Main Menu

Favorite TV Shows

Started by Nichi, May 29, 2011, 08:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfonso_rd_30

Just recently discovered Dr Whoot

Chocofreak13

oh, you're gonna have fun with that.

i reeeeally need to finish Halt and Catch Fire. i made it as far as i was before, (S1, Ep8), but they've likely finished the second season by now, so i should catch up. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I need to get back to Rugrats. I left off half-way through season 6 with my review series, and plan to resume soon, finish the season, and get the next part ready.

Which, if anyone else is interested, I can send the first 11 parts to you of my review series -w-

Bella

Started watching the series Mr. Robot after a former DEC acquaintance of mine recommended it on FB. It follows a group of hackers plotting to take down a massive corporate conglomerate, the main character himself being a software engineer working for a computer security firm.

So far it has not disappointed: good writing, good acting and direction, splendid suspense, many characters are morally ambiguous and uncomfortably sketchy without coming off as overly-edgy or trying too hard, they're also fairly diverse in terms of race, gender, sexuality and religion. The depictions of computers and hacking are fairly realistic (no flying through system files, gaudy interfaces or technological word-salad statements) and the scenario is elaborate enough to be intriguing, while plausible enough to seem like something that could almost happen.

If you like Halt & Catch Fire I recommend giving it a shot since they're both computer dramas, albeit from quite opposite directions.

Nichi

Interesting :3
I might have to look it up sometime

LeaflameSD

anyone watch that cartoon with the blue dude? he was always fucking with his brother (can't remember what it was called butmimmsure it was on cartoon  network)

Bella

Is it recent or old, or do you have any other details?

Speaking of cartoons, I'm watching Bob's Burgers, Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls semi-regularly now.

Gravity Falls looks really cute and childish (art-style wise) but it's surprisingly dark at times, especially for a G-rated show. It's really good though, from what I've seen of it.

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Ye Olde Swagfag on August 12, 2015, 04:05:39 PM
anyone watch that cartoon with the blue dude? he was always fucking with his brother (can't remember what it was called butmimmsure it was on cartoon  network)
if it's a blue catnny dude is the Amazing World of Gomball... I only liked the ep when they pariodied Street Fighter...

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 12, 2015, 10:57:18 AM
oh, you're gonna have fun with that.

oh I have... I downloaded Day, night & name of the Docthor and the 3 and 5 Docthors...

Quote from: Bella on August 12, 2015, 04:35:57 PM
Is it recent or old, or do you have any other details?

Speaking of cartoons, I'm watching Bob's Burgers, Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls semi-regularly now.

Gravity Falls looks really cute and childish (art-style wise) but it's surprisingly dark at times, especially for a G-rated show. It's really good though, from what I've seen of it.
of those 3 Only watching Hilarity Falls...

And of Course SUPER SENTAI Regularly...  in fact I'm downloading Shuriken Sentai Nininger Episode 24 via Torrent as I type this... so woooh hoooh We're half way thereee

Nichi

Nice. I eventually want to obtain the subbed version of Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger; the bits I've seen of it, it looks pretty cool...ignoring how hard it's going to be to not refer to the characters by the names of their Power Rangers counterparts -w-;;

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Penti-chan on August 12, 2015, 09:32:37 PM
Nice. I eventually want to obtain the subbed version of Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger; the bits I've seen of it, it looks pretty cool...ignoring how hard it's going to be to not refer to the characters by the names of their Power Rangers counterparts -w-;;

honestly I wouldn't recommend it... in fact, the only reason I got the TV-Nihon Subing of Gosei Sentai Dairanger (Thunderzords MMPR S2) was because Shout Factory announced they were going to sub it... and they did Subs circa 1989 on Zyu...

btw: Here's John Linkara's Stake on the original Green (Eggs) with Evil (Ham)

Nichi

I watched that video, yeah (Atop the Fourth Wall is something I watch regularly :3)
Also, I was following a fansub of Gosei Sentai Dairanger a while back, but they only did half of the series :\

alfonso_rd_30

I found the 50 chaps, the movie and a promo on TV-Nihon Torrentine Tracker after had some issues with their foriumu's senspace Heroes of Time...

also I got full season of Ninja Sentai Kaku(na)Ranger and a 4shared Folder for Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger by Grown ups in Spamdeex, but those are in spanish

LeaflameSD

found the show... it was the cramp twins on cn.
any of you watch that?

Nichi

I remember that coming on 4KidsTV, but I never watched it; it was usually on at the same time Kids WB was airing Yu-Gi-Oh -w-

Chocofreak13

never heard of it. :0

@bells: Mr. Robot sounded....interesting? when i first heard about it, but i'm not sure it's completely my thing. i think it's because they're focusing more on the REVOLUTION aspect than the actual computers. the computers are just a tool here. :\

only cartoon i'm watching regularly is Steven Universe and some anime. :0
click to make it bigger