Vintage OSes

Started by DustiiWolf, November 08, 2012, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 21, 2013, 03:02:20 AM
*raises hand*

until windows XP, you could enter a series of random numbers/letters for the product key and it would accept it. it was more there for show, i guess.

*sneaks out*

Huh, i didn't know that. Does it have to be a certain number of letters and numbers? Or does it not matter?

Nichi

It depends on the version. Some are a little more picky than others, but generally you can type in random letters and\or numbers and it'd work, or in the case of very early CD copies of Windows 95, there is seriously an "Ignore" button on the screen asking for the product key, which you can click and it'll continue installing without complaint xD

alfonso_rd_30

Check this out!

DAMN!! Didn't realize Saseko Didn't Show me as Connected...!

Nichi

Cool ^^

I did something like that a while back on my main desktop, using the Seamless modes in VirtualBox:

alfonso_rd_30

cuuute... sowwy KAWAIIIIIII!!!

DustiiWolf

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 21, 2013, 03:24:25 PM
Cool ^^

I did something like that a while back on my main desktop, using the Seamless modes in VirtualBox:

holy crap how did you seemless Win2k?!?!
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Nichi

I installed the Virtualbox Guest Additions. It's quite simple and useful :3

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 24, 2013, 08:22:21 PM

have it installed, the fluid mode isn't selectable

DustiiWolf

Quote from: alfonso_rd_30 on January 24, 2013, 08:37:17 PM
Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 24, 2013, 08:22:21 PM

have it installed, the fluid mode isn't selectable
Yah. And mine wont allow seemless. It "doesn't support it".
What version of VirtualBox you using?

Nichi

I'm on 4.1.22, and have no issues. I honestly have no idea why it wouldn't work for you; I just click the button saying "seamless" and it works :\

DustiiWolf

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 24, 2013, 08:51:08 PM
I'm on 4.1.22, and have no issues. I honestly have no idea why it wouldn't work for you; I just click the button saying "seamless" and it works :\

You mean the greyed out unclickable button? :P
Im running 4.2.4... im guessing seamless was removed for 2k.

Nichi

Possibly. I'm always lazy on upgrading to the newest version, since I never notice any change that makes the 100MB+ download worth it :\

EDIT: Apparently it was removed in 4.2. You can install the 4.1 additions to have that functionality available, if you wanted and can find the download

DustiiWolf

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 24, 2013, 09:25:08 PM
Possibly. I'm always lazy on upgrading to the newest version, since I never notice any change that makes the 100MB+ download worth it :\

EDIT: Apparently it was removed in 4.2. You can install the 4.1 additions to have that functionality available, if you wanted and can find the download
I found them. Testing it now.
http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/4.1.2/

EDIT: Figured out why it was removed >w< 2K-tan and Ai Madobe don't work very seamlessly together. >_<

DustiiWolf

I got it working now. It wasn't Windows 8, it was that I had my vbox display adapter set at a 1024x768 flat panel, but my laptop is 1366x768, and it was sizing it at 800x600 for some odd reason instead of 1024x768 too. After changing it to a display larger than that of my laptop, I got 1366x738 available, and now seamless works. c:

Nichi

Quote from: DustiiWolf on January 24, 2013, 10:02:17 PM
EDIT: Figured out why it was removed >w< 2K-tan and Ai Madobe don't work very seamlessly together. >_<

This backs my theory that 2k and 8 don't get along well; along with this pic and "Windows 2000" being removed from the Compatibility Mode menu ^^;

(I was bored and was tinkering around with the Windows 8 Virtualbox I had setup at one time, and got that to happen LOL)