7-tan(Noob's Design)(loli!)

Started by Alex_Reetz, October 19, 2008, 12:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuker

Despite the similarities to Neptune-tan, I think Kiso is on to something here. We could try to take that design and work on it to make it less mecha-like and more gritty and down to earth, but still badass... after all Microsoft put way more effort in improving performance than eye candy this time...

We could make her hair white, and combine Kiso's design with Aurora's latest sketch. That could work...

Kiso

Hmm... although you were right on saying that Microsoft did not put much effort on interface as much as performance... I actually just made a play on their work.

I wanted to retain some visual elements that appeared on some of the Vistans (the suit somewhat resembles the hot-looking Chivistan) and plan on doing more more Vistan concept borrows (like Vistake's scythe probably, thinking also on the aero bike/broom/whatever thing), but applied to look more like 7's own rather than a Vista borrow. But I won't go just there... I also want to use stuff that appeared on other 7-tan concepts. That way, I will see whether or not I had really messed up or not when I decided to "listen to what others had to say".
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Smokey

heeeeeyyyyj..... good idea, listening to the users, like M$ does... ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Kiso

Dude... please tell me you are serious... cause I want to smile at the fact that I did something good for a change. lol JK, JK... I do good things all the time.

Anyways, I'd like to hear more on my design... although I really don't want to shove it onto people. I just whimsically used the excuse to learn how people think of character designs and stuff.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

OS Freak

Hear others. You might dump my idea if its worthless in any case. If it's good tell me so. How about making a slight design between win 2K and Vista but something that can help is adding designs on the applications 7 carries instead of the little change on Interface. Might be a good idea. I think.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

Smokey

i'm just waiting for the latest design, but i do like VonDaabs ears, they should be in the design too ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

I just saw this in the gallery.

(Image is resized, see bigger one here http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pos=-7413 )
Rather interesting take on the design. Kind of more casual wear.

Kiso

I actually saw that before... it's an "old" drawing in the Image Collector site thing. I actually like it... much better than the kimono-wearing, dark-haired girl. In fact, my first personal concepts took mayor reference on that design.

However, I don't like the 7-shaped things around her ears, and someone seemed to have missed the Aero features for Win7... makes it look kind of incomplete... somehow. Still... 7-tan could use a diverse wardrobe, referencing the different many different versions of the software, but only being just one character in her multiple facets. Yes... those are back:

Quote from: "Wikipedia"
Windows 7 Starter
   An option for "lower-cost" laptops or "price-sensitive" consumers, with limitations: the Aero Glass theme is not included, it will only be sold in a 32-bit edition, and the system is limited to running only three applications simultaneously. This will be available pre-installed on computers through system integrators or computer manufacturers.

Windows 7 Home Basic
   Windows 7 Home Basic will only be available in emerging markets such as Brazil, People's Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Pakistan, the Philippines, and Thailand. It will not be available in countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Windows 7 Home Basic can run an unlimited number of applications, but some Aero Glass options are excluded along with several new features.

Windows 7 Home Premium
   This edition contains additional features aimed at the home market segment, such as Windows Media Center, Windows Aero and touch-screen controls.

Windows 7 Professional
   This edition is targeted toward enthusiasts and small business users. It includes all the features of Windows 7 Home Premium, and adds the ability to participate in a Windows Server domain. Additional features include operating as a Remote Desktop server, location aware printing, Encrypting File System, and Presentation Mode.

Windows 7 Enterprise targets the enterprise segment of the market and will be sold through volume licensing. Additional features include support for Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packages, BitLocker Drive Encryption, and UNIX application-support. Not available through retail or OEM channels, this edition will be distributed through Microsoft Software Assurance (SA). As a result it includes several SA-only benefits, including a license allowing the running of multiple virtual machines, access to Virtual PC Express, and activation via VLK.

Windows 7 Ultimate
   Windows 7 Ultimate combines all the features of the other editions, including Enterprise, but unlike that edition will be available to home users on an individual license basis. Unlike Windows Vista Ultimate, the Windows 7 Ultimate edition will not include the Windows Ultimate Extras feature or any exclusive features.

Hmm... although my idea would sound better than having to make one '-tan for each edition of the OS, it may contradict some of the other editions. However, seeing as how the entire OS will be fully installed from the beginning, it's just a matter of purchasing a new license and you get more features. In that case (and playing with logic somewhat), she could be the same person for all editions, but behaving differently according to how much authority has been granted to whoever is in contact with her... or something.

Anyways... I had made another drawing of my current 7-tan concept... but it was before I read any of the comments after my last post so I missed ideas. However, I did add those four square buttons whichc could represent the pinned taskbar buttons feature in Win7. In this case, I wanted to make her look somewhat badass, like it was told before. As for the bunny ears, I did not put them because I went "Badass with bunny ears? Does not compute! Does not compute! *explodes*"... but I might think on doing it later on. In the meantime... I added a randomly designed scythe for her to play with... oh, and yes, shes on mid air.

Here: CLICKY CLICKY!!

Did I mention I drew with on a bus while going to college?

Oh... and again... comments, comments, comments... they're needed.

Next-up... me drawing the concept made by Nuker, the one made by VonDaab... and mine again. Might show it up by the end of the week... promise I'll at least draw them.

NejinOniwa

That gives off sort of a...priority access card-something feeling, or something. Couldn't that reflect on her personality constantly doing complete 360's handling different persons? That's some plot device, thar.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Well i stared at the concept posted by VonDaab, and indeed she isn't that bad-ass, however i do like the 7-jeans...(took me awhile to realize her jeans actually formed a 7, subtle yet cool...), and i have come to think that those jeans make for a good replacement for the ears, drop the earrings and make a bit more bad, and we have win...
Have to agree with you, Kiso, bunny ears aren't kick-ass....
Thanks Fedora-sama

Cockleshell

Tell me that's not badass.

One comment on the design, she still looks a bit too much like Neptune.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

Nuker

@Kiso: Now, your design is what I call cool. Looks badass, especially the scythe.

By the way, that talk about SKUs, activations, and "authority levels" got me thinking: since we already talked about "limiters" and "berserk-mode" when discussing DRM we could apply that idea to SKU upgrading. The "normal" 7-tan is the Home Premium version, but she actually has several "seals" or "limiters" which can be deactivated to upgrade. You know, like Shinigami(Bleach)/Alucard(Hellsing)/Goddesses and Demons(OMG), etc... with Ultimate being her "final form".

NejinOniwa

I CAN HAS PLOT DEVICE

I can see it now.

"You haven't seen it all yet...ACTIVATE! 'ULTIMATE' FORM DELIMITER, RELEASE!"
*DOOON*

Man, that's awesome.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

VonDaab

I dont know anymore what you guys want Win7-tan to be...

Well, what I know, is that I cant take this seriously anymore.