OS-tan OVA

Started by tAPOCHKIN, December 02, 2006, 08:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrackham

OK !
Thanks.....

Oh...i remember the title...it's Troubled Windows....
I get it from wakachan board forum.

It's reealllyyy cute flash animation..........
I really hope that OS-tan become a real anime.....i wonder if that could happen someday....
Life is the most complex OS and system ever.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........!!!!!!!!

Life power rules !!!!

Tsubashi

Of course it can happen someday! If you wish really really really hard...  and then get up and go do something about it! ^_^
-Tsu

Thurosis

Thanks ! ^^!

I 'm really happy to hear that! So I will do it step by step ^^ (now where I 9 free days)

The frist step i already made is the figure
The 2nd step will be same but in color
The 3rd step there will be a background
The 4th step may be sound? (if i can do it by myself)

right now i'm on a another fan/fun pic and CaptainBrenden will like it ! ^^

Added after 11 minutes:

Quote from: "C-Chan"
But just so I know, are you tweening the animation by hand or with the computer program you normally use?

I drew the figure (without face) by hand on a transparent paper after that i use a second transparent paper. where i drew the face (actions)
After i drew every movements of the face i use the "advanced gif animator" to  get it fused to a gif animation.

But now i got another idea to get this animation colord ! I use Photoshop
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

redrackham

Creating OS-tan animation ?
It's sound interesting.....
I'll try to make one if i can get my Macromedia Flash MX and Swish 6 back....both of the program were lost when my HDD is dead....

Yosh ! I'll try to draw pict. of OS-tan as the first attemp.
Life is the most complex OS and system ever.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........!!!!!!!!

Life power rules !!!!

Thurosis

Step 2 is ready! Yippie!!! (now it is a question of time until make step 3)

Here is the link :
http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=75&pos=0

I didn't colored it by hand and use the photoshop (CS) with Layers, because there would be more unbalanced things...

but in my own opinion it is good too ^_^ don't you (all) agree?

Quote from: "redrackham"Creating OS-tan animation ?
I'll try to make one if i can get my Macromedia Flash MX and Swish 6 back....both of the program were lost when my HDD is dead....

That would be great if you or more  people helps us (i mean join this project) that would be cool!

Think about it! This would be the first great amateur Animation made by a fan-group! We could be Net-Idols ;054  (Sorry if i tipped something wrong hehehe...)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

C-Chan

Hold that thought, guys!  I'll be right back!  ^__^'

*runs off on errands*

Added after 3 hours 16 minutes:

Okay, the pig is back!  Sorry to keep y'all waiting.... ^__^

QuoteThe frist step i already made is the figure
The 2nd step will be same but in color
The 3rd step there will be a background
The 4th step may be sound? (if i can do it by myself)

Hoho,... actually that might be a very good time to try out a sound test.  ^__^
If you can type in Japanese, let me know what you plan her to say and I'll the text to speech editor + pitch modulation.  ^__^

QuoteI drew the figure (without face) by hand on a transparent paper after that i use a second transparent paper. where i drew the face (actions)
After i drew every movements of the face i use the "advanced gif animator" to get it fused to a gif animation.

But now i got another idea to get this animation colord ! I use Photoshop

Excellent.  Digital coloring is easier and much more practical to edit since it can be placed on a separate layer.  In actual anime movie production, developing techniques that can free up time is key. That way, you'll be free to spend more time improving the delivery.  ^.^

QuoteCreating OS-tan animation ?

Excellent here too.  ^__^
more Flash/Swish users will help, since we naturally need a medium to combine animation frames + sound + simple motion tweening.

Besides, I'm also looking forward to more OS-tan pictures.  ^___^
And silver.... -v-

QuoteStep 2 is ready! Yippie!!! (now it is a question of time until make step 3)

Here is the link :
http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=75&pos=0

I didn't colored it by hand and use the photoshop (CS) with Layers, because there would be more unbalanced things...

but in my own opinion it is good too  don't you (all) agree?

Definitely, I agree 100%.  ^__^
If you were to color each animation frame by hand, there will of course be that "fluttering" effect to the animation.  This is sometimes used as an artistic technique for flashbacks, psychadelic trips, comedies and kid's media, but in anime the colors generally tend to be flat and steady.  Even though coloring it once makes it look stiff, this is how it's actually done in real life (with just the eyes and mouth moving somewhat).  You even got the flat-shading done very nicely -- true, it's not as detailed as your usual manga, but it will save you lots of time.  In Anime, you trade rich drawings for richer delivery (movement, storytelling, sound, etc.)  ^__^

That being said, the animation of XP-tan's body still has a slight shudder to it.  I know you drew her only once so this isn't the result of a frame-by-frame issue -- most likely, it might have something to do with how Advanced GIF Animator compiled your animation.  Maybe you should look into that a little.

Also, when it comes time to add sound, we will have to separate the movement between the eyes and the mouth.  The mouth must move a couple of times on its own (to simulate lip syncing) before the eyes can blink.  (I'd say about 6 iterations of the mouth movement -- of various speeds -- per eye blink).

If you don't mind me touching the GIF a little, I can probably demonstrate for you what I mean?  'v'

QuoteThat would be great if you or more people helps us (i mean join this project) that would be cool!

Think about it! This would be the first great amateur Animation made by a fan-group! We could be Net-Idols  (Sorry if i tipped something wrong hehehe...)

Hehe,... well, there have been lots of mini fan-based Animes done before, so I wouldn't go that far just yet.  ^^;
"Voices of a Distant Star", for example, was an excellent 30-minute home-brewed Anime created by a single person (+ a massive rendering computer + his wife for early voice-acting).  

But there aren't that many OS-tan animations, and certainly very few of them that animate the girls fully, or have any kind of story.  The OS-tan Idol Master video, for example, uses a lot of borrowed GIFs and images, and music/sound (but to their benefit, you can see how amazing the delivery was).  ^___^

The XP-tan YouTube video has full animation, but is really just a gimmick (no story).

In other words, there's an extremely difficult but very rewarding market to explore.  ^__^

CaptBrenden

good start :D  How much animation have you done before thurosis?  I got a great book on animation concepts and techniques but unfortunatly I cant lend it to you for obvious reasons -_-

But here are some pointers... If you down want any advanced critique, stop reading now.

First.. there is a slight tremor in your drawing.  if your just using the same frame and modifying the moving peices.. that shouldnt happen.. If your doing a trace back every time.. which it dosent look like thats great.. its concidered more skilled, but you have to use the original frame for the trace back every time so our not tracing back the errors in the traced frames.  this will just make your lines seem alive but they wont nessicarily move.  However by looking at your lines they dont seem "alive" it just seems that your tremor is caused by a shifted frame or two.  Not much you can do there... just be mindful of it in the future.

With eyes, the center frame should never be a flat line.  it should be either slightly curved up, or slightly curved down.  Actually looking closer.. yours is a strait line in all frames... -_- You should really curve that line as the eye is not a flat surface.  More difficult to animate but much better effect in the end.

Next is your frame count.. you have the basic naimation there.. but you really ought to have a few more frames.. as it is the animation repeats too often and the animation seems jumpy.. moar frames means smoother animation. and a few eyes open frames will keep her from looking like shes trying to get something out of her eye.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Thurosis

Thanks CaptainBrenden ^_^ I will keep that in mind! ^_^
I notice that already (and now i'm searching for a trick to stop that shaking)

By the way ! (This isn't a excuse)That was a work of a 45 min. (the uncolored version! Pretty fast i would say) and I didn't exspect very much because:

- This was my first gif animation
- The shaking annoys me too
- It was a test to my skills

how i tricked
As i said before i drew ONE XP-Tan wihout face on a transparent foil
on the second one the movment. (I only made/ scaned x4 that means   i made only 4 versions hheehe... and this was... öhm ... bad)

For the colored version i tricked a little bit too ^^"  I colored only the first version on layers! After that i use per drag and drop to transfer to the other version...  the color was in the right place in the animation but the coloring caused that the unbalanced black edges are looking even more shaking...

The next time i will do it better! ^_^
As it is called so beautiful: one learns from its error

C-Chan

So will you let me show you what I was talking about, Thurosis?

I basically said the same thing, minus the part about the eyes.  But I won't touch your work unless you give me permission to do so.  -v-

Thurosis

Quote from: "C-Chan"So will you let me show you what I was talking about, Thurosis?

I basically said the same thing, minus the part about the eyes.  But I won't touch your work unless you give me permission to do so.  -v-

Teach me please!!!! You have the permission!

I made that small gif animation because i was bored ^_^

C-Chan

Okay then, give me a little while.  ^__^

BTW, I personally don't like the word "Teach" since I'm only teaching about new OS-tans, not how to draw.  
As far as artwork gues, I'd rather say I'm "consulting".  ^.^

*trots off to load up ImageReady*

Thurosis

Quote from: "C-Chan"Okay then, give me a little while.  ^__^

BTW, I personally don't like the word "Teach" since I'm only teaching about new OS-tans, not how to draw.  
As far as artwork gues, I'd rather say I'm "consulting".  ^.^

*trots off to load up ImageReady*

Okay, then consult me! ^_^ I'm  looking forward

C-Chan

Okay, finally got home and worked on this.  ^__^

Here's a small-sized version for posting here:

And I'm also packing a ZIP containing the normal-sized GIF, plus a PSD file with the new layer structure I used.

Added after 7 minutes:

There was very little for me to actually do, since your original was already quite superbly drawn.  

The shakiness I removed by simply putting a single XP in the bottom layer, then appearing-and-disappearing the eyes and mouth based on the needs of the particular frame.  The blink I set after 5 mouth iterations only -- I still think that's a little too quick, but maybe it's just a windy day.  ^^;
Either way, the fewer frames used helped cut down on file size.

This is only a test, so I leave any other artistic modifications you may want to add up to you.  ^^
The only other embellishment I did was slightly changing the speed with which the mouth moves in certain parts, to simulate a semi-lip sync. More a test for myself than anything else.  ^^

Still, as far as future anime production goes, keep in mind that you made the mouth movement a bit smoother than usual.  In other words, you still have some wiggle room to cut down an an extra frame or so without affecting the Anime video quality.  This might save you a little time, unless you're aiming for more old Disney/Miyazaki-quality animation.  ^__^

[attachment deleted by admin]

Laevatein

Smooth looking awesomeness there O_O All we need is a background XD

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

C-Chan

Yeah, Thurosis said he's working on a background next.  Consider this a tech demo of sorts.  -v-

Added after 1 hours 52 minutes:

Anyway, some progress on the OS9 Dancing pic.  We're up to 5 frames, though I have them repeating here in a loop and at a slightly slower speed for demonstration purposes:

It's gonna be a bit hard cheating here thanks to Sonata-san's asymmetrical design, but at least its a good test of frame by frame repositioning with vectors.  Just wish I had more time to create the next 15 frames ASAP,... -___-;