On Topic[less]

Started by DustiiWolf, November 27, 2013, 10:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winduko

Fact: Everything you make in middle school sucks. Really badly.

Nichi

True that. Although, I tend to give free pass to the first Joey's Adventures in Video Games; as I consider it my first "decent" story

winduko

Yeah. My stuff from 8th grade didn't suck badly, but Unfortunate Implications are everywhere in that stuff. So, yeah. It still was poor writing by the standards I hold myself to. I don't apply them to most people, however.

Chocofreak13

Fact: Everything About Middle School Sucks. Really Badly.
click to make it bigger

winduko

Eh. I honestly consider my eighth grade year to be the best year of my life. That's probably because I got to have online friends for the first time in my life.

And as I promised:
Very crappy 95-tan picture

Explanation:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Well, the picture derives from that Windows 95 is the first Windows that was really viable for major gaming. I know 3.1 had some games, hell, I know we have a Myst CD some place, but Windows gaming really took off with 95.

But I had to use consoles, as it was easier to mess with them to make them look like 95-tan. I also had to use more of a variety of consoles, but I made an attempt to stick to the ones she'd likely approve of in some contexts. It was not easy, however, and I also broke this rule.

Also, the face is really fucked up, but everything else turned out alright except for some potential mismatched colours.

Random Fact: The teacher of the class I made looks like System 7.5-tan. As you can tell, I'm rather hilarious.

Chocofreak13

that's awesome. as for the picture, it's fucking hilarious and so amazing. like, it bears some resemblance to 95 and you managed to do that with dots and an SNES controller. fucking beautiful. xD

also, 3.1 had quite a few games! i actually own some, though i've never used 3.1. don't knock treasure cove! :0
click to make it bigger

winduko

3.1 wasn't well known for it though, or at least not as much as 95 was. I actually have a 3.1 virtual machine I use primarily to waste time with.

Chocofreak13

most of what i remember 95 doing is getting computers into every. fucking. home. on the planet. sure, they had the entertainment pack from microsoft, but if we want to talk machines specifically for gaming, XP and ME come to mind.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Quote from: winduko on September 16, 2014, 01:39:27 PM
Yeah. My stuff from 8th grade didn't suck badly, but Unfortunate Implications are everywhere in that stuff. So, yeah. It still was poor writing by the standards I hold myself to. I don't apply them to most people, however.

Indeed. Looking back on my stories, there are some instances of that; probably the most amusing one is with Adeleine's weapon of choice in Joey's Adventures being a whip, which at the time was chosen on basis of "oh, cool; Castlevania"...and then I learned of BDSM for the first time a few months after I finished the story ^^;;

Chocofreak13

now now, there are legitimate uses for a whip outside of BDSM. just look at Carnivals, Indiana Jones and Steven Universe.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

True -w-;

Now, some of my stories do have bits I honestly regret writing; this is very much a thing with the old world continuity of Director Who, and is the reason for the split between old and new. Even the final story of the old world continuity, which laid out much of the groundwork for Director Who and is even mentioned in the opening of the first story I posted, just isn't up to par to be in the new world continuity. The early stuff should go without saying; given I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to do, with some rather questionable decisions in terms of both the humor and plot points.

Chocofreak13

you could think of it a bit like how i think of the first Ace's High comics: i take the spine and locations from it, but otherwise, they will never see the light of day again.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed. The new world continuity does acknowledge some events from the old world as still being canon; I've yet to go into full detail on what is and is not canon, and have considered establishing a personal guidebook just to help keep everything organized, and maybe it'll help to come up with the ideas for the concept I have floating around for a story to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the series as a whole (I haven't decided what I want to do, but I do know I want to do something).

Chocofreak13

keeping continuity notes is always a good idea, especially when shit gets really big. s'the reason i have not only plot books, but character and location books for Ace's High.
click to make it bigger

winduko

Zettai Windows isn't going to have much of a continuity, but what little continuity there will be is going to be written down.

Edit: It is also nice to have a list of characters.