of Windows 95 for working on my stories and reviews, as well as play some older games that can't run natively on 7.

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

Nice keyboard :3
Also, I used to have a desktop like that one, about 8 years ago. It just barely met the minimum requirements to run MapleStory, so I ran it at potato quality just so I could play it at all xD

Red-Machine

It's a Unicomp Classic.  Basically a modern version of the IBM Model M, with USB connection.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!