What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

I knew that Unix would be involved in Instrumentality.

stewartsage

All other OS's dissolve into Tang?  I'm in if I get to touch UNIX-sama.

Red-Machine

Quote from: Bella on March 25, 2011, 10:36:24 PMDoubtful. They'll probably all go Unix or *Nix-like....

Trust you to say that.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

No touching Unix-sama, she's mine... loljk, no you can have her. *Chases off after Multics-hime*

Quote from: Red-Machine on March 26, 2011, 05:56:06 AMTrust you to say that.

...cause that's the way the whole of the operating system industry has been going for oh, the last 40 years? There's the BSDs and GNU/Linux distros in the server and professional (and to a much smaller extent, home) markets, Mac OSX among home computers, Android and iOS in the phone markets, most of IBM's large scale systems are based on Unix and there's the various embedded *Nix OSes in everything from routers and DVRs to satellites and aircraft. I wouldn't be surprised if Unix systems already outweigh non-Unix ones...

NejinOniwa

Just waiting for the Windows Hegemony to fall, are we? -w-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Aurora Borealis

And let a 40-year old computer virus take its place. :P

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Yeah, I was just being snarky, and saw an opportunity for it. :P

Bella

No we can't, you, your computer, your mother, your dog and your mailman will all have to assimilate to the Unix way of life. >>

Krizonar

Browsing from 10.4.11 Tiger!
It is good to give them exercise every now and then.

Chocofreak13

i'm too tired to assimilate. =__=;
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Red-Machine

The Borg can kiss my ass.  I use my PC for gaming and web browsing, that't it.  I'm not migrating to a new OS unless I stop gaming or it can game just as well as Windows.  End of.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Red-Machine on March 27, 2011, 05:33:11 AM
The Borg can kiss my ass.  I use my PC for gaming and web browsing, that't it.  I'm not migrating to a new OS unless I stop gaming or it can game just as well as Windows.  End of.

Agreed! Though I would like better pen support and better support for Adobe products as they are kinda lacking when used in Windows...

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on March 27, 2011, 05:33:11 AM

It's hilarious how gamers bitch and moan about how certain OSes are not able to host their games and will, therefor, never switch to said OSes, all the while COMPLETELY ignoring the concepts of virtualization (though I can't blame them for this one: the concept of using virtualized systems to run programs the host can't has only been around since the 1960s) and dual-booting.