On Topic[less]

Started by DustiiWolf, November 27, 2013, 10:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

@Aurora: I'm happy to hear you've been reading even if you don't have anything to contribute right now. Honestly the Windows-tans are a bit out of my scope of knowledge (with the exception of NT-tan, and that's only because of the NT—VMS connection) but I like reading theories for them nonetheless!

Also, I can still remember being a little shocked when I discovered Futaba's 1.0-tan, since OSC's 1.0-tan was the first one I'd been introduced to. ^^'

As for personal canons, I'm quite pleased they have large areas of mutually-compatibility as well. Perhaps it helps that most of the people here have different areas of interest (be it Windows, Macs, Unices, or very old/obscure OS-tans) allowing a greater margin of flexibility.

@Winduko: Indeed, the work of building a fictional world can never really be completed, I don't think.

Chocofreak13

if i recall there was a Futaba 2.0-tan as well, but she's just a bitch to find. even i (in all of my pic-gathering travels) have only seen one or two of her. :0
click to make it bigger

Bella

Wasn't it, like, a blonde girl in bloomers? Or am I misremembering things?

Also, we need moar topics to discuss. But I can't think of anything.

Nichi

Plan 9-tan's wardrobe, perhaps?

Chocofreak13

yes, she was blonde with blue or grey eyes, but if i recall she was either in a kimono or a lolita outfit. she was with 1.0 and 3.1 in matching outfits, though, so that may not be accurate.
click to make it bigger

Bella

@Kari: Hmm, I don't remember that picture in particular. The one I saw she was just wearing a simple shirt and bloomers.

Quote from: PentiumMMX on August 10, 2014, 12:54:52 PM
Plan 9-tan's wardrobe, perhaps?

Ratty casual wear, various thrift shop finds, a really low-cut slinky formal dress, sweaters, several men's suits, a spacesuit, "hot magenta spandex, an overly-sequined Elvis jacket and the special hat with the Christmas lights" (read the comments), a complete Cirno cosplay, an Evangelion plugsuit, fireproof hazard suit for dealing with inferno-chan's .... incidents.

Nichi

Quote from: Bella on August 10, 2014, 09:25:10 PM
various thrift shop finds

"I wear your granddad's clothes; I look incredible"
- my mental thought on what Plan 9-tan would be saying to everyone
I blame my sister for introducing me to that song

Bella

Well she IS into 50s kitsch.

Also, Thrift Shop is a guilty pleasure of mine. -_-

Nichi

LOL -w-;

You know, I had a random thought. How do you think the DEC-tans would feel about HP and/or Compaq? I don't think it'd be favourable, but I'm not 100% sure

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on August 20, 2014, 11:40:03 AM
LOL -w-;

You know, I had a random thought. How do you think the DEC-tans would feel about HP and/or Compaq? I don't think it'd be favourable, but I'm not 100% sure

I could have sworn I answered this a few days ago. Maybe I wrote a reply, previewed it and then navigated away without posting it. ><

Anyway, as I wrote before, I imagine the DEC-tans would feel resentment toward Compaq and HP. Granted, their culture was pretty much in ruins by the time Compaq "conquered" them so it wasn't quite the embarrassment it would've been if they'd been overtaken at the height of their power, but it was a final shame in the downfall of their civilization.

Nichi

Mmm. So, the look on my face would be pretty accurate -w-

winduko

OS-tan fanfic coming Soon™.

Writing one for a class because I can

Nichi

Cool :3

I honestly need to finish my main story -w-;

winduko

I said soon because I don't know when I'll finish it, as my teacher reads what we write over the weekend. I have no issue with this normally, but it still means that I can't transcribe from where I wrote it to a rich text editor. If she wasn't, I'd definitely would have the transcription done tonight and final draft on maybe Sunday?

Nichi

Mmm. In my case, it's just laziness as far as why my story isn't finished -w-;