What phone/smart device are you using?

Started by DustiiWolf, January 20, 2014, 08:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex S

May as well bite...

Cell phone is an old Motorola Droid, with a slide-out keyboard. I haven't named it, but the notification sound is the MMPR communicator beep.

The only other devices I have are my unnamed 8GB Creative ZEN MP3 player that I've had for years and that has an XP-tan wallpaper, and my DSs, which are named.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Alex S

Well, the first one isn't really a 'smart' device, but here goes:

Minamimoto, my black DS Lite. The name mostly is because when saving your game in The World Ends With You, the DS system's name is displayed, and I had managed to get the rank 'Composer'. I thought it would be nice to give that zetta-crazy genius what he wanted.  It stopped working about a year ago, but inexplicably started working again after sitting a few months.

Forte.EXE, my Pokémon Black special edition DSi.  Named after one of the best characters, and best villains, from the Rockman.EXE/Megaman Battle Network games and anime. This name was mostly because I named the first system after a villain.

Asakura, my black 3DS.  Named after my favorite character from Haruhi. If anyone cares, my friend code is 4554-0482-1721.

Chocofreak13

nice, nice. ^^

also, I'm taking this thread to be a "What Peripheral Device are you Using?" thread.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 24, 2014, 10:02:00 AM
also, I'm taking this thread to be a "What Peripheral Device are you Using?" thread.

I meant it more for cellphones and "smart devices" (iPod Touch, Galaxy Player, Smartwatch, Smartphone, etc...) But peripherals works just the same. I dont think theres a place for those yet, is there? So, why not?

I dont really name my portable stuff but heres the list (with a few peripherals added):

• Nintendo 3DS (Black)
  • Nokia Lumia 521 (White)
  • LG Quantum (Black) [Unused]
  • Nokia Purity Headphones by Monster (White)
  • JBL+Nokia Power Up Speaker (White)
Official -tans are my bat signal.

DustiiWolf

Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

I read that as dong-excite.gif. dammit pent.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

LeaflameSD

I have this cheap Chinese Android tablet my Gran got me for my 13th birthday. Used it for literally a few hours on the day, and the operating system got brick'd.

Still have it, still works, but it won't boot, and gives me this error telling me I have to restore it from ext. storage (micro SD).

Since I got it, it just sat on my shelf, collecting dust. Now I'm working on restoring it. I still have a shred of faith in it.

Chocofreak13

@leaf: hope it works out, nothing irks me more than pouring time into a device that ends up being a lost cause. ><;
@pent: yes, I do have a problem.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Leaf: My sister had a no-name Android tablet her father-in-law bought her for Christmas one year. That thing was terrible; she finally replaced it with an Acer tablet, which actually works quite well.

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 24, 2014, 02:38:52 PM
@leaf: hope it works out, nothing irks me more than pouring time into a device that ends up being a lost cause. ><;

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 24, 2014, 02:49:39 PM
@Leaf: My sister had a no-name Android tablet her father-in-law bought her for Christmas one year. That thing was terrible; she finally replaced it with an Acer tablet, which actually works quite well.
PROTIP: Never buy an aPad, lol.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger