Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Started by SleepyD, January 24, 2007, 01:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Jeff recomends Triad, so the captain downloads Triad.  
'K
Enjoy your slow subs -__-
I'll be watching the last episode of the sequel when you reach the last episode of Higurashi :P

CaptBrenden

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

SleepyD

indeed they be slow. ^^  But I started with Triad and I intend to finish with Triad.  They've started subbing Higurashi again anyway.

Higurashi, however was the first time I was impatient enough to go an download from another subber to finish the series. I liked it that much.  (Either that, or their cliffhangers kept me addicted)

And like I said, WinD has decent subs. There were one or two things that irked me, but nothing major (as evidenced by the fact I can't remember what they were). I heard their first subs had a few more errors, but I didn't watch em.

Topic change! (or attempt at it heh... you may continue previous discussion if desired)
So, for those who have watched it... Favorite character? And reason why?

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"quality takes longer.  heh
But, this is not the case...WinD's subs are actually good enough.

I know you'll end downloading WinD subs...you'll not be able to resist the temptation to know what happens after ep 18...bwahahaha
See SleepyD example :D

>:3

Quote from: "SleepyD"

Topic change! (or attempt at it heh... you may continue previous discussion if desired)
So, for those who have watched it... Favorite character? And reason why?

Ã,¬Ã,¬
That's a hard question. I guess Rena.
"Why,  I wonder? Why, I wonder? I don't know! I don't know!"

Nidas

Quote from: "SleepyD"So, for those who have watched it... Favorite character? And reason why?

Rika. Ni pah~ ...nuff said really :D Shes just really cute XD

CaptBrenden

I always get from the same sub group.  the only time I didnt was with negima.. and that was a mistake -_-

SleepyD

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
Ã,¬Ã,¬
That's a hard question. I guess Rena.
"Why,  I wonder? Why, I wonder? I don't know! I don't know!"

Sou kana? kana?
Yeah it's a hard question. It's supposed to be. Even I have trouble deciding. ^^

Quote from: "Nidas"

Rika. Ni pah~ ...nuff said really :D Shes just really cute XD

To quote Rena, "omochikaeri~~!" That cuteness is a weapon, I swear.

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"I always get from the same sub group.  the only time I didnt was with negima.. and that was a mistake -_-

Yeah, I don't like changing groups either, that's why I'm still dl'ing Triads despite the fact I already finished watching them.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "SleepyD"

To quote Rena, "omochikaeri~~!" That cuteness is a weapon, I swear.
Or a unit of exchange:

NewYinzer

Cuteness as a weapon, eh?

That reminds me a little of Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (hereby referred to as "the Melancholy", "Haruhi's show", "TMHS", or "SOS-dan"), when Haruhi had recruited Asahina because of her "lolita face and huge breasts".

SleepyD

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
Or a unit of exchange:

HA! That cracked me up!

Yinz: well in Mikuru's case, her cuteness was a reason for her to be taken advantage of.

*attempt to keep thread going*
Most discomforting moment?  (I bet you this will have spoilers, and experiencing "discomfort," I believe, is part of the experience in watching Higurashi)

question 2: Opinion on the music? OP/ED... Kawai Kenji's OST, or dai's music for the games? Has anyone here watched the Higurashi Motion Graphics? (if not you should)

HMG1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=l4wIe0EBJ9I
HMG2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=K0F2pVjw-HY
HMG3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FA2GsHmthtc

...I need to find the other 2...

CaptBrenden

just started episode 5... seriosly.. WTF.  Out of morbid curiosity I will continue to watch.. but so far.. Im a bit disturbed and worried about this series.  I went into it not knowing what it was about, but from the art i had seen I assumed it was a cute funny one.. not one about insanity and murder.

thanks alot you guys -_-

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"just started episode 5... seriosly.. WTF.  Out of morbid curiosity I will continue to watch.. but so far.. Im a bit disturbed and worried about this series.  I went into it not knowing what it was about, but from the art i had seen I assumed it was a cute funny one.. not one about insanity and murder.

uh? you're the first person I know who really thought that this was just a cute funny show...

Yeah, Higurashi is all about killer lolis. And mystery. And suspense.

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"
thanks alot you guys -_-

no problem ^__________________^

>:3

CaptBrenden

Actually.. it seems to me like its an anime version of a J Horror flick.. like ringu and such.. cant think of any other animes Ive seen that fall into that genra.. but thats what it feels like. Bizzar happenings and curses, dead people coming back to haunt you and all that

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Actually.. it seems to me like its an anime version of a J Horror flick.. like ringu and such.. cant think of any other animes Ive seen that fall into that genra.. but thats what it feels like. Bizzar happenings and curses, dead people coming back to haunt you and all that

Well, In fact, if you really want to know, If you really you can't wait, then...SPOILERS AHEAD:

Don't believe in everything you see. The human mind can be treacherous, especially when given the proper stimulation and predisposition
;)

Not really a spoiler, more like a hint.
:D
Just try to formulate your own guesses and hypothesis about why this and that happens. That's what makes this series interesting.
Even at the end of the series, there's no final answer.

There's a supernatural factor (more like CUTE MOE and "HORNY" supernatural factor...but it isn't displayed in the series. Only int he game. And the fanart. Which I have a lot)  playing an important role on this series, but that doesn't mean that EVERYTHING is supernatural (like ringU and such)

CaptBrenden

and it seems the series comes in short 4 ep stories that are related but slightly different from one another...  differnt each time, so im sure in some of them its not a curse or oger.. in others it might be