MEWXPZLFUDAWV Club!

Started by Bella, November 29, 2007, 11:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Welcome to the Mac Evangelists, Windows XP Zealots, Linux Fans and Unix Disciples Against Windows Vista Club!

Somehow a comment I made snowballed into this club. Honestly, I can say I didn't see that coming :P  It was either me or C-Chan who was going to start this thread, so I went ahead. It came from a crazy idea...what if these four incredibly different, and occasionally contentious, groups of OS fans were to see...in light of recent events...that maybe they aren't so different after all.

Please take this thread with a grain of salt, and good humor. It's meant to be a bit satirical. Be civil and factual when posting, no flaming allowed, and there's no rule against posting in favor of Vista. As long as it's kept friendly! I'd post more, but I'd like to see the input from the other co-founders.

*If I get in trouble for this...*

*wanders off*

Darknight_88

This is why I can't be nice to you linuxers/unixers >: /

WAR

also, somewhat [barely] related screenshot :D

C-Chan

Awwwwwww... there's XP-chan cutely infiltrating your Vista machine.  ^__^

In any event,..... -v-

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

The MEWXPZLFUDAWV Club is officially open!!!!!!!!!  ^-^

Thank you, Bella the Great, for a most successful Grand Opening!!!  ^____^

Don't count on me for extra input, though, since I'm teetering on the brink of sleep-deprivation as it is.... and besides, I'd rather just CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

Added after 1 minutes:

Oh yeah, and wish a warm welcome to the upcoming PicoPC's:

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6395777363.html

...courtesty of our resident Linux-sama. ^___^

Siya

*waves a little MEWXPZLFUDAWV banner*  

Yay!  The club is made!

C-Chan

For the UNIX DISCIPLES.... a very cute article.  ^________^

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1005754

Ahhhh,... how I yearn for the good ol' days.... ^.^

(BTW, a lot of potential OS-tan ideas too,... didn't realize there was a
"Venix")

Added after 1 minutes:

Oh, and I'll be working on a new signature today for our club,... one of many since, as y'all know, it's Open Sauce....  

http://ostan-collections.net/downloads.php?view=detail&id=102

Please stand by.  ^___^

IanDanKilmaster

Wave the banner with pride fellow anti-Vistaers!

Worry not, for we need only hold out for two years, that is until the Vista enthusiasts start their war against Windows 7! ^0^

edit: Almost forgot, do we have any BSD-ers on this forum?  If not, I may end up being the very first once I convert one of my older PCs to BSD.  I'll let you guys know how it goes.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "IanDanKilmaster"
Worry not, for we need only hold out for two years, that is until the Vista enthusiasts start their war against Windows 7! ^0^

lol no

Spoilers: I don't have anything against XP or previous Windows OS'es. Nor against the next Windows OS. I think the same applies for most Vista users...

-_-'

Bella

QuoteThis is why I can't be nice to you linuxers/unixers >: /

WAR

I wish I could be known as a "Linuxer or Unixer" XD

And nice pic! Is that an XP-tan cosplaying? :P

But I would just like to point out one thing...I have nothing against anyone for using any OS they want. I don't have to use your computer, after all. No, what I dislike is the notion that "just because it's the newest OS, it's the best" or "just because it comes with 95% of new PCs it must be better than (insert lesser known/older OS)"

I should also note that I like (NT-based) Windows; I don't dislike Vista for the simple fact of being an M$ product. But I dislike a company releasing an OS that's loaded with DRM, untested code, too high of hardware requirements and bad hardware detection, and SPP, and having the gall to price it for $250+ and say it's better than (insert lesser known/older OS).

Without above mentioned features, I probably wouldn't have such a beef with Vista.

Techno the fox

The MEWXPZLFUDAWV has it's own topic now?

Thank you "Bella the great"

^_^ Heheheh..

Oooh, look at *Staaaaares at C-chan's sig*

NejinOniwa

Quote from: "Darknight"edit: Almost forgot, do we have any BSD-ers on this forum? If not, I may end up being the very first once I convert one of my older PCs to BSD. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Ho? Interesting! Keep us posted on your adventures with...the little devil. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

Quoteedit: Almost forgot, do we have any BSD-ers on this forum? If not, I may end up being the very first once I convert one of my older PCs to BSD. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I tried dabbling with DesktopBSD a while ago, but it didn't quite work out.  Had much better luck with PC-BSD, but only on virtual console.  Ironically, FreeB-chan is not particularly newbie-friendly.  ^___^;

QuoteI wish I could be known as a "Linuxer or Unixer" XD

Oh, we can call ourselves anything in this business. ^.^

QuoteBut I would just like to point out one thing...I have nothing against anyone for using any OS they want. I don't have to use your computer, after all. No, what I dislike is the notion that "just because it's the newest OS, it's the best" or "just because it comes with 95% of new PCs it must be better than (insert lesser known/older OS)"

Daijoubu, Bella-sama.  ^___^
The fact that the greatest peacemaker in the OS-tan world founded this clube means speaks volumes for the civility.  (now you see what I meant, right?)

But even Ghandi had people that hated him, so you just have to resign yourself to the fact that,... well,.... there will always be classic cases of projection which turns martyrs into maggots, and gentle sheep into rabinous wolves.  ^.^

QuoteOooh, look at *Staaaaares at C-chan's sig*p/quote]

Thank you, I made that quickly in a few minutes.  One of the many things you can do with an open-sauced SVG file available for download here at our forum!  No charge!  ^__~

Anyway, sorry to leave it at that, but my battery on my EeePC-chan's about to give.  C ya all later!  ^^

Darknight_88

QuoteBut even Ghandi had people that hated him,
But Ghandi promoted social critique and whatnot, not "hey, lets haet the british" . Your banner is more about hate than critique >_>.

And since this is on the OS-tan subforum, I fear this might derive into OS-tan hate.
Which of course, I won't tolerate ¬¬

CaptBrenden

Humm.. I see Im going to have to watch this thread closely.

I have never once attempted to squash anyones opinions about anything.   Heck I enjoy a good passionate debate about a subject, dispite some people not being able to have a discussion without being personaly offended if people dont agree with them.  But darknight is right, dispite the founders opening statement about the civilness of this thread its got all the makings of well.. a hate group.

You guys have dozens of threads across the forum in which you discuss your beefs with vista, the pros and cons of differnt oses, etc... Heck, dispite the whole OStan fandom starting with the most well known windows-tans, I'd say a good portion of this forum (at least the actively posting) supports all of your "open source yadda yadda" oses and the like.    

And also, like he said, this isnt in the "computer disscusion" area, this is in the OS-tan fanfics, comics, and fan stuff,  so a "anti vista" thread here is more or less against the tan, not the system.  I could move your thread to the appropriate sub-forum if you like.

Tho nothing has been done in the thread currently (cept the dubbius nature of the way its... potrayed)  I cant say I have a reason to lock or close it, but like I said, Ill be watching it closely.  Id advise everyone to concider not posting in this thread due to formentioned resons, and Id also advise everyone that intends on posting in it to be careful how they word their "civil discussion."

Remember, OS-tan Hurt/Heal was taken down because of putting OS-tan against OS-tan.  This topic falls dangerously close to that.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Darknight_88

ok, just posting here in order to explain my point of view to avoid creating drama >_>

It's ok If you want to discuss about why you don't like Windows Vista. No one here is a superior entity with rights to decide who's wrong or who's right about their choice of OS (as Bella already pointed). Nor it's wrong to point the flaws of a certain object. Heck, even when I don't share most of your views towards the software industry, I don't think it's wrong to discuss that.

But If people are going for that, I think that the computer & gaming subforum would be a more appropriate place to discuss OS'es.

now, yeah, I called this a "hate thread". In the same satirical spirit this thread is supposed to be kept. Now, before anyone comes here claiming that the capt and I are just trying to impose "Windows superiority" (when the open source is majority T_T), just take the words of the Capt. as a warning reinforcing the first post on this thread: take this as a satire, with humor. But please keep serious discussions about the OS in the computer & gaming forums. Otherwise, this thread derives into "serious business".
And when that happens, the term "hate thread" becomes also serious T_T-

srsly, OS-tans =/= serious business T_T

C-Chan

Fufufu,,.,. the party crashers arrived far later than I thought.    ^^
Probaby tied up in forum games.  -v-

In any event, glad they're here, cause this is a valuable lesson on the trials and tribulations that await us, brave members of the MEWXPZLFUDAWV (surely you didn't think it was gonna be all fun and games, right?)  `v'

Here we have a classic marketing, borderline-psyops ploy used to disrupt and destroy an opposing group.

- Projection - "against" isn't the same as "hate", but one sees what one wants to see.

- Guilt - pitting oneself as a victim of a credibly disenfranchised minority, despite that one represents a severely powerful majority.

- Intimidation - using one's legal and/or financial weight to scare or create problems that don't originally exist.

- Forgery - coming up with fantastical tales to compensate for lack of research -- or intentionally not researching to back any of hte previous tactics.

In other words, here's our first taste of classic FUD.

"Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt"

It is a terrible and dramatic thing, I know.,  -v-

But don't worry, cause as long as one stays confident, resolute, focused, law-abiding and reasonable, there's nothing to fear.  ^____^

So your first mission,...

Post.  ^v^
Nothing more nothing less than just post a lot and as you normally do.  

Cause as a wise person once said:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. "