/OSC/ Skypetable RPG - Changeling: The Dreaming (2nd Edition)

Started by Chocofreak13, January 29, 2012, 09:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

that's fine, and it ties into what i have to say next.

PEOPLE. CAN I ASK SOMETHING OF YOU.

IF YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY, JUST SAY IT. DON'T AVOID THE ISSUE, DON'T PUT IT OFF, DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH. JUST GET IT OUT AND BE DIRECT. REGARDLESS OF WHAT IT IS WE'RE ALL FRIENDS HERE.

this means that if you can't make a game, if you're having problems with something (plot, character, other character, etc), if something is upsetting you, TELL ME ABOUT IT. nothing will be done unless you SPEAK THE FUCK UP. ><;;

thankyou. :3
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

so the game has been postponed. not next saturday (18th) but the week after (the 25th).
click to make it bigger

Nichi

You mean the 25th, right? The 23rd is Thursday; I thought this was a Saturday thing

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

ik i've asked people this before, but......

what does everyone think of adding an additional player? this would make 7 PCs and 1 NPC.
(we have 3/7 people on board so far >>; )
click to make it bigger

Bella

I don't care HOW many people you bring on. Unless it gets to a point where there are so many players that the game becomes difficult to play. ^^;

Chocofreak13

thanks for that. ^^ the person in particular i wanted to bring on doesn't seem to have too much to do anymore, so i figured including him will give him some more social interaction. :3 he says he won't be able to make every game, but i've played with him before and he takes things quite seriously, so i think we can count on him for quality roleplay. ^^

(4/7 people on board)
click to make it bigger

Bella

Would anyone really object to more players on board, though? : /

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i want to ask everyone since some people (including me, for the most part, but this is a special case) feel that too large a group takes away from the game. my major concern is that not everyone will get a voice; as it stands all battles are going to be tedious due to the number of turns. ><;; the usual amount i like to have is 4 players + me as the storyteller, since that means that turnover in roleplay and fight scenes happens rather fast. however, considering we have a lot of people who sincerely want to play, i'm not going to turn anyone away. on the contrary, considering that most of you have integrated yourselves into the environment, the roleplay becomes that much richer.

TL;DR: sometimes a large number hinders play, hopefully we can overcome that. my only fears here are that the more experienced roleplayers might overshadow the newbies, or that people will get rather bored since with 8+ characters interacting at once, it may take awhile for turns to come full circle. :\

i'm likely going to try to build plot mechanisms to overcome this, such as splitting the players into 2 groups for things. hopefully, even during the times when this isn't possible, people will be willing to be attentive. the last thing i want to do is make you guys feel obligated to play. :[
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

NejinOniwa

Nichi

I'm just about ready. Working out final details on my character now...

NejinOniwa