CG renders

Started by Randalt, October 24, 2006, 02:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

-_- may have never used poser, but ive done plenty of 3d sculping.  But Ill stand by hand drawn drawings.  Becomeing a good artist isnt just about natural talent, sometimes its just unyealind tanacity.  Todd Mcfarland, famost artist of spawn and his toy line and a bunch of other stuff, never drew a day in his life before he was 18. He decided he wanted to draw one day, picked up dozens of sketchbooks and drew constantly till he filled them all.  Filled the first one with nothing but hands.  filled an entier sketchbook with nothing but hands and how he draws some of the most amazing dynamic comic book hands.. and he kept doing that untill he could draw the human form perfectly.

Its just practice and not cutting corners.  True acomplishment comes through hard work, talent is just a head start.  

Im not dissing your art, I think its very good.  You both seem to have plenty of fans of your work too.. but I dont belive in using those tools.  I want to be a serios artist one day, and I belive to do that I need to be able to draw without the aid of "crustches"
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

zerodin

Yeah, some people perfer traditional artwork.

Darknight_88

You got a nice style zerodin, still needs work (as every artist, constant improvement), but it's very good.

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"-_- may have never used poser, but ive done plenty of 3d sculping.  But Ill stand by hand drawn drawings.  Becomeing a good artist isnt just about natural talent, sometimes its just unyealind tanacity.  Todd Mcfarland, famost artist of spawn and his toy line and a bunch of other stuff, never drew a day in his life before he was 18. He decided he wanted to draw one day, picked up dozens of sketchbooks and drew constantly till he filled them all.  Filled the first one with nothing but hands.  filled an entier sketchbook with nothing but hands and how he draws some of the most amazing dynamic comic book hands.. and he kept doing that untill he could draw the human form perfectly.

Its just practice and not cutting corners.  True acomplishment comes through hard work, talent is just a head start.  

Im not dissing your art, I think its very good.  You both seem to have plenty of fans of your work too.. but I dont belive in using those tools.  I want to be a serios artist one day, and I belive to do that I need to be able to draw without the aid of "crustches"

/me agrees
Hand drawing for the win. Still, I won't deny that all my poses come from a reference. All my poses are referenced in some extent from real life, directly or from pictures. I would say it's somehow the same as doing 3D models, just a bit less flexible.

Myself, I don't considerate me as an artist nor I have the goal to become a serious artist. I just draw because I like to. But that doesn't mean that I won't try to improve, on the contrary, improve my knowledge and technique with each drawing and doodle, constant practice.

zerodin

Well of course.
It's no fun if everyone uses the same media.

C-Chan

The Captain speaks truthfully of course,... When you practice something,... anything really,... you will undoubtedly get good at it.  

And considering talent to be a head start is the best description I've heard ever of it,... and if more people here understood that, there wouldn't be such a fear of drawing.  I love the Japanese art style, but it does tick me off when people put it on some high pedestal, as if it's some godly thing that can be admired but never contested....  -v-

In my case, unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice I'm afraid.  -v-

I may lose inspiration again or be forced to abandon it for legitimate reasons,... either way, my ability to create OS-tans, or even stay in this forum, are terribly finite.  Hence my obsession with speed,... I want as many of my characters and experiments to be transferred out of my brain and onto physical media as possible, before I lose my chance to do so and regret it.  -____-

Why, I wonder?

Probably for that "Education" thing again....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

I deal in numismatics for precisely the same reason, so it seems preserving history is a big thing for me....  ^.^

zerodin

Oh without question. It used to take me up to an hour to get one panel done, that was before I taught myself more efficient ways of doing things!

CaptBrenden

Good things come with time and effort.  Id rather soend an hour on one really good panel then finish a full page I wasnt happy with -_-
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

zerodin

Well that's just it, I got to the point where I could make better panels in shorter amounts of time, the older ones would be less articulated, but take alot longer! Where as the new ones looked better and took me less time to make, so instead of taking days to make a page, I could get a two page set finished in one day.

C-Chan

BTW, zerodin,....

Not to change the subject, but would you be interested in a Coco-tan 100x100 framed avatar?  Already started one anyway for the Wiki, but can expedite it if you want it as your avatar.  ^___^

Added after 1 minutes:

Oh, and by 100x100's, I mean stuff like these....

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/Avatar_Gallery

zerodin

Hell yeah! That would be great!

C-Chan

Excellent.  ^__^

Here ya go... ^v^

I'm also uploading the production version (450x700) in my scrap art gallery, so feel free to check that out as well if you like.  ^.^

zerodin

WOW! Hot damn! Thanks!!! ;010
You made a slight typo on the description "you got Trs-90 instead of 80"

C-Chan

Oh that,...  ^__^
I just call her the TRS-90 to avoid confusion with the original black-and-white (or green or orange...) TRS-80.  Radio Shack did us a disservice by keeping the same name for the Color Computer, but fortunately "Coco" took better.  ^__^

BTW, that looks good on ya!  ^v^

Added after 5 minutes:

Oh, and hope you're okay with the door handle earrings.  Thought some gawdy accessory from the 1980's would help accentuate her hair a bit more.

$9.99USD, or something like $2.50USD in 1980's dollars.  -v-

zerodin

Yeah I like that!
Can't make her an 80s girl without the proper cheezy accessory!