Main Menu

comic books

Started by Spysweeper, January 29, 2007, 08:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spysweeper

Anyone here besides me read comic books?

CaptBrenden

I used to.. nothing where they wear thier underwear on the outside. -_-
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Spysweeper

It's not underwear it's a costume and their designs have changed alot over the years.

CaptBrenden

:P well fine, if they wear mostly what looks like spandex/foam rubber body fitting suits, with what looks like underwear on the outside.. i dont read em.

mostly I read darkhorse comics, they did alot fo movie adaptations and the like. Such as the verios Aliens ones

Spysweeper

Ok I read Topcow, DC, Marvel, Darkhourse, as well as underground comics. so basically you judge a book by it's cover from what i'm hearing anyway.

CaptBrenden

Thats why cover art is soppose to grab you.  There are alot of comics out there, and i have to narrow down which ones im going to get somehow.  Superheros in skin tight suits do not interest me.  Marines in space battling aliens does.  They may be well written.. but if i dont like the look of the characters or art... i cant be bothered to buy it.  Too much out there that does catch my eye.

Spysweeper

Well thats cool everyone has their own view on things so anyone else here read comics.

zjhentohlauedy

well i've read a few. mainly DC comics; identity crisis, kingdom come, green lantern stuff, i plan on reading countdown to infinite crisis. my brother is the one who keeps reading comics he usually recommends to me the good ones. i actually enjoy comics as much as manga. :)
My my, aren't you lovely~

Myrdin

I read an occasional comic book.

I dislike most mainstream comics. They tend to be unoriginal. Many also require you to read a few previous issues to understand what's going on and then read a few more to get to the end of the storyline. The art is also formulaic. I like variety.

I do read a LOT of web comics. 42 at the moment.

The Flight series is one of the few printed comics worth getting.
I always pick up a few interesting books at the SD Comic-Con, too.

zjhentohlauedy

ya web comics are a lot of fun. and i agree that the mainstream comics tend to be unoriginal, but so are most web comics, anime, manga and other literature.

It really is hard to be original these days it seems like everything is being reused and recycled. ;026

Spysweeper

Well that depends on what you read right now marvel and dc are doing really good and you can read the comics online now. The civil war is going really good right now spawn is doing really good with Armageddon saga.

You can read them all right  here

http://groups.msn.com/UltimateSpidermanOnlineComic

CaptBrenden

Spawn is another one I like.  Todd Mcfarland is a pretty bad ass artist if you ask me.  especialy since he didnt draw before 18.. He is quite the insperation to people like me.  Havent picked any up in a long time tho.  I always wait till they get bound in graphic novel form now.  As Mr cat said.. if you miss and issue your lost.. and i dont like that. Getting the graphic novel is like getting a volume of a manga.. you get the whole story.. "or at least that segment of it"

Im gonna miss SD comic con.... now that ive moved back to washington I doubt ill be going back often if at all.  Tho it was nice while it lasted.  Have several sketch book pictures done by the guys form penny arcade.

Spysweeper

Well I've posted a link and they basically have everything there I also like Witchblade which became an anime and Darkness which will be anime later on this year.  Teenage mutant ninja turtles is another comic series I love It will also be anime later on this year.

CaptBrenden

It was already an animates show o_O i grew up with it and have the entier series on dvd...

zjhentohlauedy

ninja turtles will become an anime?
something like GiJoe sigma 6?
i like the new snake eyes now that he moves like a ninja :/