Main Menu

Touhou

Started by SleepyD, June 09, 2007, 10:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Oh, also: looks like the CK2 Touhou mod I mentioned earlier is finally fleshed out enough to be enjoyable. Try it out, y'all.

There's also a new game on the way: TH13.5 ~ Hopeless Mirror.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

SoldierSpence

You know what, I'm finally going to post something here after all.  Here's Brainscratch's commentary on Tohouvania 2!  Well, part 1 at least.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_44W7a1V7cY

Here's a bit of fanart as well to go along with it.

Just in case you can't read the first text box: "Good job Sakuya.  I always wondered what a man was."

I feel bad for all of them.  Especially Ryan's friend.

I hope your ready!

Bella

I've been playing a Touhou clone for Android. Does that count?

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Bella on May 23, 2013, 10:47:31 PM
I guess...?
What was it by the way?

SleepyD

Touhou is a series of games, primarily in the vertical scrolling shooter/bullet hell genre of games.
So unless it actually was Touhou, then no.

That would be like saying "I've never played Street Fighter, but I've played Tekken! Does that count?"

That said, Touhou has the added complication that there are mountains upon mountains of fanmade games of many different genres, and since those are arguably just as valid as the games by ZUN, well... the only criteria at this point is whether or not it had Touhou characters in it.

Bella

Quote from: LeaflameSD on May 24, 2013, 01:53:41 AM
Quote from: Bella on May 23, 2013, 10:47:31 PM
I guess...?
What was it by the way?

BakaSTG.

Quote from: SleepyD on May 24, 2013, 09:26:45 PM
That said, Touhou has the added complication that there are mountains upon mountains of fanmade games of many different genres, and since those are arguably just as valid as the games by ZUN, well... the only criteria at this point is whether or not it had Touhou characters in it.

Yeah, the creator admits it's an homage to Touhou, but I'd be inclined to think of it as a Touhou fan-game due to a number of ... familiar ... faces.

Although their names are never mentioned, the playable character is Tewi, and the opponents are Chen, Nitori, Sanae, Medicine Melancholy, Daiyousei (I believe) and Rumia.

NejinOniwa

SleepyD

Also, Reitaisai 10 is over~ Now time to sift through the mountains of brand new fan material~
Also Touhou 13.5! (already translated, thank you very much, touhou fanbase)
And also Touhou 14 demo!

NejinOniwa

ENGLISH MASQUERADE WHERE PLS

I think it keeps crashing for me because I don't have applocale for the japanese version...

Cockleshell

i don't even, why can't i into all of these toehoes, i need ze engrish
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

SleepyD

Oh jeez, I was too excited. Gomen. m(_ _)m There exists a self-updating TL patch for TH14. Aptly named Touhou CRAP: http://thpatch.net/wiki/Touhou_Patch_Center:Download

TH13.5 Patch and Translation is pending.

NejinOniwa

Aye. Well, good to see they're on the work of it at least.

NejinOniwa