What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i don't like it. and i'm not just saying that because of a bias against newer versions.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

With the sketchy business shit Microsoft is in right now, I'm not gonna touch any of their new products with a 2 meter pole if i can help it.

Paranoia is healthy, these days.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

dad got me a little netbook and i snuck it upstairs

Simonorged

I have no computer, I use my tablet.
Simon was here :P

LeaflameSD

my dad is getting me an Archos GamePad tomorrow
gave him my laptop to hold for me b/c if I get caught using it leaftop will be kill ;(

Nichi

So...good news and bad news:

Bad: My 2TB external is officially dead. Tried everything I could possibly manage (Various recovery software, the "stick it in the freezer" trick, etc.), and nothing works. So, I lost most of the anime and TV shows I've downloaded from a span of January 2013 to April 2015 (Most of this will be easy enough to replace, but it's a major hassle. Probably the biggest loss currently is 2 sketches from Monty Python that were edited out from most broadcast versions, of which are not included on the copy I made from my sister's DVD set of the series).

Good: I have at least downloaded Kill la Kill again, including me jumping through hoops to find the original version of Underwater's sub of episode 22 (The one that had a weather bulletin, in Japanese, scrolling across the top of the screen. Some might find it annoying, while I found it kinda neat).

stewartsage

There's a local (Charlottesville) place that offers to take a look at any computer for free and diagnose the issue.  I wanna take Lily and see if they can replace the blown fuse in her master disk drive.

Chocofreak13

that sounds fishy, but good luck bro. :0
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

After deciding that I should get off of the Core 2 Duo I bought an ASUS Z97-A motherboard and a Core i5.

As I did not want to reinstall the OS I backed up my hard drive and installed the drivers for the new motherboard while running on the old motherboard. Apparently it didn't like that so tried uninstalling all of my old motherboards drivers and alas no success.

Now I have to get all my files into an archieve (since I can't browse a clonezilla backup) and reinstall Windows, hooray.

Chocofreak13

that sucks, bro. but honestly, if i were in your shoes i'd kinda figure that would happen. a clean install just makes sense since you're basically removing its' internal organs and replacing them with new ones.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY BRAAAAIIINNN!?"
-Your Computer

good luck regardless, sounds like a sweet processor. :0

i think i should look into upgrade options for this laptop; Softy's nice but her RAM is driving me insane.

EDIT: so it's looking like i might be getting another iphone.

can't hold a candle to GT, but GothTwin (so, GT and GT) is a 4s, which means that this younger twin will be able to do things that GT can't, like Siri and an app or two.

i don't really know what i'm going to do with another iphone, but hey, it sounds fun. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Nice :3

TBH, I've considered eventually upgrading to Flonne IV...but for now, III is working just fine; given that I feel I might have sorted out the overheating issue (Removing Steam made a big difference, and allowed me to have Skype on there with fewer issues)

Chocofreak13

i'm gonna have to figure out what's gonna transfer and what isn't, and some use for it, or else it's gonna be a novelty. :\
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

I have convinced the OS to swap MOBOs it was actually rather simple. All I did was put the install disk back in and I selected upgrade, I went through the steps and when it was going to preform the first restart I moved the HDD to the new motherboard and I finished the proccess there. Now it's like nothing every changed.

LeaflameSD

the woes of having a shitty chinese netbook

Chocofreak13

i sorry, bro. ;^;

@lego: huh, way to go. hope it works out well. :0
click to make it bigger