Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Started by SleepyD, January 24, 2007, 01:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

I'm just too obsessed with this to not talk about it.

Problem is, I don't exactly know what to talk about.

First things first, how many of you have seen it, what do you think about it, and if you haven't seen it, do you have any idea what it's about?

After that we can talk about characters and such. ^^

Spysweeper

Yeah i'm looking forward to the sequel coming out this year.

SleepyD

haha, ok, this isn't starting up much conversation...

Alright, Jeff has a question for those who've seen it:
Which scene freaked you out the most?

.....do we have spoiler tags, or shall we resort to making the font really small?

CaptBrenden

is it licenced or can I still download it?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Nidas

Needs moar Rika. A Shion is fine too.

I liked it. Its one of the better brainfuck animes out there (the only other one from the genre that I like is Ergo Proxy). Every episode seemed to end on a cliffhanger :P I don't think it has all that much rewatch value though, but its definitely worth watching once

SleepyD

Have you read the TIPS?  It's been translated at AnimeSuki somewhere.

In any case, it seems that the visual novel messed with your head even more, with lots of red herrings and stuff.  They had to shorten it in the anime, so most of that was removed.  I really wish I could read Japanese.....

Rika wins.  Very much. ^^

Nidas

Quote from: "SleepyD"Have you read the TIPS?  It's been translated at AnimeSuki somewhere.

I read some of them, but a lot of it was tl;dr to be honest. I'll probably revisit it before the sequel is out though

SleepyD

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"is it licenced or can I still download it?

Hasn't been licensed yet, as far as I know.  While I do prefer Triad's subs, they are quite slow, and WinD's is ok.

CaptBrenden

Darknight_88

We need spoiler tags...
In the meantime, I propose the use of white text for spoilers.

Well...I saw it, and it was AWESOME and I'm waiting for a sequel (lol @ ending everyone dies due to toxic volcanic gasses/experimental chemical weapon one day after the end of the series)
And the scene that shocked me most...the final scene of the second arc (When "Mion" appears and....nails Keiichi). Yep, that really freaked me out.

Quote from: "SleepyD"Have you read the TIPS
No....same as Nidas, tl:dr

Wait...Triad...
LOL
Triad is still subbing higurashi!?!!
You should download WinD's subs

Nidas

Quote from: "Darknight_88"And the scene that shocked me most...the final scene of the second arc (When "Mion" appears and....nails Keiichi). Yep, that really freaked me out.

Apparently he just imagined it and died of a heart attack ;)

Quote from: "Darknight_88"Wait...Triad...
LOL
Triad is still subbing higurashi!?!!
You should download WinD's subs

Seconded, I found WinD's pretty good personally :p

EDIT: 100 post GET! XD

Darknight_88

Quote from: Nidas
Quote from: "Darknight_88"And the scene that shocked me most...the final scene of the second arc (When "Mion" appears and....nails Keiichi). Yep, that really freaked me out.

Apparently he just imagined it and died of a heart attack ;)
Oh, yeah, I also read that at 4chan :D. But that doesn't change the fact that It freaked me out when I saw it >_>.

Quote from: "Nidas"EDIT: 100 post GET! XD
Congratulations! You are our No. 26 top poster!!
Just 1759 more to become the No.1 (Only if C-chan and the captain stop posting :D)!!!!

C-Chan

Yo Darknight.  Long time no see.  You should've stuck around more to see how craftily I've kept my promise to you.  ^__^

Yeah, on my end that'll be easy to do, cause ever since they opened up the OS-tan Wiki, I spend more time there than on this board.  ^^;

Meaning that in the past two weeks, I've only clocked dismal growth to my post count.  -v-

The Captain's still a spammer though, so you're gonna have to figure out a way to overshoot him....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬'

CaptBrenden

Jeff recomends Triad, so the captain downloads Triad.  

the pig is also bacon the captain thinks yessss

SleepyD

haha. ^^

Triad has been subbing higurashi lately. They're up to 18.  But if the captain gets to that point and still wants to continue, WinD's subs are decent. ^_^