Pokémon General

Started by NejinOniwa, March 12, 2013, 05:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

http://gbatemp.net/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-sacred-gold-storm-silver.327567/
BROS.

ARE. YOU. READY!?
Because Johto is about to get a new hole torn up its ass.

A note though, if any of you are in the same boat as I am and can't get the xDelta GUI to patch things properly, use this modded GUI.
http://www.mediafire.com/?db9aazphb2qkmvt
Ignore the other files in that package, the "xdeltaui mod.exe" is the only one you really need.

Happy hacking!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

herly crerp, this makes me want to play gen4. :0

as for iris, i can't take her seriously. she barely aged before becoming the leader, easily making her the youngest one in pokemon history. there are others much more deserving of the title. and besides, the ONLY other gym leaders in history to make it to the elite 4 were koga and wallace (unless you count blue, which i don't), and even then, only one was the leader, and only for one game. it's just weird. and her outfit makes me take her even less seriously.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

NejinOniwa

There's also similar hacks for B/W and B2/W2, if you're interested in those.

LeaflameSD

That ROM hack looks freakin' legendary, I will play it in 20124382489377 years *shot*

NejinOniwa

Quote from: I randomly encounter one of the Hoenn Gym Leaders in Ilex Forest...
Gardenia: "Ivysaur! Use Vine Whip! Oh, yes, that feels fantastic! ...It's incredible! I don't know how much more of this I can- AAAH! Er... H-hi... I don't suppose y-you saw that? I should have g-guessed there would be passing t-trainers... I'll give you this TM, if you keep what you saw a secret!"
BY THOR'S BANJO, CANNOT UNSEE

Nichi

Is that in Black\White, or Black 2\White 2? I might have to play those *w*

NejinOniwa

That's the HG/SS hack I posted about previously. I mean...overt bondage references in a pokémon game? Besides, why would a Hoenn gym leader have an Ivysaur?

Still a very amusing thing to run into, though. It took me completely by surprise XD

Also, I'm not sure why, but I seem to be having recurring thoughts about "Hitler, the Holocaust pokémon" and/or little Adolf being transformed into a Koffing and warped into the poké-verse.

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: NejinOniwa on March 23, 2013, 12:27:22 AM
I seem to be having recurring thoughts about "Hitler, the Holocaust pokémon"

LOL

"Hitler the Holocaust Pokemon and the Evolved form of Richelieu. Hitler uses it's cunning word play to convince other Pokemon of joining his demented crusade of an Ethnically pure Pokemon World, often using them as cannon fodder"

NejinOniwa

Don't really see where you'd pull Richelieu in, though... He wasn't really playing the same game as Adolf, iirc.

Chocofreak13

after Team Plasma comes Team Sulphur Must, obsessed with creating an ethnically clean pokemon world? no cross-breeding of ANY species (that means YOU, brock, keep your hands to yourself)?
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

RANDOM THOUGHT: FAVORITE POKEMON PROFESSORS

1) Rowan
2) Juniper
3) Oak

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

In no real order:

- Oak
- Juniper
- Birch

Also, while I'm thinking about it and it's semi-related, what are your 3 favorite legendary Pokémon? Mine would be:

- Mewtwo
- Lugia
- Giratina

NejinOniwa

Hmmmmmm.

Well, (Sam) Oak is kind of a no-brainer, there...
As is Juniper, though. Honestly, she has the most backstory aside from Oak...and she's the least annoying, too.
Other than that, I really like Bill. Though he's not a proper professor (just a "researcher") I'll still give him a spot here.

Legendaries, though, is a lot easier. I've always liked Ice-types, and that all stems from my first sejour with Articuno back in Blue. And sure, Mewtwo is overwhelmingly powerful, but to be honest, once you finally get him there's not much to do with him. He is the final boss, and he's cool as fuck in that respect, but you never really got to know him as a pokémon, so to speak.
Suicune takes the final spot, though. I fell in love with the improved plot around him in Crystal, and that remains my favorite version of the game for that very reason. Suicune was the harbinger of change in the pokémon world, and he did everything right in his second coming.

As for the newer generations, I never really fancied their offerings all that much. Sure, the Regis were cool in concept - these strange hidden old golem-thingies you got to track down. But they aren't really charming as pokémon. The Weather trio of Hoenn isn't too fancy either - they lack...elegance. Giratina is close to nabbing a spot on the top 3, but is ultimately a bit too weird to beat the competition there; otherwise, Sinnoh had a lackluster offering overall. Unova...fails to hit the mark. Sure, there are lots of cool stuff, and good designs overall. But there's just way too bloody many of them to make you feel that feeling, the "legendariness" so to speak. The Kami trio! The Tao trio! The Muskedeers! Victini! Sure, Sinnoh had even more, but I never really paid much attention to anything but Giratina there.