What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

Yep, that's how mine is too.  And the TV as well.  That's what I used the pencil for yesterday.

Bella

YOU GUYS AND YOUR COMPUTER PROBLEMS. THEY FRIGHTEN ME.

*clings to Eve protectively*

Nichi

No issues with Asagi, thankfully :3

Chocofreak13

AND REMEMBER KIDS, WINNERS DON'T BATTER THEIR COMPUTERS LIKE A JEHOVA'S WITNESS CHILD
click to make it bigger

Bella

Pretty much the only time I lay my hands on my computers is to lovingly caress them. I'm like the opposite of a computer-batterer. (。・3・。)

Chocofreak13

russell says i have rage issues. i agree. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

There's nothing wrong with taking your rage out on stuff but at least do it to things that aren't easily-breakable.

Speaking of computer abuse.... I woke up this morning with my phone turned on, underneath my pillow, burning up. It'd done that thing where its screen turns on and refuses to go off and runs down the battery. But it also occured under a pillow so it had the chance to half bake itself to death. I felt awful about it so I popped out the battery and let it cool down for a few hours. :/

Chocofreak13

bells, that's when you stick it in the snow. lacking any snow atm, you stick it in the freezer.

i once stuck my N64 in the snow to cool it off. worked out just fine. and it's routine for me to slap ice packs on my PS2's head since i usually play games for hours at a time.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'd think sticking a cell phone in the freezer would be bad for the screen :\

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

If you have a clicking HDD you can stick that in the freezer for around an hour and the joints will stay together long enough for you to get all the data off of it.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

@Kari: In all honesty, it cooled down quite quickly after I popped the battery out. I just laid the phone and the battery on the floor, which was nice and cool.

@Kraus: Isn't the HDD in the freezer trick a myth? I heard it's a bad idea because you'll almost certainly introduce liquid into the HDD and make everything about 50x worse.

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Bella on August 04, 2013, 04:31:05 PM
@Kraus: Isn't the HDD in the freezer trick a myth? I heard it's a bad idea because you'll almost certainly introduce liquid into the HDD and make everything about 50x worse.

It works as long as you don't over do it

Chocofreak13

so not for too long, and not too frequently?
click to make it bigger