THE SPANISH INQUISITION RETURNS WITH YET ANOTHER, FALL ANIME SEASON

Started by NejinOniwa, August 11, 2014, 08:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

JUST KIDDING, IT WAS DATABASE ALL ALO-

There's also Chaika s2 and CG ronja and Ultimate Bane Works again and lots of other random shit BUT WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THAT
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Krizonar

Chocofreak13

my picks:

akatsuki no yona ??
amagi brilliant park ?
daitoshokan no hitsujikai ?
denki-gai no honya-san
donten ni warau
gugure! kokkuri-san
MAGIC (FUCKING) KAITO
log horizon ?
ookami shoujo to kuro ouji
mushishi?
nanatsu no taizai
SANZOKU NO MUSUME RONJA FUCK YEAH
ORENCHI NO FURO JIJOU
shigatsu wa kimi no uso ?
HYBRID CHILD
Kuroshitsuji OVA
Yuru Yuri OVA
Wake Up, Girl Zoo! ?
click to make it bigger

Bella

I feel like a crotchety old anime fan because nothing ever jumps out at me on these lists.

Chocofreak13

eh, that's because the quality has also taken a dive. most of the stuff on there doesn't interest me either (or only marginally interests me, as evidenced by those picks with question marks), so as a result i'm probably only going to actively follow the 4 in bold (and one of them's an OVA, sooo....)

as it is i haven't even caught up on Space Dandy or SAO seasons 2 so while i bolded those, their priority isn't as high as, say, my volunteer gigs or trying not to die.
click to make it bigger

sks963

More and more generic harem animes  or sth shit,why dont they feel tired of those?However, i think UBW and MIGI is expectable.
I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.

Nichi

TBH I usually give -500 fucks about hot new anime; only one I actually followed ever as it was airing was Kill la Kill. My reasoning is that why would I jump on board for Hoshi No Harem Desu when I've yet to watch classics like Samurai Champloo?

sks963

Quote from: PentiumMMX on August 11, 2014, 01:28:30 PM
TBH I usually give -500 fucks about hot new anime; only one I actually followed ever as it was airing was Kill la Kill. My reasoning is that why would I jump on board for Hoshi No Harem Desu when I've yet to watch classics like Samurai Champloo?
I found i am hard to understand those Janpanese Kana in English :o
I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.

Chocofreak13

if you're wondering what he said, he's basically saying, why waste time on the flavour-of-the-week harem series when there's actually GOOD, classic stuff to watch, such as Samurai Champloo, Trigun, etc etc?

i've been less and less thrilled with new anime in recent years due to the rise in harem series (well, they were pretty popular during the 00's, but that's mostly because the volume of new stuff was lower). at least they're not trying to hide it behind cutesy, innocent facades or SEEMINGLY good plots this time. >>;
click to make it bigger

Bella

It's good to know I'm not just being overly-critical.

And I couldn't have said it better myself, there are lots of classic anime (or well-received newer series, like Kill La Kill) I still have to watch/catch up on. Why would I watch the newer junk when I could actually pursue something good?

NejinOniwa

There's a simple reason to that, actually.
"Junk" or not, fact is if you make it a habit to every week tune in and watch at least one new episode of one new anime, you create a habit. This means you'll be more likely to actually get your ass out of the TV sofa and get to watching those classic shows you "want to watch", just because you've made a habit of actually watching stuff.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

That's the good part about downloading a file: it waits for when you have time.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Akamatsu predicted this... the death of anime as we know it.  It was never his fault...

Wednesday is 'Get on the desktop and watch Rail Wars' Day, and my season picks areeeee:

-Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de: Is this a second season to something secretly awful?
-Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Why the hell not

Quote from: This ShitAn anime adaptation of the mobile game "Girlfriend (Kari)", a game where the player has a girlfriend, has been announced.
You know what.  Never.  Mind.