What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

I think she's calling your computer a frat boy or whoever else it is that drinks Jäger.

Nichi

Name it "PentiumMMX II". I drink Jager, and am cooler than a frat boy -w-;

Chocofreak13

i just figured Jager was a cool name that was right in front of you. ;^;

i mean, how badass is this? (ignore the cross)

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed -w-

*obligatory Nostalgia Critic with giant bottle of Jager pic*

Bella

I've never gotten that logo ........ is that deer illuminated by the light of Christ to go forth and get people hammered?

Nichi

@Bella: ...that is the single greatest quote ever xD

Dr. Kraus

Bella

That's a nice case.

@Pent: lol, thanks.

Chocofreak13

srsly, that was fucking brilliant.

and see, it's actually spurning on the noble stag to gather the blood of christians to act as the noble nectar used to brew the most sacred of liquors.

also, i may have some more stats on the laptops later. however, if the powerbook sells, the thinkpad won't.
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

it would seem that the thinkpad is less for sale than i thought. but the powerbook still is, and here are the specs:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g4/specs/powerbook_g4_500.html

the case is immaculate (no peeling, one minor dent smaller than a pebble in the top being the only issue), the screen is fine (no scratching), and little to no otherwise wear and tear (this was somebody's baby at some point...).
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Ahh

So, 2k is scaring me; yesterday I had Flash player randomly crash when I tried to let an episode of Nostalgia Critic load out (Which is unusual for 2k), and this morning when I started up, Windows was half-functional (Like, everything that loads at start-up was working, but I couldn't get anything else to start). I'm worried that her main drive might be on its way out, which wouldn't surprise me (The drive is nearly 8 years old and IDK how heavily it was used before it ended up in my hands), but still annoying; as I have to reinstall everything ;_;

Chocofreak13

you got 8 solid years out of that drive. that's longer than i've had a laptop.

Claire brought up an interesting point today when we were on the subject of jailbreaking. she has a theory that, should she plug my old drive into the thinkpad, it'll work properly. she went on to elabourate that since we didn't notice any mechanical issues (such as the clicking and creaking of this one), just software, and that Loly's been through 4 hard drives in the 2 and a half years she's been alive, it may be Loly, not the drives........while this sucks balls, it's also a good thing, as we can get me into a functioning computer again while Claire figures out what the hell is causing Loly to suck the life out of hard drives faster than a Succubus on a Frat Boy. also means that i can jailbreak GT to get some interesting new features, such as the VLC app and possibly a Siri Clone (maybe with a male voice ^^ ).
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, I've only had the drive in my possession for 4 years (Was included in TARDIS; 2k's predecessor), but when I looked it up on Dell, it showed it was assembled in 2006

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

i'm doubleposting because i want people to see this:

the Powerbook i mentioned earlier is still up for sale, and the processor has been upgraded from a 500mhz to a 667mhz. Kriz, if i remember right, you were interested in buying it, but at this point any and all takers are welcome, Claire really wants to sell this (since she reeeeally wants to keep the Thinkpad).
click to make it bigger