On Topic[less]

Started by DustiiWolf, November 27, 2013, 10:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

in my case it's kinda necessary as with background characters and the nun catalogue it likely numbers somewhere in the 200s
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

>over 120 separate .txt files for lore, characters, politics, magical theory, physics, technology ETC
>26000+ years of backstory
>world map that actually covers the entire planet
>sidestory trilogy 1 book written, rewrite and sequels pending
>still not done with the first book of the main series

WE MUST PREPARE DEEPER
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

I'm envious of people with world building skills. ;_;

Chocofreak13

@nej: as is to be expected of you, mashtur. -w-
@bells: i'd offer you tips, but idk where i'd begin. i just sorta blorped mine out, like i do with most things i write. :\

i suppose it always starts with thinking about where things are set. in the case of Ace's High, i knew it was a city, but i actually had to have voting on the City name because i couldn't decide. i ended up using all of the city names i made, though, just for different towns. xD

Europa has a specific location in that, well, it's set on Europa. but it doesn't STAY there, as there are other nearby moons which can (theoretically) support life, which end up getting explored as well (Titan, Ganymede, Callisto are 3 that can).
click to make it bigger

winduko

Oops teacher gave a prompt that allowed for important foe yay

She gave other prompts but I'm writing some 95/Sys7

Edit: It isn't quite foe yay, but they do team up against me for asking for them to make love right now.

Chocofreak13

lolwut

can that even count as a school assignment anymore

@aurora: i started off that way, but given my memory issues i found it more coherent to write EVERYTHING down, even if it was just on a post-it. the major stuff is kept in books but the Arc Listing and bare-bones of plot for some of them is written on a leaflet of notepad paper (vury old, lol).

it's also helpful to write this shit down because in the event that i die Bella is taking Ace's High over. *w*;;;
click to make it bigger

winduko

We live in a day and age in which we can write yuri about mid-90s operating systems for legitimate high school assignments and not get counted off for it.

Okay, the teacher doesn't know what I'm doing fully. She should be aware of the yuri part, but not the mid-90s operating systems part.

I'm making it a goal to make all of my future creative writing assignments OS-tan related.

Chocofreak13

i just hope it's not too graphic, lest you get called into the principal's office or something. :\
click to make it bigger

winduko

I doubt the teacher would actually mind sex, but I don't want to actually write sex scenes, and I want to stay on the safe side anyways.

Honestly, I feel very confident in my safety.

Chocofreak13

no, it's the right thing to do. NEVER write sex scenes for school, even in college. >>;
click to make it bigger

winduko

Very right.

I say I'm safe because I don't want to ever ever write sex scenes, let alone sex scenes for school, where there could be a lot of risks involved, even if the teacher probably won't mind.

I consider it risky enough that I'm writing lesbians all over the place. I really don't need to include sex scenes.

To be fair, I am more daring because I wrote that 95/NT fic and I didn't get in trouble for it. It was very implicit however, and later fics make their relationship far more explicit, such as them referring to the other as her wife. Still no sex though.

Chocofreak13

i wouldn't really call "wife" explicit. if anything, i admire that you're willing to do that (write gay characters in school), even without the draw of fandom. homosexuality is becoming more accepted but it's still not the norm, so it's refreshing to see that someone is so willing to push forward with it. or at least that's probably what your teacher thinks.
click to make it bigger

winduko

I'm positve she thinks that. It wasn't the first time she's read about gay characters. Another girl in the same class shared a fanfic where Sherlock was waiting in a line and really wanted Watson by his side, and it wasn't hard to tell that Sherlock liked Watson in that way. After she finished, she stated that they were in a gay relationship.

Chocofreak13

:3

i'm glad schools have gotten to this point.
click to make it bigger

winduko

I am writing a fanfic with the original trio, and I was more inclined to talk about their sex lives, specifically 2k and XP's but I won't, at least not for the school version.