OS-tan OVA

Started by tAPOCHKIN, December 02, 2006, 08:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurosis

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"If you want to become the best artist you can, you have to take every peice seriosly and try to do it better then the last!!

I never said that i want to be the best artist because in my own opinion every artist have his/her own style, so at the end no-one is better than the other but they are different( I want to say: There are no better or worse.) The only differences between us artist are: how long we done it already and how many experience we made.

And if I work that hard that I can be the best artist i think I'll die in the next few seconds caused by exhaustion  ;014

But that doesn't mean that I disagree with your opinion because your right too, because if want a good picture I must take it seriously and if i want to improve I must try to do it better than the last time!^^

But I won't stop to improve myself in drawing or in learning new skills and techniques.

Added after 19 minutes:

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"We want to master our art, and if people enjoy the pictures we draw and the storys we tell then so beit! Never sacrifice your art for glory or fame

That's true. And I want that the peoples enjoy my pictures and stories.

But at the begining, when I started to draw Mangas and pictures, thought the same way C-Chan I always thought: be better in drawing and then get famous and rich... but I realize that this was a mistake because, after a while so about 2 years,(draw since 4 years now) (i improved really fast) I was never satisfied with my own pics.

but isn't that a mistake that many artist made at the begining?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

C-Chan

Anooooo.....  ^^;

I don't believe I used rich and famous in what I said.....   ^v^;
On the contrary, methinks I used "free" more than once.  ^.^;

The videos themselves are also free, btw,... so aside from a few perks I can offer, it's up to you whether you want to volunteer your time to work on something new and exciting, but still relatively obscure and experimental.....  T__T;

There will be credits of course,... ALL movies have credits.  ^^

CaptBrenden

T_T then your a sell out.. for free. I see how much your pride costs!

And windows should dominate the tans!! And 3.1sama will rule them all.. Fufufufu ~you fools!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Thurosis

Quote from: "C-Chan"Anooooo.....  ^^;

I don't believe I used rich and famous in what I said.....   ^v^;
On the contrary, methinks I used "free" more than once.  ^.^;

The videos themselves are also free, btw,... so aside from a few perks I can offer, it's up to you whether you want to volunteer your time to work on something new and exciting, but still relatively obscure and experimental.....  T__T;

There will be credits of course,... ALL movies have credits.  ^^

Oh i' m sorry i misunderstood again -.- sorry (as i said before here or at an other topic) i'm not quite good in english...

Gomen-na-sai !!!

Added after 3 minutes:

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"T_T then your a sell out.. for free. I see how much your pride costs!

And windows should dominate the tans!! And 3.1sama will rule them all.. Fufufufu ~you fools!

I never sold a pic! As i said before i want that people enjoy my works!
That woud be cool if 3.1 sama controls them all hehehehe....

YEAH! 3.1sama rulez ^^"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

C-Chan

QuoteT_T then your a sell out.. for free. I see how much your pride costs!

GAHAHA!!!  ^v^
If you think that's cheap, you should've seen me at Youmacon Artist Alley.  ^___^'
I swear some of my neighbors hated me.... -v-'

And yeah, she "Should".  Too bad she can't.  Fufufu.... ^___^

Sorry, I couldn't resist sinning.  Time to put the perks of religion to good use.  ^v^

In the name of the Prophet, the Goddess and the Holy Kitten... Amen....  -v-

*feels magically forgiven*

QuoteOh i' m sorry i misunderstood again -.- sorry (as i said before here or at an other topic) i'm not quite good in english...

Gomen-na-sai !!!

That's fine, I remember you telling me that.  ^__^

Just next time, always remember that the pig is always nice.  ^.^
Anything I say that sounds mean or disparaging is probably just your imagination.  ^v^'

Fufufu....  -.-

Nah just kidding,...
But seriously, don't feel embarrassed to ask for clarification if something doesn't sound clear.  -v-

QuoteI never sold a pic! As i said before i want that people enjoy my works!
That woud be cool if 3.1 sama controls them all hehehehe....

YEAH! 3.1sama rulez ^^"

In this case, for example, methinks he was referring to /Cchan. ^^

I myself have sold a few drawings, but for dirt cheap (hence I sold out) and for charitable purposes.  (I was also fairly generous with free giveways, mainly to young girls who were dressed in cute cosplay and an aspiring 12-year old artist, and that memorable energetic 16-year old girl who lost the autograph of her favorite seiyuu).  Didn't do much to increase the traffic to this site, however, as not many people were at all versed in OS-tans.  -v-

===========

In any case, time to talk business as far as this micro-OVA goes.  ^__^

Give me one second...

*starts typing*

Added after 27 minutes:

QuoteOkay! (I never notice that because i thought both are important)

When you look at standard Anime titles (not Miyazaki ones, for example), look carefully, and see how often characters stand perfectly still, moving only their lips and maybe occasionally their eyelids.

The overall production value is so good (as far as color, sharpness, story, music, sound, drama, detail, etc), you barely notice all the cheap tricks used.  But they're there for the most part, and help make sure the episode is created in time for the TV air date (or OVA/movie release date, whichever is the case).

Might also shed some light as to why Anime endings are often fairly rushed.  ^^;

okay I won't do that anymore but why is it unlucky?

Fufufu.... read the section entitled "Dispute between Futaba Society and Deja Vu".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os-tan

If you want to understand the OS-tan world further, you need to be acquainted with its ugly side too.  ^.^'

QuoteI'm really interested in drawing techniques because I like to improve my self (in drawing). The reason why i like that started for 3-4 years when i was 15 i always want to be a manga/animation drawer/painter (I still want to)
i don't know what a "vector graphic program" is but i use sometimes the "Photoshop CS" to correct/improve my pictures. I know i don't know everything about Photoshop (short : My know-how are only the basics about that program)
but i 'm ready to learn more ^^

Excellent, I like when people are willing to do more.  ^__^

Judging from your drawings and your use of Photoshop, I'm guessing your primary approach is to work by hand first, then do post-production on your computer using raster graphics.

Raster graphics are essentially the equivalent of "ink" to a computer -- when you draw using the paintbrush tool in Photoshop, you're essentially splashing pixels onto the screen.  This is why programs like Photoshop and Manga Studio are more artist-friendly -- because they better approximate the tools you use in real life.

Vector graphics, on the other hand, are more abstract.  Instead of drawing your lines, you plot start, intermediate and end points, and then use bezier curves to morph into the desired shape.  The lines are clean and uniform, the shapes can be automatically filled with color, and everything can be reshaped and repositioned at will.  This is why I always say that vector graphics editing is more similar to sculpting than drawing.

A lot of artists prefer to use vector graphics program just to clean up lines for inking (and then switch to raster for coloring and shading.
In my case, I use vectors for EVERYTHING, and use Photoshop only when rendering advanced effects or quick soft-shading.  The end result works for me because the modern-day Anime style is flat and angular (with emphrasis placed on detail instead), precisely the way art usually looks with vectors.  ^__^

If you're interested in trying this out, download this free program....

http://www.inkscape.org/

...and play around with it a bit to see what I'm talking about.  If you need instructions, I can happily provide.  ^__^

Bear in mind, there are many other ways to help me out with the micro-OVAs.

Here are some of the non-keyframe animation rendering jobs available:

Raster Graphics Editor (for raster images)
    Music Mixer (for later micro-OVAs)
    Japanese Language Writer (to correct my invitable grammar mistakes)  ^^'
    Sound Pitch Modulator (for when I do artificial voice acting)
    Special Effects Maker
    Flash Editor
    Historian (to help flesh out personalities of vintage OS-tans).
    Commentator (to review posts and provide feedback on storyboards, art direction, etc.)
    [/list]

And maybe some others I haven't thought of yet.  -v-

Thurosis

Raster Graphics Editor (for raster images)
      Music Mixer (for later micro-OVAs)
      Japanese Language Writer (to correct my invitable grammar mistakes)  ^^'
      Sound Pitch Modulator (for when I do artificial voice acting)
      Special Effects Maker
      Flash Editor
      Historian (to help flesh out personalities of vintage OS-tans).
      Commentator (to review posts and provide feedback on storyboards, art direction, etc.)
      [/list]

where can i get these things?? but as i said before i can only draw -.-"...

i can play one music (ode to joy ^^) on the violin but nothing more (i begann to play violin for a month or so hehehe... (I m just a bloody-beginner hehehe)

Added after 13 minutes:

i it sadly... tried the inkscape but i can't draw with the computer-mouse...
      what can i do ??

C-Chan

where can i get these things?? but as i said before i can only draw -.-"...

Well, those aren't apps, but just rather tasks that need to be done, albeit with fancy names.  I'll explain more about them later.  ^__^

Quotei can play one music (ode to joy ^^) on the violin but nothing more (i begann to play violin for a month or so hehehe... (I m just a bloody-beginner hehehe)

As far as music is concerned, I think we can forego the luxury of composing our own for the time being.  By music "mixing", one simply takes existing music and shifts it around with unrelated music to form a new soundtrack.  For the first micro-OVA, this is unnecessary, since the whole test will use a single theme.

Quotei it sadly... tried the inkscape but i can't draw with the computer-mouse...
      what can i do ??

Hehe,... well, that's vector graphics.  ^__^

Like I said, it's not a program you "draw", rather you sculpt with.  ^v^

The only exception are two buttons on the left toolbar, the one that looks like a pencil, the other that looks like a fountain pen.

If you select the pencil, then you can freeform on the screen like with any drawing program.  However, it is still vectors, so when you're done you'll end up with an object riddled with anchors to get it to look the way you draw.  These can be easily repositioned, in order to fix anything that wasn't drawn properly.

Later on I'll be making a separate thread that serves as an Inkscape tutorial -- I'll go over how to start, how to trace, how to draw sample characters, etc.   I'll try to make it with pictures too, so when Fedora-dono makes the Comic Page, I can load it there too for easy reading.  ^__^

Since there's no rush to create the movie yet, you might consider waiting until that's done before you can say for sure that vector graphics are for you.  ^___^

Thurosis

Okay, then i wait for the tutorial

C-Chan

Fortunately you've got your own manga to work on while I write up the necessary training material.  ^__^

I take it you're a Rozen Maiden fan, btw, so the first micro-OVA might be of interest to you.  -v-

.....Alrighty then, I'm off.  ^__^

*trots away to work on half-a-dozen projects*

Thurosis

Quote from: "C-Chan"Fortunately you've got your own manga to work on while I write up the necessary training material.  ^__^

I'm ready with my manga sice 2 month for the manga competition if you mean that. ^_^ But right now i'm drawing  some pics from my manga and a fan-pic from OS-tan ^__^  
      I take it you're a Rozen Maiden fan, btw, so the first micro-OVA might be of interest to you.  -v-

Not only that ! ^^ I 'm always interested in making animes! Rozen Maiden is the anime that I most like! Nothing (in my opinion) is/was better than Rozen Maiden

Thurosis

I couldn't wait so long so i created a small gif animation (right now i don't have the right color pencils so i couldn't color it )

this isn't much but this my first fan-art from Os-tan too hehehe... ^_^

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=75&pos=0

but i hope you all like it  ;001

Tsubashi

Quotei hope you all like it

Sugoku sugoi! Bravo!

Quotethis isn't much but this my first fan-art from Os-tan too hehehe...  

If this isn't much I can't even begin imagine how great a "much" drawing would be!!!
      -Tsu

C-Chan

QuoteI couldn't wait so long so i created a small gif animation (right now i don't have the right color pencils so i couldn't color it )

Oh right, sorry, forgot to mention that C-chan waiting times are gruesomely lengthy.  -v-'
      But since Tsubashi-san has also expressed interest in conscripting himself for animation assistance, the Inkscape tutorial MUST get done at some point since there's already some demand for it.  Sadly, now I feel like I'm being pulled in half-a-million directions, but I'll try my best.  ^^'

In any case, did see the GIF in your gallery.  It is a very fine test, and I'm certainly looking forward to see how the color version will look like.  But just so I know, are you tweening the animation by hand or with the computer program you normally use?

Quotethis isn't much but this my first fan-art from Os-tan too hehehe...

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=75&pos=0

but i hope you all like it Smile at army !

Well yes, with that I have to agree with Tsubashi-san.  For your first OS-tan fanart, it is very detailed and richly colored, plus the lines are clean which is very important.  ^^
      I especially like how the elaborate manga feel of your Wiesbaden characters carry through here.  -v-

I'd say don't worry, cause I'd find it hard to believe anyone WOULDN'T like it.  -v-

redrackham

Umh.....hello......
      About the OS-tan....it's really interesting and i join this forum because of an flash video i got from a board forum.

I really wanted to know where i can find more of this video about OS-tan.
      Thanks.
      Life is the most complex OS and system ever.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........!!!!!!!!

Life power rules !!!!

C-Chan

Hello there, little Gundam ME.  ^__^
      I wonder if this video you're talking about is that famous one that's become something of a member magnet.... -v-

In any case, when you get your post count up a little higher, feel free to start your quest for OS-tan video animation files here:

http://ostan-collections.net/downloads.php?cat=3

At the moment I don't recall where it is, but somewhere in this board is a link to the OS-tan Idolmaster video as well.  -v-