OS-Tan Animated Desktop Assistant Project

Started by deusprogrammer, September 06, 2007, 09:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goujer (she/her)

Boop: <redacted>
:D
Say where is the downloads section?

Edit: You can swap to the Japanese text if you want by swapping the names of the message.txt and message.txt.bak files in the data folder.

Chocofreak13

it's a pinned post in OS-tan Talk that only the mods can access. we just need to wait for one of them to see this page, or comment in one of the pinned posts.
click to make it bigger

winduko

http://fav.me/d8fg25z

I have not much of a clue on what Walfas are (is?), except that by default, there are what I believe to be Touhou characters. There could be more OS-tans.

I'm posting this here because it too reminded me of this, and that it too needs to go to the downloads section.

Goujer (she/her)

Guys English: http://www.dlsite.com/eng/work/=/product_id/RE033970.html
0w0
They accept PayPal, lift your anchors mateys a link be coming to ye soon. (As soon as I plug it all into Google Translate)

Goujer (she/her)

Is it okay for me to share the application, as the application does cost money and distributing it for free would probably be against its creators intensions.

winduko

To do what you are doing right now? I honestly can't see why it wouldn't be fine.

After all, if you share the link to the place where you can look at the application, and decide if you want to buy it, that means that more people will see it, and therefore more potential buyers.

As long as you aren't giving it to us for free while they're selling it, and merely giving us the link, they won't mind. Hell, depending on how many of us have a lack of adblock and if there are ads on the site to begin with, they might appreciate people sharing links.

Goujer (she/her)

Well then you can get the application here: http://www.dlsite.com/eng/work/=/product_id/RE033970.html
And the English txt files in this post's attachment.

Chocofreak13

as far as i'm concerned post the program. they're making money off of other sources and the bulk of us pirate here. the doujins we've posted initially cost money, but you think that matters now? please.
click to make it bigger

winduko

Yeah, that's also true.

Actually, from the looks of it, they are bigger than I thought.

My opinions on pirating a specific thing depends on these factors:

1. Can I get the thing easily? (being a minor, the answer is practically always no)
2. How easily is the company making money? (the things I am interested in result in the answer almost always being yes)

We, with most of us here being Westerners, can't get the doujins easily, if at all, without the translations. Therefore, I won't bat an eye at that.

Honestly, before I found out there was a English link, I would have loved to have someone pirate it (I even installed a copy of Japanese Windows 2000 in case this happens, and before anyone asks, it was pirated). And yeah, they probably are making money off of other things.

Edit:

I also patched it up.

Goujer (she/her)

Fufufufufu the power is in my hands, fufufufufu

Anyway here is: https://db.tt/T6hUOTJu

Expect awful English, it came out if Google and Bing translate. The Japanese is still in there though.

Edit: You can swap to the Japanese like in the demo version by swapping the names of .txt.bak files with the .txt files.

winduko

Ooh! This looks promising!

Gotta start with the ME-tan that speaks! :D

At least she speaks? (the same error appeared with 2k-tan, but she couldn't speak)

Chocofreak13

cool to note. when the admins show up again, we'll have to post it directly in the downloads forum.

@kodomo: it's a start...?
click to make it bigger

winduko

True. xD

Based on the katakana, some files just are not linking.

Also, the VM is good for other things. It is very good for the Nijikaku.

Nichi

@Duko: I downloaded Japanese Windows 2000 from that same site, along with the various beta builds of it I experimented with a couple of years back :3

Goujer (she/her)

I've used Winworld for Windows NT 3.X experiments, great place.
Let me know how the program works for you guys and what OS you're running, I'll see if I can patch any bugs that occur.